Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #22,216 of 24,640
8-10
1C2DC580-24A7-4716-A03A-95D8D69A88F3.jpeg

May 10, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #22,219 of 24,640
Endgame is sort of a better movie than Infinity War IMO, but they naturally keep pissing all over Thanos and the real power of the stones(having just one is a really big deal!!!!!). once again, as a very big fan of the original comic books, I hate how they ruined that amazing story, and want to rate the all thing at 3/10 because the scenario is crap. I don't say that only as a fan TBH, it's absolute nonsensical garbage with more plot holes than any movie I can think about right now, and I count Transformer and Fast&Furious franchises. what really kills me is how they had a perfectly good scenario available from the start. no copyright issues, no big money to give to some book writer, it's all in house Marvel salsa served on a platter in the very books they read to get the inspiration in the first place!!!!!! What happened?

so to those who haven't seen it, it's a great movie(many aspects of it are very well done), so long as you are able to completely shut down your ability for critical thinking for a few hours. booze or weed(if it's legal, etc), might really help enjoy this movie. but not a lot or you'll just sleep and wake up with neck pain(it's a long movie).

May 11, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #22,220 of 24,640

Attachments

• 7D949396-7819-452C-B3EE-B99A28BD78CA.jpeg
    7D949396-7819-452C-B3EE-B99A28BD78CA.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #22,221 of 24,640
Endgame is sort of a better movie than Infinity War IMO, but they naturally keep pissing all over Thanos and the real power of the stones(having just one is a really big deal!!!!!). once again, as a very big fan of the original comic books, I hate how they ruined that amazing story, and want to rate the all thing at 3/10 because the scenario is ****. I don't say that only as a fan TBH, it's absolute nonsensical garbage with more plot holes than any movie I can think about right now, and I count Transformer and Fast&Furious franchises. what really kills me is how they had a perfectly good scenario available from the start. no copyright issues, no big money to give to some book writer, it's all in house Marvel salsa served on a platter in the very books they read to get the inspiration in the first place!!!!!! What happened?

so to those who haven't seen it, it's a great movie(many aspects of it are very well done), so long as you are able to completely shut down your ability for critical thinking for a few hours. booze or weed(if it's legal, etc), might really help enjoy this movie. but not a lot or you'll just sleep and wake up with neck pain(it's a long movie).

The problem with that hole of a film is the only character of any interest is Nebula and she gets underserved while they are busy trying to set the whole Avengers thing up for some kind of reboot. Captain Marvel is ludicrous , The script was written by highschoolers over lunch on a Big Mac wrapper and they failed to kill of enough of the Avengers.

Next time I am even remotely tempted to go down Avengers avenue it will be to dig up the Brit series with Macnee and Diana Rigg.

May 19, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #22,223 of 24,640
It was greatly improved than I anticipated that it would be. By and by, Josh Hartnett was just average. Whatever remains of the acting (the people, in any event) was surprisingly more dreadful. What made the motion picture great was the vampires! I can't recall the last film I saw that was this suspensful! citrus manga Without a doubt, it's not the sort of tension that resembles "what will occur straightaway?" since you recognize what will occur straightaway; someone's gettin' their neck tore open. Be that as it may, it was extremely thrilling, in any case. I'd prescribe seeing it in case you're a devotee of current vampire motion pictures.
I'm one to love horror movies but I really hate jump scare, so I get what you mean.

May 27, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #22,224 of 24,640
not a movie but the Chernobyl HBO TV series is something you guys should check if you haven't started already. not much to expect in term of sex scenes and dragons in this one, but a ballsy challenge to try and treat such a dramatic subject as a TV show. and so far, I think it's done brilliantly. the shame, the bureaucracy, the true courage of man, it's all there.

May 27, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #22,225 of 24,640
10 Cloverfield Lane: I give it 10 out of 10.

May 27, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #22,226 of 24,640
not a movie but the Chernobyl HBO TV series is something you guys should check if you haven't started already. not much to expect in term of sex scenes and dragons in this one, but a ballsy challenge to try and treat such a dramatic subject as a TV show. and so far, I think it's done brilliantly. the shame, the bureaucracy, the true courage of man, it's all there.

It's very good for sure, easily one of the best tv-shows in recent years. I'm actually starting to work at a nuclear power plant in a couple of weeks, so it's been an interesting show in that regard, too.

May 27, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #22,227 of 24,640
It's very good for sure, easily one of the best tv-shows in recent years. I'm actually starting to work at a nuclear power plant in a couple of weeks, so it's been an interesting show in that regard, too.

I'm sure you'll have a much different experience working in a modern facility (and also in an area that had the first doses in "the free world" during Chernobyl). There's also some really good podcasts HBO has been introducing on Youtube (that's also in the special features on their streaming, and a series from NPR). It's interesting to hear the film maker's take on why they included fictionalized characters. It'll be interesting to see if they show how the plant continued to operate after the accident. I think another thing that's interesting is that we don't often hear that there was a partial meltdown with one of the other reactors before this accident (perhaps it wasn't in the conscious since it didn't have far reaching radiation going to the "West" the way this accident did). The series (at least the point I've seen) doesn't go over the events leading to the accident (perhaps to emphasize the aftermath of a silent killer).

Still, some of the themes may be universal that any society would face: chain of events that show how safeguards aren't in place...politicians in complete denial (I thought especially telling, how they first randomly picked 30KM as a "safe" protected zone). They also had wishful thinking about adhering to any radiation number that was lower (many other examples of governments thinking this way).

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #22,228 of 24,640
08F63E07-3EE6-4D1B-B4FB-8643A7430258.jpeg

Drunk Parents

8-10

“Strangely romantic?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back