RE0 and Sunrise SW-Xcape
Oct 21, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #31 of 44

Quote:
zest, how do you compare the xcape with the mc5 and silver bullet?

What I said in another thread about xcape:
It's pretty difficult to explain because I'm not fluent in english and I'm not an expert, I would say, compared to SB, sound is more laid back, a bit smooth sometimes, it's like SB sound has more shape, like it is in 3D and Xcape in 2D. After some more listening, I don't think highs are better than with mc5 and I noticed they sound a bit better with iAudio 9 (BBE Viva EQ) than with Fuze (Normal EQ).

mc5 are more balanced, have more accuracy and slightly more clarity than SB, but they sound a bit cold and flat, some people say they're realistic, to me they're not the best when listening to a pop/rock concert. Xcape is between both, less spacious, slightly warmer and more balanced than SB, but warmer, more engaging and less clear than mc5.

Oct 23, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #32 of 44
Thank you for sharing your impression! Hope you enjoy Xcape
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #36 of 44
I'm also wondering if I should get the Sunrise over the RE0?

My RE0 are on the way and I will receive them in a few days. This thread made me somewhat regret ordering the RE0 since from what I'm reading it's lean on the bass, and doesn't sound as full as the Sunrise. My musical preferences are jazz, classical, and pop. I like to listen to podcasts and audiobooks on the go too. When I listen I like to "see" into the music, and hear the layers of music. Some might say I like to analyze the music, and search for nuances and depth. I like clarity and detail, and I like the bass tight but not heavy.

I'm coming from JVC Marshmallows which sound muddy and closed even after mods, Sennheiser HD595 which has a great soundstage and detail, but lacks body in the lower end. I also have the Koss KSC75, Sennheiser PX100 v1, and Grado SR60. To tell the truth there hasn't been a headphone/earphone in my collection that I am completely satisfied with. My preference would probably be the sound signature of the HD595 over the PX100 and some of the sparkle in the treble of the KSC75.

My source will mainly be a rockboxed Sansa Fuze. I wonder if my listening tastes will compliment more with the RE0 or the Sunrise? My budget is sub $100.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #37 of 44

Quote:
I'm also wondering if I should get the Sunrise over the RE0?

My RE0 are on the way and I will receive them in a few days. This thread made me somewhat regret ordering the RE0 since from what I'm reading it's lean on the bass, and doesn't sound as full as the Sunrise. My musical preferences are jazz, classical, and pop. I like to listen to podcasts and audiobooks on the go too. When I listen I like to "see" into the music, and hear the layers of music. Some might say I like to analyze the music, and search for nuances and depth. I like clarity and detail, and I like the bass tight but not heavy.

I'm coming from JVC Marshmallows which sound muddy and closed even after mods, Sennheiser HD595 which has a great soundstage and detail, but lacks body in the lower end. I also have the Koss KSC75, Sennheiser PX100 v1, and Grado SR60. To tell the truth there hasn't been a headphone/earphone in my collection that I am completely satisfied with. My preference would probably be the sound signature of the HD595 over the PX100 and some of the sparkle in the treble of the KSC75.

My source will mainly be a rockboxed Sansa Fuze. I wonder if my listening tastes will compliment more with the RE0 or the Sunrise? My budget is sub $100.

IMO the Xcape puts the hurt on the 555/595.  I like mine w/ good power from my DACPort or Arrow though but since both IEMs you are looking at like a bit more juice I have no problem recommending the Xcape v.1.  Not sure if you can get the v.1 anymore though and I hear the v.2 is a different signature altogether.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #38 of 44
I have the RE0, also Turbine and TF10. RE0 is what I call neutral for the SQ and what it means was it doesn't really put emphasis on high/mid/bass. I still do listening to it quite a bit and I turn the volume a bit higher to get a more powerful sound and high/mid/bass are balance overall. Turbine is cool but the bass can be tiring for long hour listening but I must say they are good. TF10 is technically better in all aspect. Then, like any audio different DAP pair with different earphone will produce different quality thats why some people like to EQ their music so much. In fact, I think once we listen to a pair of earphone for sometime we actually get use to the sound unless they are doing something real wrong if it is not because the special price on Turbine/UF10 I wouldn't mind the RE0 at all. Sunrise as people discribe should be close to RE0 and some said they are better. But our ears are all different, some said SoundMagic PL50 is very good and I just heard someone said it was the worst earphone he has ever heard. The secret is, 1 is never enough it is like toy when we were young :D

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #40 of 44
I've been looking at the Xcape earphones, but I'm curious if they would be best suited for me based on my music tastes and prior headphone experience.

I have Sennheiser 555s and I love them to death, they're really well balanced, and if these are balanced in the same way that would be awesome.

I listen to a lot of metal, a lot of electronic, some classical, progressive rock, neo-folk, etc, so a variety of stuff. Those sorts of jack-of-all-trade phones work well for me.

I'm willing to spend $80, so I'm looking at these and the RE0s and any other that might be a good choice with my tastes in mind.

Ideas?

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #41 of 44

Quote:
I've been looking at the Xcape earphones, but I'm curious if they would be best suited for me based on my music tastes and prior headphone experience.

I have Sennheiser 555s and I love them to death, they're really well balanced, and if these are balanced in the same way that would be awesome.

I listen to a lot of metal, a lot of electronic, some classical, progressive rock, neo-folk, etc, so a variety of stuff. Those sorts of jack-of-all-trade phones work well for me.

I'm willing to spend $80, so I'm looking at these and the RE0s and any other that might be a good choice with my tastes in mind.

Ideas?

RE0 is much more bass light than the 555.  The v.1 Xcape is much better than the HD555 IMO especially amped.  The problem is finding one.  The v.2 Xcape is still an unknown.  You might consider the REZero as well.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #43 of 44
They both sound great, but are very different sound signatures. If you want warmer and "bassier" get the Xcape IE, and if you want brighter and less warm then get the Xcited.

I'd say you should read mark2410's reviews on both and judge on that and Joker's, and ClieOS's reviews. I think they agree and have a good few points.

I got both my pairs from Frogbeats and I've been pretty **** happy with them. I mostly use the Xcited due to it sounding less warm and I prefer the signature of it, but you might prefer the Xcape IE if you want a bit more bass.

Good luck!
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #44 of 44
Thanks, I've read both the reviews and asked Joker some things about Sunrise's IEM. I've chosen to buy the IE edition, as it sounds warmer and more bassier than the Xcited. However, my first pick would've been the Xcape v.1 edition, due to it having less microphonics but I just can't find anyone that (still) sells the Xcape v.1 edition. :frowning2:
(OK, bugdenaudio sells them but I don't trust the custommer support)

Guess I'll just have to live with it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back