Reccomend me some BASS! Beyer DT770/80 vs ATH Pro700mkII
Jul 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bigheadhifi

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.. its me again asking for advice.. 

This time I want to ask for bassheavy phones... mostly for dubstep and other bassheavy stuff
the choice is between the beyer and ath.. which one do you think will perform better in terms of bass? I'm not very experienced in basshead headphones so I need your advice..

warmest regards,

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
This time I want to ask for bass heavy phones... mostly for dubstep and other bassheavy stuff
the choice is between the beyer and ath.. which one do you think will perform better in terms of bass? I'm not very experienced in basshead headphones so I need your advice..

What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
The DT770 will suit you perfectly

I'm leaning towards dt770 too actually, nice to have confirmation from other, thanks!

Quote:
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?

I'm using foobar2000(wasapi) to a nuforce uDac2 with little dot 1+ or a diy cmoy amp.. what do you think?

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

I'm leaning towards dT770 too actually, nice to have confirmation from other, thanks!

I'm using foobar2000(wasapi) to a nuforce uDac2 with little dot 1+ or a diy cmoy amp.. what do you think?

I believe it was NamelessPFG that said the Little Dot 1 + Hybrid was not a good amplifier for higher Ohm (like 250 or 300-Ohm) headphones.
Which is something I trying to look in.
The Fiio E9 should be a good match for 250-Ohm headphones.

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
I believe it was NamelessPFG that said the Little Dot 1 + Hybrid was not a good amplifier for higher Ohm (like 250 or 300-Ohm) headphones.
Which is something I trying to look in.
The Fiio E9 should be a good match for 250-Ohm headphones.

I've been using my little dot I+ with my sextett and it seems to be doing pretty well although I know it doesnt provide enough current.

DT770/80 ohm is the one that I'm eyeing at, cause I wanted the bass, and the 80 ohms is the bassiest one as far as I understand... and may I ask, what cheap (<$200) desktop amp that you think can powers 600ohm headphone? sorry for adding an additional question lol

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

I've been using my little dot I+ with my sextett and it seems to be doing pretty well although I know it doesnt provide enough current.

DT770/80 ohm is the one that I'm eyeing at, cause I wanted the bass, and the 80 ohms is the bassiest one as far as I understand... and may I ask, what cheap (<$200) desktop amp that you think can powers 600ohm headphone? sorry for adding an additional question lol

lowest costing amplifier for 600-Ohm headphones, the Fiio E9.

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
lowest costing amplifier for 600-Ohm headphones, the Fiio E9.

Thanks! although I think I will wait for the new E09K.. from fiio. its compatible with e17 and numerous options for output with higher gain. it looks interesting, I hope they still keep the price under 200 dollars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back