Ray Samuels Audio -> "The Tomahawk"
Oct 26, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #16 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
Romanee. Ok, then I understand why both of your threads vanished!
I am not affiliated with Ray Samuels Audio either, so I hope this thread would be allowed to stay. At least after I removed the image...

Yeah. I hope this one stays. I looked at the PDF I saved of mine and I don't really see why it was perceived as a vendor promo, except perhaps due to the pics I lifted from Ray's site, which seems to be a no-no. It looked like this one, but with a row of smiley emoticons at the bottom (and and an apology to Scrypt for using them -- he has low regard for their use). Keep your fingers crossed.

Maybe this one will stay, since there's at least one post (so far) by a member who heard the amp -- artears.

Thanks for posting, artears.

I think there's at least one more member who's had hands on, but Nov. 4 will be here soon enough.

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #17 of 310
Quote:

6 weeks, at 10 hours, of listening, A DAY from 2 AAA batteries, at resolution you can never imagine.

i just re-read this and ray is claiming that the battery life is 24 hours from 2 AAA batteries right? i kinda don't understand what he's trying to say here... 10 hours of listening a day to test the tomahawk? man that's alot of listening! i gotta give it up to him for that.

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
i just re-read this and ray is claiming that the battery life is 24 hours from 2 AAA batteries right?

I take it this way:
6 (weeks) x 7 (days in a week) x 10 (hours a day) = 420 hours (battery life on 2 AAA batteries)

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
i just re-read this and ray is claiming that the battery life is 24 hours from 2 AAA batteries right? i kinda don't understand what he's trying to say here... 10 hours of listening a day to test the tomahawk? man that's alot of listening! i gotta give it up to him for that.

Isn't he saying 420 hours.

Edited: Looks like someone posted first.

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #20 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
I take it this way:
6 (weeks) x 7 (days in a week) x 10 (hours a day) = 420 hours (battery life on 2 AAA batteries)

That was my take on it, but it's all surmise since none of us has yet had hands on to test it.

Patience, patience (...nah, fuggedaboud patience...)

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #21 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
I looked at the PDF I saved of mine and I don't really see why it was perceived as a vendor promo, except perhaps due to the pics I lifted from Ray's site, which seems to be a no-no.

Posts like that are deleted pretty quickly. If Ray wants to publicize pictures of a new amp, he can do (and is prob in the process of doing) it in a sponsored thread.

Best,

-Jason

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #22 of 310
Romanee don’t stress. You’re just a friend and fan that really likes Ray’s products and I personally don’t see the need for you or anyone for that matter in such a position to provide a disclaimer or explanation.

The Tomahawk is a cool looking and extremely small IEM amp. When I saw it at the So Cal meet, I got excited about it too. And I thought it sounded pretty good for a portable amp during the very brief time I spent with it.

Can someone tell me what's up with the Tomahawk's jacks? Rubber rings and weirdly bent somewhat circular brass looking things. It looks like Ray’s got another hot product on his hands.

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Posts like that are deleted pretty quickly. If Ray wants to publicize pictures of a new amp, he can do (and is prob in the process of doing) it in a sponsored thread.

Best,

-Jason

I believe he tried, but Ray's Tomahawk thread vanished too.

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #24 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909

Jude must want them all to himself
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #25 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909

Ray had a Tomahawk thread that was deleted?

Best,

-Jason

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #26 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Ray had a Tomahawk thread that was deleted?

Best,

-Jason

yeah, doesn't make sense that a sponsored Mall-fi thread would be deleted, since those threads cost cashola to post up, right?

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #27 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yeah, doesn't make sense that a sponsored Mall-fi thread would be deleted, since those threads cost cashola to post up, right?

A lot of stuff happens that doesn't make sense. I never said it was posted in the Mall-Fi forum. Possibly I am mistaken since a lot of these tomahawk threads have been killed.

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #28 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
The Tomahawk is a cool looking and extremely small IEM amp. When I saw it at the So Cal meet, I got excited about it too. And I thought it sounded pretty good for a portable amp during the very brief time I spent with it.

I had a brief listen to it there too. It sounded very nice. I wish that I could have compared it to the Rockhopper Pimeta that I had but didn't have the time.

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #29 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
A lot of stuff happens that doesn't make sense. I never said it was posted in the Mall-Fi forum. Possibly I am mistaken since a lot of these tomahawk threads have been killed.

Ray Samuels posted a non-Mall-Fi (and presumably also non-MOT Sponsored) Tomahawk thread??

I'd hope that gets killed.

Best,

-Jason

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #30 of 310
Ray hasn't started any threads about the Tomahawk up until now.

I think Romanee's explanation of what has occurred in terms of the 2 thread that he had started is an accurate description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back