Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 2, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #4,264 of 24,669
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somebody probably dies.

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #4,265 of 24,669
Moon - 9/10.

Wow. Very nice. Pretty complicated storyline which I didn't really get until further on in the movie, nice music, overall a good film.

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #4,266 of 24,669
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I didn't like some of the creative license David Yates took in the previous one. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy Order of the Phoenix, and all-in-all it was a decent movie, but there were certain departures from the book and the previous movies that it could certainly have done without. For example, the dementors were ruined by an apparent desire to show entirely too much. Oh, and what's with everyone flying around in wisps of smoke?

However, despite the latter of these seemingly purely visually-motivated decisions again showing up quite prominently, Yates has pulled off a real winner with the Half-Blood Prince, IMO. It's dark and tense--while at times being quite funny--extremely well paced, superbly acted, and though it is forced to condense and simplify the story somewhat, possibly the most true to the book of any of the movies thus far. It also manages to handle certain pivotal (and delicate) moments with considerable grace. Not to mention it's visually stunning. I'd recommend it to any Harry Potter fan, and to anyone else who likes a good fantasy flick.

4/5 stars

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #4,268 of 24,669
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moon - 9/10.

Wow. Very nice. Pretty complicated storyline which I didn't really get until further on in the movie, nice music, overall a good film.

I still can't find a movie theater in Northeast Ohio that has the movie available. I guess I'll have to wait for the blu-ray
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #4,269 of 24,669
Tropa de Elite 10/10. Superb movie. Gonna have to get City of God later
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back