Ray Samuels Audio -> "The Tomahawk"
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #46 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Mike...
The US Rep, of the manufacturer of those mini connectors, approched me with those new connectors, they are very well made. Gold contacts & very small, size wise, they do look different, but they work great. After a lot of tests I decided to go with them.
I am working on the detail of the "Tomohawk" with pictures of the rear panel of the amp & it's gain switch. They will be posted in the manufacturers sponsored thread, please
wait until I get every thing togather & post all the info in that new thread.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Excellent! I look forward to more info!

[size=xx-small](yay! gain switch!)[/size]

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #47 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Ray hasn't started any threads about the Tomahawk up until now.

I think Romanee's explanation of what has occurred in terms of the 2 thread that he had started is an accurate description.

My mistake Ray actually posted a link to his Tomahawk in his post that got deleted.

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #48 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
What about the cell phone that Ben Stiller used? It was smaller than a Wheat Thin
rs1smile.gif

about the size of zoolander's brain, eh?
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #49 of 310
Ray - those are some really LLLLLOOONNNNNGGGG stems on the UE10s in the Tomahawk picture. You must get some killer isolation with them.

Is it fair to say that you voiced the Tomahawk using the UE10s?

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #50 of 310
In my instantly dead thread I mentioned the "RS" engraving on the IEMs in the photo. The thread disappeared too quickly for Ray to read and respond to questions about who did the engraving.

In the Westone ES2 appreciation thread, there's a link to inears.com that engraved some ES2s:

inears.com - ES Lasermark

Click the UK (English) flag > Products > In Ear Monitors > ES Lasermark.

That's one laser engraver, anyway -- though they may only engrave designs on ES2 IEMs.

Ray -- any comment on the design on your IEMs? (Are those ES2s or ...?)

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #52 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
In my instantly dead thread I mentioned the "RS" engraving on the IEMs in the photo. The thread disappeared too quickly for Ray to read and respond to questions about who did the engraving.

In the Westone ES2 appreciation thread, there's a link to inears.com that engraved some ES2s:

inears.com - ES Lasermark

Click the UK (English) flag > Products > In Ear Monitors > ES Lasermark.

That's one laser engraver, anyway -- though they may only engrave designs on ES2 IEMs.

Ray -- any comment on the design on your IEMs? (Are those ES2s or ...?)

They are custom UE-10, done by the real crew at the Ultimate Ears, they offered to tatoo the Emmeline logo into the molding & that was a real nice offer. They included "RS" on the back side too.
Ray Samuels

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #53 of 310
Quote:

They are custom UE-10, done by the real crew at the Ultimate Ears, they offered to tatoo the Emmeline logo into the molding & that was a real nice offer. They included "RS" on the back side too.
Ray Samuels

Great! Nice phones -- nice looking phones -- nice offer -- nice "tattoo".

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #54 of 310
O.T.-

Hey Filburt. Is it just me, or is it that every chance you get, you try your darndest to dump on a Ray Samuels product?

Nevermind, don't bother answering. It's clearly obvious.

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #55 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
O.T.-

Hey Filburt. Is it just me, or is it that every chance you get, you try your darndest to dump on a Ray Samuels product?

Nevermind, don't bother answering. It's clearly obvious.

now that you mention it...

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #56 of 310
I agree with Filburt. It looks smaller, but nowhere near as much as everybody is boasting about. It looks like it's only ~80% smaller (Compared to the claims that it's half the size of the Hornet). Still interesting to see another high-end portable amp though (That makes a lot of option, especially just from RSA! SR-71, Hornet, XP7, Tomahawk...).

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #57 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Great! Nice phones -- nice looking phones -- nice offer -- nice "tattoo".

That & the PRII, Are the best looking portable amps I have seen.. Love the white look & the artistic design..But I'm more intersted in the HR amp..
k1000smile.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #58 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundaudio
Is Tomahawk is the entry level of Ray Heahphone amp after SR-71 & Hornet ?? Hopefully the price is lower then Hornet & affordable !!
rs1smile.gif

Interesting perspective. I don't think "entry level" is the right term. It's kind of an off-to-the-side product, since it is designed for and dedicated to IEMs - those extremely sensitive devices with which the usual portable amps offer a very tiny latitude of volume to work with, and some even hiss!! Oh my!

I haven't heard it yet, but I'll have my Westone ES2 IEMs at the Nov. 4 NYC area meet and will most definitely given them a flyby with the Tomahawk. Perhaps Ray will have details available by then.

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #59 of 310
Quote:

Ray Samuels

Ray, you never cease to amaze me! You let the folks at Ultimate Ears tattoo "RS" on your back side? R on the left cheek and S on the right?
blink.gif
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #60 of 310
Well I cant wait to find out more info. See if I need to replace this bloated Hornet junk.
wink.gif

I've loved using my Hornet daily at work with my UM2s and at home with my DT990.

CURSE YOU RAY SAMUELS!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back