Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 31, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #4,246 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahome77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OldBoy - 8.5/10

Great movie and very nice unexpected twist in the end. The contents are a bit twisted though.

This is a good movie and representative of the active South Korean movie industry. Really well done.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #4,248 of 24,690
Funny People:
It could have been a movie but it was too long (146 minutes). The jokes were very funny and plentiful but the mix of serious/dramatic elements killed it for me. Adam Sandler's acting was good and it was definitely a deeper movie than the average comedy... which is the opposite of what I wanted. I wasn't expecting the movie to be so mature.

Overall: 5.5/10. If more of the seriousness was cut and the movie was shortened, it could easily have been an 8+ for me.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #4,249 of 24,690
I Saw funny people and It was fantastic, but a little long.

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #4,250 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys seen the whole trilogy where Oldboy is a part of?

Yes and all three are must sees. They are like Koreas Star Wars 4-6 or something. Old Boy is the one I liked best though.

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #4,251 of 24,690
Coraline 3D: 8/10.

Pretty. The 3D effect was subtle and didn't get in the way of things, but enhanced it nicely. It was like looking through a window. I liked the way it was told, but I thought it was a bit predictable.

Overall though, it was enjoyable. And everyone clapped at the end. And I swear I saw some people cosplaying as Coraline. Pretty sure this was the New Zealand premier or something.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #4,252 of 24,690
^ I've wondered about the 3D on that; haven't even tried my BD version yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Saw funny people and It was fantastic, but a little long.

A Judd Apatow film too long? Say it isn't so! From the previews, I gather it as a bit of a dark meta exercise.

For some reason, I had never seen A Bridge Too Far, so yeah, 6/10. It was an ambitious son o' gun. The parachute drop scenes were exemplary, the finest ever depicted, though many Band of Brothers' fans would probably disagree.

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #4,253 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason, I had never seen A Bridge Too Far, so yeah, 6/10. It was an ambitious son o' gun. The parachute drop scenes were exemplary, the finest ever depicted, though many Band of Brothers' fans would probably disagree.

I've never seen that either, should I? I probably should just because I haven't, nevermind it being a good movie or not
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #4,255 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys seen the whole trilogy where Oldboy is a part of?

Nope, only seen Old Boy and I really liked it. What are the others called?

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #4,256 of 24,690
lady vengeance. Forgot the name on the first. Just use imdb.com you will find it
smily_headphones1.gif

As for last movie The Wrestler 9/10... Doesn´t even look like Mickey Rourke is acting just playing himself lol

Aug 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #4,257 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen that either, should I?

Absolutely, if only to see James Caan, Michael Cain, Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, Gene Hackman, Robert Redford, Elliot Gould, Ryan O'Neil...etc, etc. The darn think is a who's who's from the era.

<SpOiLeR>plus it details the infamous Operation Market Garden - perhaps the most spectacular allied failure post German advance.</SpOiLeR>

/Edit: figured I better add a spoiler in case there are some whose WWII history is rusty.

Aug 2, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #4,259 of 24,690
Tell No One 8/10. I really enjoyed the movie, though some parts were slow, but that is expected since there's gotta be some plot development.

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #4,260 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A Judd Apatow film too long? Say it isn't so! From the previews, I gather it as a bit of a dark meta exercise.

Yea, but I found the lesson surprisingly relevant for today, too many people blame their unhappiness on things that happen to them and not them self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back