Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,381 of 6,675
Yes it is, I believe it might be SaoMai branded but that's just a feeling....
Cool, interested to hear if its any good.

On another note - please excuse me if this was answered already, but I was wondering if ES100 can drive 2 pairs of headphones at hte same time, you know if I want to share quiet film with missus.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #4,382 of 6,675
Cool, interested to hear if its any good.

On another note - please excuse me if this was answered already, but I was wondering if ES100 can drive 2 pairs of headphones at hte same time, you know if I want to share quiet film with missus.
I have used mine with two pairs of Sennheiser HD25 via Y-splitter from 3,5mm with no problem at all. That would be 75ohm x2.

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #4,384 of 6,675
image1-5.jpeg
image2-2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
Thought I share how I am carrying the ES100 around with me when traveling etc:

- Otterbox Pursuit 20 waterproof and shatter-proof case (they are discontinued but new ones can still be found on eBay)
- Tntor 2500 Mah, credit card sized ultra slim battery (Just got today, from Amazon UK, GBP 12)
- Paired with JH Audio TriFi IEMs (got these shipped from Hong Kong "Lets Go Audio" online store).
- Using SpinFit eartips (Amazon US).
- Reusable Silica gel to protect IEMs from long term humidity damage etc. From Amazon US.

Loving this setup. I am a bit OCD when it comes to protecting my grear from damage/scratches etc, and am happy with the setup I have.

On a related note, anyone knows the capacity of the ES100 battery? Just wondering how many times I can charge the ES100 with the 2500mah battery.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #4,388 of 6,675
Ok the first thing to dislike about the es100 for me: I had to use the app to switch between 3.5 and 2.5. Not a game breaker in anyway, but my other device (Hiby R3) doesn’t require me to fo anything

Apr 13, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #4,389 of 6,675
Ok the first thing to dislike about the es100 for me: I had to use the app to switch between 3.5 and 2.5. Not a game breaker in anyway, but my other device (Hiby R3) doesn’t require me to fo anything

I dont think you need to, unless you're changing the voltage for each output. I alternate between both with no fuss

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #4,390 of 6,675
It isn't necessary. Radsone says to make sure that nothing is playing while you plug/unplug cables. The lock option in the app is to prevent any problem in case you forget. I keep it unlocked and I just put the player on stop or pause while I switch between 3.5 and 2.5. I've been doing this for the past year without a problem.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #4,391 of 6,675
Why in the app you can only turn off the device but you can't turn it on there, as well ?
Is it a glitch or it's supposed to work like that? I'd like very much to avoid using that flimsy power button, it rattles and it doesn't look like will last very long with constant abuse.

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #4,392 of 6,675
Why in the app you can only turn off the device but you can't turn it on there, as well ?
Is it a glitch or it's supposed to work like that? I'd like very much to avoid using that flimsy power button, it rattles and it doesn't look like will last very long with constant abuse.

It is supposed to work like that. Because the moment you turn off the device, the bluetooth connection is also terminated (it is a full power off, and not a standby mode, so switched off the entire device) ; so there is no way to remotely control the device.

For me, the power button seems to have held up well, but I face constant struggle with getting it charged (there is some loose connection issue, and only with a certain forced placement, it charges).

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #4,393 of 6,675
It is supposed to work like that. Because the moment you turn off the device, the bluetooth connection is also terminated (it is a full power off, and not a standby mode, so switched off the entire device) ; so there is no way to remotely control the device.

For me, the power button seems to have held up well, but I face constant struggle with getting it charged (there is some loose connection issue, and only with a certain forced placement, it charges).
I foreseen charging problems, micro usb always caused me all kinds of problem. I can't wait for the 3rd gen. magnet cable delivery.

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #4,395 of 6,675

I think you should claim warranty as soon as possible, because with this seemingly small sooner or later your ES will stop charging one day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back