Radius HP-TWF11r Review and Impressions thread
May 22, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #196 of 864
My brother wants new earphones and I am trying to convince him about these but he hates the way they look!

May 23, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #198 of 864
Quote:
so just curious how do these compare with shure SE530, westone 3, westone um3x? 

Ace8888,

I own UM3X (not the other two) and all I can say that Radius DDM sound signature is quite different in comparison to Westone's tripple driver BA.

One is BA and another is Dynamic dual driver. Both have amazing features and offer quality and comfort, but I can not compare them the way you expect me to.DDM is definitely a cheaper alternative to the Shure and um3x yet its unique driver reproduces the sound surprisingly well. I prefer DDMs sound signature over Westones.

Hope this helps

May 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #199 of 864
yello131,

if you had to choose one, between the westone um3x or the DDM which one do you prefer? :p I'm a bit skeptical about how these below $200 iems could rival top-tiers iems namely shure se530, westone 3 and the um3x...

at the moment I own westone um3x, and I've owned shure se530 in the past. Just recently my um3x broke down and I've been missing the fun, musical sound shure was able to offer me... So right now, after reading some reviews about the DDM I thought that maybe I could get that fun exciting feeling from hearing my music all over again. Don't get me wrong the westone um3x are very good, but I guess I just prefer a different sound signature.

P.S. : do you think it's possible to wear the DDM for workout sessions i.e. running, weight lifting  and still have a good seal on them? ?

May 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #200 of 864

Quote:
My brother wants new earphones and I am trying to convince him about these but he hates the way they look!

Read your review of the FAD you bought. Could you elaborate more on the differences between the DDM and the FAD? I read something about the directness of sound that makes the DDM (albeit amazing), sounds 'oddly artificial'?

May 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #201 of 864

Quote:
Read your review of the FAD you bought. Could you elaborate more on the differences between the DDM and the FAD? I read something about the directness of sound that makes the DDM (albeit amazing), sounds 'oddly artificial'?

Where did you read that at koonhua? I would like to read that too. Just curious buddy. Thanks.

May 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #203 of 864
Listening to Herbie Hancock's "Chameleon" and all I can say is >>>> OH MY!! These DDM are opening up nicely and quickly. The bass is slaying me! Not quite on FX700's caliber, but very damn close. Clarity and details very nice for a dynamic!!

May 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #204 of 864

Quote:
yello131,

if you had to choose one, between the westone um3x or the DDM which one do you prefer? :p I'm a bit skeptical about how these below $200 iems could rival top-tiers iems namely shure se530, westone 3 and the um3x...

at the moment I own westone um3x, and I've owned shure se530 in the past. Just recently my um3x broke down and I've been missing the fun, musical sound shure was able to offer me... So right now, after reading some reviews about the DDM I thought that maybe I could get that fun exciting feeling from hearing my music all over again. Don't get me wrong the westone um3x are very good, but I guess I just prefer a different sound signature.

P.S. : do you think it's possible to wear the DDM for workout sessions i.e. running, weight lifting  and still have a good seal on them? ?

Ace8888,
If you have read posts here on this thread already, you must have an idea what this DDM sound like. Next step is to audition this in person, no other way around. Unless you try them, you can only speculate how will earphones suite your needs.
I personally like DDM and UM3X, as well as e-Q7, but it varies and all depend on the mood I am in and all that goes with it.
DDM are my favorites among Dynamic drivers. I still prefer e-Q7 over all other BA type drivers out there.

P.S. I do not work out but I do walk/jug quite a lot and I have no problem what so ever with the seal. I guess it all depends on the way you wear them and what ear-tips you will be using. I am using comply foam and those work nice for my ears.

If you are in the USA, you can get Radius DDM from ALO audio and in case you do not like them, you can try exchanging for another pair of IEMs, I believe. The person in charge, Ken, is a great dealer.!! 
Hope this helps.

http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_66_89&products_id=438

May 24, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #205 of 864
Miles Davis's 'On the corner' is a good one for the DDM's too :) Was also just listening to Tim Buckley's amazingly well recorded live album ' Dream letter' and my god these DDM's reproduce live atmosphere stunningly well, serious case of the goosebumps on that album.
Quote:
Listening to Herbie Hancock's "Chameleon" and all I can say is >>>> OH MY!! These DDM are opening up nicely and quickly. The bass is slaying me! Not quite on FX700's caliber, but very damn close. Clarity and details very nice for a dynamic!!

May 24, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #206 of 864
LOL I was just listening to Chameleon with the DDMs too :)

May 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #207 of 864
Pinkmoon and takoyaki7... I see all three of us have great taste in music!! LOL

May 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #208 of 864
@ericp ,hello ericp buddy ,sounds like your still injoying those ddms, have they over taken your fx700 to win first place on your list yet ? 
wink_face.gif
 i love the bass on my Sm3 now that i have made a duel flange from the orto tips , playing Nazareth ,led zeppelin or deep purple is fantastic with the bass & drums these things can put out

May 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #209 of 864
New discovery!! So I had settled on the Monster hybrid tips for the DDM. It gave deep bass, nice mids, wonderful soundstage, but okay treble. Not a big treble person, so it suited me fine. But if nothing intrudes on my beloved mids and bass, I don't mind extended treble. So, I was taking the hybrids off to wash and clean, and staring me in my little tips box were the gray large PFE tips. I had bought them when I purchased the Copper, but never liked what they did for the sound sig of the Copper or MD. I bought three pair, and gave one away. They didn't work well with the e-Q7 either - haven't tried with the FX700. So I'm thinking, "why not try with the Radius DDM? You're bored with nothing better to do right now." 

Wow! Bam!! For my ears, the PFE tips have found a home finally with the DDM. The bass is still deep as ever, but these tips extend the soundstage and bring forward even more the vocals and horns. And on top of all that it adds weight to strings. But wait! It doesn't stop there. It also extends the treble nicely!! I actually like the sound better with the PFE tips (and I loved it with the Monster hybrids). These tips pushes the bass of the DDM even closer to the FX700 in sounding like cans bass. Well, see what happens when you're bored? The tips have brought out even more clarity and details in the IEMs. What a great discovery!! I was content with just looking at the gray PFE tips as a purchase and experiment gone awry, but I guess those tips were just waiting for a home that suited them. The DDM seems to be it.

May 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #210 of 864
They make the stage larger? That is quite odd! Typically on the same phone the smaller the nozzle the smaller the stage compared to a bigger nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back