Recomend me a 'good' entry level tube headphone amp.
Sep 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #226 of 227
Our long time buddy and Garage1217 purveyor of the Golden Gospel "techboy". Just did a big review of the Project Ember in a new thread, and his findings state that there wasn't really much difference between it versus his Bravo Ocean...
biggrin.gif

Yeahhh. No one who has the Ember stands by techboy's "findings" 

And Mshenay there you go again bashing the ember without ever hearing it. You're no better than techboy. I'm done. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #227 of 227

Yeahhh. No one who has the Ember stands by techboy's "findings" 

And Mshenay there you go again bashing the ember without ever hearing it. You're no better than techboy. I'm done. 

I'm not bashing it on the sound, I'm stating having an un protected circuit is assine, which it is. Although apprently they are build a metal case for it, which would increase the price. Sonically I'm sure it's great but purely based in theory and utility... buying an open amp is not a smart idea. It would be like leaving the Case on ur Pc off... bad move as all sorts of things can and will get in it

And on that basis, I find it hard to recommend. Still the irony I's I'd pay the $400 or so rumored price tag for a closed one.

But tech boy has very bias subjective opionons, I'm stating objective facts based on owning amps of the same model. An open circuit isn't safe, and is there for a flaw. For some it may not be a big deal. But again at the end of the day. It's just sloppy in my book.

Why do you think Schiit does NOT sell the Lyr without a case, because they know better than to do something that dangerous :/ 

so let's hope they put a case one that gal, maybe I'll try one then ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back