Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 5, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #2,506 of 6,675
Just re-confirming ,in case anyone mis-read the Radsone Message, that the following items will likely not be in the soon to be released firmware update. But they are the "Roadmap"/Plan for future Firmware Improvements.

Also, the F/W update roadmap (plan) would be:
- 10-band PEQ support
- ES100 Button mapping option
- Auto reconnect when charger connected (optional)
When you leave ES100 with your phone while charing ES100 at the desk, the connecting would be lost,
and when you get back, ES100 would reconnect to your phone automatically.
Currently, 3 minute after connection loss, ES100 would be off."

Great Job by Radsone and Mr Lee !

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #2,507 of 6,675
As a Mac user who had to struggle through the last firmware update (although kudos to Radstone for a better instruction set), I wish they'd make the whole process easier. It would be fantastic if you could update the firmware from the app -- I have several other accessories that can do that, so it can't be that difficult. Even the Windows instructions seem like a PITA.

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #2,508 of 6,675
Proud new ES100 owner here and couldn't be happier. All of my DAPs are living in fear now :grin:

Sep 5, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #2,509 of 6,675
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #2,512 of 6,675
It really boils down to usage and standards. If you want a device primarily for streaming Bluetooth then the ES100 would be the better choice because it supports higher quality codecs i.e. aptX HD and LDAC. The AP80 has only regular aptX, which is still pretty good IMO but may not satisfy you, depending on how demanding you are re audio quality.
Hello, I understand you perfect, because of this you are telling me I was thinking of buying a DAC / AMP for phone but I was thinking, that you have to go connected to the phone and if I left home it becomes very uncomfortable because it has to be fine stuck and all in one pocket.
And with the DAP the same thing does not happen but I would have to buy a micro sd separately and it is $ 50 extra ... it ends up being 150 onwards.
I think I'm going to buy this ES100, the only thing I need to ask is, does it have better audio quality than smartphones with dedicated audio chip for example LG V30?

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #2,513 of 6,675
Hello, I understand you perfect, because of this you are telling me I was thinking of buying a DAC / AMP for phone but I was thinking, that you have to go connected to the phone and if I left home it becomes very uncomfortable because it has to be fine stuck and all in one pocket.
And with the DAP the same thing does not happen but I would have to buy a micro sd separately and it is $ 50 extra ... it ends up being 150 onwards.
I think I'm going to buy this ES100, the only thing I need to ask is, does it have better audio quality than smartphones with dedicated audio chip for example LG V30?

What kind of sound do you like? What headphones do you have or plan to use?

If you like articulate, analytical, precise sound, get some expensive open back headphones and get a V30

If you like warm bass, velvet smooth treble, musicality and ease of use, get some quality IEMs or portable headphones and get the ES100.

or, get both.

Sep 6, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #2,514 of 6,675
Still getting a feel for mine, having bought one during the Amazon sale (got it Monday). I know it's no fault of the ES100 that I have to go into Dev Settings and select LDAC every time I connect, but that's seemingly my main gripe. Pairing was easy with my S9 Plus. I still get occasional dropouts walking around midtown NYC, especially with my phone in my pocket. I'm using them with the FiiO F9 Pro.

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #2,515 of 6,675
I've noticed an issue when my ES100 is paired with two phones at once. I usually listen to music from my private phone (Huawei Mate 10 pro) and have it paired with my work phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) to be able to take calls. As soon as I do anything on my work phone the sound stops for a few seconds and then resumes again. Especially annoying when listening to podcasts or audio books, every time I so much as touch my work phone I miss stuff and have to go back.
Apparently, your second phone makes short click noise and it's a nature of dual connected BT - it will pause your other phone playing to try to play first one.

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #2,516 of 6,675
Still getting a feel for mine, having bought one during the Amazon sale (got it Monday). I know it's no fault of the ES100 that I have to go into Dev Settings and select LDAC every time I connect, but that's seemingly my main gripe. Pairing was easy with my S9 Plus. I still get occasional dropouts walking around midtown NYC, especially with my phone in my pocket. I'm using them with the FiiO F9 Pro.
Go to BT device settings and choose LDAC, it will be on by default.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #2,517 of 6,675
Apparently, your second phone makes short click noise and it's a nature of dual connected BT - it will pause your other phone playing to try to play first one.

Doing things... like keyboard taps maybe? silence all actions on your work phone, or just try outright do not disturb.

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #2,518 of 6,675
I have to go into Dev Settings and select LDAC every time I connect

See my earlier post...

On Android 8 (Oreo), open the phone's Bluetooth settings. It will show a list of paired devices. Tap on the settings for EarStudio (gear icon). You should see a control to enable/disable LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back