Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 12, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #3,796 of 6,675
I really wish my es100 would have worked out. I was trying to use it for video and couldn't get past the lip sync delay. If only it had the apt x ll codec. I did enjoy all the features in the app.
Using LDAC I don't believe I encountered any delays, I usually notice that kind of stuff

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #3,797 of 6,675
Using LDAC I don't believe I encountered any delays, I usually notice that kind of stuff

Same here. I noticed it only first time I used it with my Samsung TV. When I turned off and on ES100, there were no delays and, since then, a couple of times more working like a charm.

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #3,798 of 6,675
Maybe it was what I was trying to do with it. I have a bluetooth transmitter to watch TV late at night. I was pairing the earstudio with that to drive my headphones. Sometimes the delay was as bad as 3 seconds. For Music, this would be OK, but watching any movies seemed challenging.

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #3,799 of 6,675
@wslee I don't suppose we'll see a slightly larger device with longer battery life at some point? All of these BT receivers settle around 8-12 hours runtime, which I find isn't always enough. I'd gladly trade a little size increase if I could reliably get 20 hours out of it.

I realize you're no longer actively posting here, so take this is a request for a future product. Thanks.

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #3,802 of 6,675
Which transmitter? That makes a difference as well as the receiver.
I don't know which mee audio transmitter it is but I know it supports aptx LL.

I've now compared the delay on one fifteen dollar mpow receiver, a thirty dollar mpow receiver, and the earstudio. The low end mpow is pretty close to real time. The thirty dollar mpow supports aptx ll and has no latency issues. All of these ran off the mee audio transmitter.

I don't know if there is anything I could have done differently, but I wanted the earstudio to workout for me while on the go and at home watching movies.

Jan 12, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #3,804 of 6,675
Sometimes the delay was as bad as 3 seconds.
3 seconds of latency is abnormally bad. I'm surprised that everything along the transmission path can even hold 3 seconds of audio. Did you try reducing the buffer with the EarStudio app? Which codec is the ES100 using with the TV (you can see it in the app)?

In the end, you seem to be doing everything normally and the ES100 may not work out. You could look at the BTR3 which does have aptX LL.

Jan 12, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #3,805 of 6,675
3 seconds of latency is abnormally bad. I'm surprised that everything along the transmission path can even hold 3 seconds of audio. Did you try reducing the buffer with the EarStudio app? Which codec is the ES100 using with the TV (you can see it in the app)?

In the end, you seem to be doing everything normally and the ES100 may not work out. You could look at the BTR3 which does have aptX LL.
Btr3 is on my shortlist.

The app was ineffective in this scenario as my phone was out of the picture. It was simply the TV into the meeaudio and out to the ES. I ordered a 2.5mm balanced cable for my 6xx because I had such high hopes for this device. Overall I was impressed, but it just didn't fit my needs.

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #3,810 of 6,675
Does anyone notice any difference with all the options in the app? like DCT, Oversampling, Dac Filter, or x2 current?

I'm using it with SE846 and not sure if i'm missing out on anything. I'd love to see settings everyone use :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back