Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 15, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #3,826 of 6,675
Yes, I updated my post just before you responded, setting that mode will prevent you from using the device while charging. I hadn't noticed the behavior you describe but if that's what it does... strange. But even if powered on, since it is still connected to the charger does the internal battery discharge?

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #3,827 of 6,675
Correct me if I'm wrong - this means that if I start charging while using it (in BT mode) it will power off, that's fairly inconvenient.
What I asked for is a standard behaviour of 99.9% devices out there. If I switch it off keep it switched off, even if I plug it in to charge and/or when it finishes charging, If I wanted it to be switched on, I'd keep it switched on.
this is why I think an option to turn off/on/stay on at full charge is a good addition. I put mine in a battery case and after it fully charge, it stays on and drain battery

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #3,828 of 6,675
I am thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing the ES100 to mate with my new FiiO Fa7 earphones. One guy on here used the ES100 to tone down the bass and bump up the mids a bit. So, I shall try this too, although I hate having long wires on a wireless set-up..lol Has anyone done this already?

Where can I get a good quality - short - MMCX cable?

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #3,829 of 6,675
I am thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing the ES100 to mate with my new FiiO Fa7 earphones. One guy on here used the ES100 to tone down the bass and bump up the mids a bit. So, I shall try this too, although I hate having long wires on a wireless set-up..lol Has anyone done this already?

Where can I get a good quality - short - MMCX cable?

Thanks!
VEClan.com...customize your own cable there

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #3,830 of 6,675
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #3,831 of 6,675
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #3,832 of 6,675
I have this cable but after some time it becomes harden. Now use **** 8 core copper...it's a tad long.

Might just order from VE

If you use it (or any cable for that matter) over the ear, better to add an ear guide as sweat will harden any plastic / rubber over time. Alternatively heat shrink also help.

Just checked on VE site - but it only gives a 1.2m option? Maybe I missed something or perhaps it needs to be order manually.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #3,833 of 6,675
If you use it (or any cable for that matter) over the ear, better to add an ear guide as sweat will harden any plastic / rubber over time. Alternatively heat shrink also help.

Just checked on VE site - but it only gives a 1.2m option? Maybe I missed something or perhaps it needs to be order manually.
I only found out that choosing MMCX machine will only give long cables. MMCX hand terminated has a 2ft

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #3,834 of 6,675
What I asked for is a standard behaviour of 99.9% devices out there. If I switch it off keep it switched off, even if I plug it in to charge and/or when it finishes charging, If I wanted it to be switched on, I'd keep it switched on.

I just checked and my ES100 (running current firmware 2.0.2) stays off when charge is complete. I plugged in the charger, turned off the unit (flashing LED stopped and I observed a steady red circle LED, indicating charging) and left it to fully charge.When it was fully charged the steady red circle changed to steady green and the unit remained off, just like the standard behavior you expected. Is yours doing something different?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #3,835 of 6,675

You have to ask(comment) for the cable lenght

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #3,836 of 6,675
Yeah, looks like the shortest from VE is 2ft. Thought they did shorter. Maybe, shoot @alpha421, who runs Triton Audio Cables, a PM and see if he can do a custome short cable.

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #3,837 of 6,675
Forzaaudioworks.com can do cables any length you want at high quality and reasonable prices. They made me cables to use with my ES100 and my K10c/Shure SE215 at 40cm which was perfect for my usage.

If you PM @Matez he can sort you out.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #3,838 of 6,675
I only found out that choosing MMCX machine will only give long cables. MMCX hand terminated has a 2ft

You have to ask(comment) for the cable lenght

Thanks for the clarification. Will be good for future reference as I have already built my own balanced cable for ES100.

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #3,840 of 6,675
Thanks for the info everyone. However, can anyone here recommend anyone in the US who can create a decent SHORT MMCX cable?
See my post above, Alpha is located in the Seattle area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back