Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #2,568 of 6,675
Ages ago a number of people suggested finding a way to activate the phone's voice assistance through this device, it was dismissed I think because this device's purpose was audiophile and this maybe cheapened it's purpose, however I see others are entering the market now with this ability - lots of wireless headphones in particular.

I think it should be put back up as an option for the further down the road, Siri/Google/Alexa.

How relevant is this now?

Sep 9, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,569 of 6,675
Ages ago a number of people suggested finding a way to activate the phone's voice assistance through this device, it was dismissed I think because this device's purpose was audiophile and this maybe cheapened it's purpose, however I see others are entering the market now with this ability - lots of wireless headphones in particular.

I think it should be put back up as an option for the further down the road, Siri/Google/Alexa.

How relevant is this now?
Not for me.

Sep 9, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,570 of 6,675
They are high-resolution USB DAC, while ES100 is mainly a Bluetooth DAC. I think both SMSL idea and Sabaj da2 would provide the better sound quality than ES100, assuming the specification.
Hope this helps you.

I saw a review on Amazon where the guy said he thought the ES100 sounded better than even the Da3.

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #2,571 of 6,675
So ES100 would sound better than straight out of Note 9?

This review claims that ALL smartphones (S9+ is mentioned by name too) are outdone by the ES100 for sound quality and volume except the LG's Quad DAC phones (i.e. V10, V20, V30, V35, G6, G7). So I would say a DEFINITE YES! lol

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2,572 of 6,675
ES100 is cheaper !! No need to even think about built-in sound quality of your next phone so long as it does LDAC.

Just using the V30 is better for me as it has the great number of volume control/steps which even works if using my Sony Bluetooth remote. ES100 Another thing to charge

I can't agree. I don't think LDAC can outdo the performance that the ES100's TWO DACs can. That's just a codec, but these are hardware.

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #2,573 of 6,675
Thanks, I have a dilemma! The ES100 unbalanced out my Pixel 2 over LDAC or swap the Pixel for an V30 - both for use with my IE800's …….

This review claims that any of the recent LG phones with the Quad DAC (V10, V20, V30, V35, G6, G7) sound better than the ES100, but ALL other phones don't. So I would go with the LG V30, which I coincidentally have owned for almost a year now and ABSOLUTELY LOVE!! (Make sure to use "Enhanced" and "Sharp" in Quad DAC settings for best sound if you do get it. PM me for more info like best music app, etc.) But for any OTHER phone I would without hesitation buy the ES100. The pro reviews I've read claim it sounds AS GOOD as wired esp if you use LDAC.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #2,576 of 6,675
This review claims that any of the recent LG phones with the Quad DAC (V10, V20, V30, V35, G6, G7) sound better than the ES100, but ALL other phones don't. So I would go with the LG V30, which I coincidentally have owned for almost a year now and ABSOLUTELY LOVE!! (Make sure to use "Enhanced" and "Sharp" in Quad DAC settings for best sound if you do get it. PM me for more info like best music app, etc.) But for any OTHER phone I would without hesitation buy the ES100. The pro reviews I've read claim it sounds AS GOOD as wired esp if you use LDAC.
I pair my ES100 with single dac LG G6 over Ldac and it sounds amazingly detailed accurate and flat, awesome portable combo.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #2,577 of 6,675
Can someone help me updating the firmware for my earstudio?

I cannot figure out how to put the device in DPU mode? I have followed the directions completely, but when I run the firmware update program, I get an error message: no connected devices found even though the device is listed in my device list on my computer. Please help!

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #2,578 of 6,675
I cannot figure out how to put the device in DPU mode? I have followed the directions completely, but when I run the firmware update program, I get an error message: no connected devices found even though the device is listed in my device list on my computer. Please help!
Does the LED turn off, indicating DFU mode? Make sure that you keep the power button pressed and held down while you connect the USB cable.

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #2,579 of 6,675
I pair my ES100 with single dac LG G6 over Ldac and it sounds amazingly detailed accurate and flat, awesome portable combo.

Yeah you're doin' it right then! The single-DAC LG G6 (aka U.S. version) didn't come with the Quad DAC built into it like the int'l version did, so in your case, the ES100 would be the best way to get high quality audio.

Very cool! Yes I'd just found about the ES100, and am definitely interested in buying it for my next phone IF it's not an LG. I think it's awesome that it comes with TWO DACs for only $99, and from what I'd read sounds better than the Sabaj Da3, which is also great but I'd talk to ppl on here who said the Da3 sounds better than the AudioQuest DragonFly Red. So if that's true, and this outdoes the Da3, then the ES100 is the new GO-TO amp/DAC IMO.

So do you think with firm updates Radsone can upgrade the ES100 to handle AptX Adaptive when it comes out next year?? That would ROCK if they did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back