Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #3,932 of 6,675
Was it in this thread that someone posted a link to a (YouTube) binaural recording that was supposed to show off an earphone’s capabilities? Can anyone provide a link??
Thanks.

On YouTube you can find quite some examples (don't think YouTube SQ is the best for this). Anyway, I use one album that can be found in TIDAL in case you have Tidal too

Screenshot_2019-01-25-18-53-16-988_com.aspiro.tidal.png

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #3,933 of 6,675
On YouTube you can find quite some examples (don't think YouTube SQ is the best for this). Anyway, I use one album that can be found in TIDAL in case you have Tidal too

thank you for this as well....I've been looking for a few days lol

very interesting test...according to this my high hearing tops out at 16khz

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #3,934 of 6,675
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #3,935 of 6,675
Oh, to be a young whipper snapper again!
as I'm quite new to the whole audio world. Is that a good or bad thing?...

Side question: anyone notice any difference between x1 and x2 voltage for 3.5mm? The app states x2 voltage as OI ~0.5Ohm. trying to decide which one to use for SE846. Wondering if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #3,936 of 6,675
Favorite part of the ES100 is being able to use it as a DAC/amp for my Dell XPS 13. The stock sound card on that laptop is horrendous. Always wanted to try out an Audioquest Dragonfly, but the ES100 kills two birds with one stone.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #3,937 of 6,675
as I'm quite new to the whole audio world. Is that a good or bad thing?...

If you can hear up to 16khz, that's a great thing!

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #3,938 of 6,675
Yeah while the es100 was an impressive upgrade to my Sony sbh50 Bluetooth receiver paired with my note 4 over apt x I didn't really hear what it was capable of until I paired it with an LG G6 with Oreo and the Ldac codec. I now have an LG G7 with the quad DAC and it sounds great directly wired but the es100s balanced output over Ldac slightly surpasses it
in space presence and micro details.
Apt x HD sounds good but I would pick Ldac over it easily.

Thanks for posting this, gave me an idea which I'm now researching.
I use an older Samsung S6 to stream to my es100, but it doesn't support LDAC or Apt HD with the currently installed Nougat. But looks like I can upgrade to my rooted phone to Oreo, hopefully will still work when I"m done lol

Randy

Jan 26, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #3,939 of 6,675
While picking up one of my kids at school yesterday another parent asked if the ES100 clipped to my shirt was a camera and was I filming!!

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #3,940 of 6,675
Favorite part of the ES100 is being able to use it as a DAC/amp for my Dell XPS 13. The stock sound card on that laptop is horrendous. Always wanted to try out an Audioquest Dragonfly, but the ES100 kills two birds with one stone.
Yes it does, but the ES100 can't really touch the dragobdly red on micro detail. That little thing is amazing. Still not my favorite poetablp, as that goes to my idi xDSD, but the note crispness of the DFR is special. ES100 is great Bluetooth audio, and I use it for workouts, or at work as my shifts are 12hrs and my xDSD tops out at 8. ES100 great little device, and I'm sad to say thatine was placed in washing machine. . Gonna give the Fiio BTR3 a listen as I use 32ohm max iem/cans.ci may be back though, if it doesn't suit me

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #3,942 of 6,675
Yes it does, but the ES100 can't really touch the dragobdly red on micro detail. That little thing is amazing. Still not my favorite poetablp, as that goes to my idi xDSD, but the note crispness of the DFR is special. ES100 is great Bluetooth audio, and I use it for workouts, or at work as my shifts are 12hrs and my xDSD tops out at 8. ES100 great little device, and I'm sad to say thatine was placed in washing machine. . Gonna give the Fiio BTR3 a listen as I use 32ohm max iem/cans.ci may be back though, if it doesn't suit me
You’re gonna be back to the ES100. Bet ya.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,943 of 6,675
You’re gonna be back to the ES100. Bet ya.
Lol. Enjoyed it, though it was the DAC that I used the least. Primarily for my runs and gym time. Since it's gone, I decided I would check out something else, since I have an opening. I've heard good things about the Fiio, and they are slowly opening up features in the app. I may be back. Definitely will have my eye out for info on ES200

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #3,944 of 6,675

I hadn't really looked at the Ifi xDSD before, but it does look nice. For portable use, I don't like having anything tethered by cable to my phone, which is why I like the ES100 so much (plus it is small and light and has a clip). I see that the xDSD also is a blutooth receiver. Do you use it as a blutooth receiver? And how do you carry it?

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #3,945 of 6,675
I hadn't really looked at the Ifi xDSD before, but it does look nice. For portable use, I don't like having anything tethered by cable to my phone, which is why I like the ES100 so much (plus it is small and light and has a clip). I see that the xDSD also is a blutooth receiver. Do you use it as a blutooth receiver? And how do you carry it?
I don't really use my phone as my music transport. My old Sony Z3 is bit perfect can USB with all apps, so it's a golden goose that keeps on giving. Look at my profilepictprof and that's tell xDSD 3m dual locked to the back of my Z3. At the same time I do uses the xDSD via Bluetooth to my phone for youtube, Netflix, etc. It sounds awesome for that stuff as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back