RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Feb 25, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #3,316 of 3,674
836BB7E2-8C7B-4616-9B99-9FD344A6E539.jpeg

The Belonozhko lineup - 64A x @doctorjuggles and FiR x @Eric Chong‘s ET.

Only missing a Neon 4 coupled with something spicy from Eric to complete the top row…

The pairing between the Aeneid, Xe6 and LPGT Ti is the one that caught me most unprepared. The Xe6 is very naturally warm, the Ti balances that with a fat injection of brightness and bass control and speed, while the Aeneid takes the dynamics to a level I haven’t experienced before, while also stretching the stage and giving the vocals a more natural quality - my initial experience of that lower midrange “bloat” is gone entirely in this setup, and while you can argue that a 2400$ cable and a 3600$ DAP are some massive band aids, in this case the synergy between the three has delivered what is quite possibly the best portable experience I’ve had. Guess three wrongs can make a right?
😍😍😍

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #3,317 of 3,674
Is that a Purple Heart wood faceplate on the KR5? Do you have more photos of those from different angles?

That's a really pretty design. I'm personally undecided between walnut burl and redwood with that transparent green shell but I'll wait until I can demo them at my IEM dealer of choice.

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #3,318 of 3,674
Is that a Purple Heart wood faceplate on the KR5? Do you have more photos of those from different angles?

That's a really pretty design. I'm personally undecided between walnut burl and redwood with that transparent green shell but I'll wait until I can demo them at my IEM dealer of choice.
Purple Heart aye - would recommend something lighter though since it’s quite dark and it almost disappears into the dark green shell. You can find plenty of pics on my IG (also mvvRAZ and public), otherwise will post some later :)

Edit: here’s that photo but unfiltered for a better idea and another from a few weeks back:

939C8F19-B3F2-443E-975F-25902B81FAD3.jpeg

18DD1D6D-A3CB-4F5E-8EC3-9889D2BEB55D.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #3,319 of 3,674
Purple Heart aye - would recommend something lighter though since it’s quite dark and it almost disappears into the dark green shell. You can find plenty of pics on my IG (also mvvRAZ and public), otherwise will post some later :)
I’ve been trying to see what the Purple Heart faceplate looks like on Fir’s IG, couldn’t see a nice clear big photo of it. I think you may be the only one with it. Went to your IG but I can’t see the colour very well. Could you kindly post some photos here later? Thanks!

Edit: thank you for the photos. The colour’s really quite dark, hmm I think not quite for me

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #3,322 of 3,674
Nice, but I may have bit the bullet and ordered the 1st two for my collection :D Only if the EU dealers get their stock now.
First two as in Neon and Krypton? Or 5 and 6?

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #3,324 of 3,674
LPGT Ti Impressions post

It took me a while to decide what I want to really say about the LPGT Ti - at 3600$ it is in a very particular DAP price bracket, where it has relatively few direct competitors - only ones I've tried would probably be the SP2000, the LPGT and the P6 Pro. I thought the SP2000 was terrible, the P6P too dark, LPGT just right but ended up going for the PAW6000 as daily, so really this will be a post just on the LPGT Ti without as much comparison.

The LPGT Ti is well, bright. There's no getting around that, the original LPGT was my golden standard for neutrality, the PAW6000 I'd place as neutral with a hint of decay and warmth for a little more enjoyability, and then there's the Ti which is like a cold, relentless winter. No decay, relatively little bass, loads of upper treble, a fair bit of upper midrange forwardness - it's saved by the fact that it's also the most technical DAP I've tried, with massive soundstage expansion in all directions and detail for days (through both tuning and dynamics).

While "bright" would be my one word TLDR, this isn't to be mistaken with harsh Imo - at no point does the LPGT Ti push any of my IEMs close to sibilance the same way the OG LPGT would dodge all lower treble peaks. Vocals, while forward, are never shouty or harsh either (at least from my IEMs, but those tend to be pretty upper-mid relaxed as is), so while it definitely is a treble-head territory DAP, I don't think Lotoo have gone overboard on the brightness in the tuning. It's also worth noting that the 3.5 is almost identical to the OG LPGT in tuning from memory, so if you have access to a pigtail/adapter you can go for the more treble-relaxed output depending on preference.

The soundstage on it is truly remarkable, and I've never heard anything like it compared to any DAP I've tried. Listening to the Kr5 off the LPGT Ti regularly makes me look around me because the sounds come from so far away I get surprised it's actually the IEMs. That effect is further boosted by the top-tier separation and pitch-black background.

On the negatives - really just the bass imo. The brightness is more of a tuning choice that won't agree with a lot of people, but its execution is flawless - I am however missing a little bass impact as a more "objective" complaint. The low end suckout works really well with something like the Xe6 which has heavy impact as is, and I can imagine it being an excellent pairing with something like the Thummim too, almost as a band aid - paired with the Kr5 however, the result is just too bass light - it works well with some genres, and I often use them together, but the pairing just doesn't feel optimal all around.

The LPGT Ti does get a recommendation from me, but a cautious one. If you're someone like me that heavily values technical ability over musicality, comfortable recommendation - there's also a certain pride and comfort in ownership - the build quality is outrageous, and Lotoo DAPs never really get outdated - the LPGT has been around pretty much since I've been in the hobby and it's still relevant to say the least, and AFAIK there won't be any TOTL DAP release for a while still. I spam Hanako regularly asking for new releases since I've owned the LPGT 3 times, the Ti once and the PAW6000 twice, as well as maybe 4 PAW S1s, but I'm more glad than anything that when they release something I know it's going to be current for more than 4 months (looking at you iBasso, Hiby, FiiO, Shanling etc etc)

The other situation where the LPGT Ti gets a more universal recommendation from me is if your collection is already based on warm IEMs - the pairing with the Xe6 and Aeneid is straight up phenomenal, and quite possibly the most balanced and refined portable sound I've ever experienced. The combination of the brightness of the Ti and the excessive warmth of the Xe6 just accomplishes a perfect middle ground.

Lotoo fanboyism to be continued <3

95F6754D-AF83-4A73-8485-7F0D03A4BCC7.JPG

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #3,326 of 3,674
I think I may have to get a warm lush DAP like RS6 for the KR5 too.
Lemme know how it goes! I'm looking for something bassier for the Kr5, the MHA150 is insane with it but need something portable that does the job

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #3,328 of 3,674
Yep, so far the stock is lacking in the EU side due to supply issues I hear, should be mid-March I hope now!!

Speaking of mid-March, I'm so tempted by that new LE Thummim, the fit is pretty bad for me but would like to get one just for old times sake if nothing else... 1266TC needs to sell first though :/

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #3,330 of 3,674
What is this LE Thummim now, got more info?
2 extra BA drivers and 5 way crossover instead of 4 way - more clarity and even bigger stage apparently. And those chrome shells are stupid pretty, I need it D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back