Radius HP-TWF11r Review and Impressions thread
May 21, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #181 of 864

Quote:
I should keep my mouth shut, you know karma, I may ened up waiting longer than you did for my bad deeds........keep in mind though. We are even, I think you've raped my wallet as bad as I have yours.

LOL @ search. So this means you have ordered the DDM? If so, congrats!! And yes buddy, we're even!! Plus I'm doing really good not wanting the SM3, so please don't like them once you get them @  search...lol

May 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #182 of 864

Quote:
LOL @ search. So this means you have ordered the DDM? If so, congrats!! And yes buddy, we're even!! Plus I'm doing really good not wanting the SM3, so please don't like them once you get them @  search...lol

Hmm, did I mention the euro is down..........save some money, order now

Edit: I had nothing to do with the above attempt to get you to spend money, I will make every attempt to find out who did.  

May 22, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #183 of 864
You sneaky devil! Well, I'm stone broke now, so the Euro down or not, I can't afford them! So I'm saved by the economy right now!! lol
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #184 of 864
Re: microphonics - if you've never used a good cable, you migth not thing about it, but this nylon sheathed in rubber is rubbish - touch, walk, anything makes sounds. Some cables make next to no sounds at all

The DDM one isn't that earphone.

May 22, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #185 of 864

Quote:
You sneaky devil! Well, I'm stone broke now, so the Euro down or not, I can't afford them! So I'm saved by the economy right now!! lol
beerchug.gif

Not just euro, but the British pound is also down, so you can also consider ordering from handheldaudio. Then you should be the first here to own all the current 'hot' earphones! 
biggrin.gif

Not that hard isn't it, just perhaps like, selling your IE8/Monster Copper(if you still have them), or some other IEMs....

May 22, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #186 of 864
Already sold the Copper and IE8 a while back. Some of the funds from that sale help finance the FX700 purchase. Not prepared to sell the e-Q7 or Miles Davis, therefore I won't be in any rush for the SM3 or any other new IEMs. I think these four top-tier that I have already (yes, I am including the Radius in the top tier) suit me just fine. Now, If I hit lotto (or you my buddy koonhua become wealthy over night) all of this can change and it we could add the SM3 to the my listening world....lol.

May 22, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #187 of 864

Quote:
Already sold the Copper and IE8 a while back. Some of the funds from that sale help finance the FX700 purchase. Not prepared to sell the e-Q7 or Miles Davis, therefore I won't be in any rush for the SM3 or any other new IEMs. I think these four top-tier that I have already (yes, I am including the Radius in the top tier) suit me just fine. Now, If I hit lotto (or you my buddy koonhua become wealthy over night) all of this can change and it we could add the SM3 to the my listening world....lol.

I might have chanced upon some lucky buyer who is gonna buy the IE8 from me. I will throw in Monster supertips, comply and shure foamies. If he refuses I will post this on for sale forum today. I finally got some time to take some nice photos of it. Then when I am able to sell it, I might considering getting the SM3, as I have bought some triple flanges beforehand, figure it's better not to waste them. Well sorry buddy, I can't add SM3 to your listening, but I certainly can add it to my own listening...
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #188 of 864

Wow  what a great day I have had. DDMs shipped by AccessoryJacks on the 19th arrived on my doorstep here in New Zealand at 10am this morning (Sat 22nd)
eek.gif
. Having followed the thread from its conception there really isn't any new praise I can lavish on these babies that has not already been expressed so well by others. 

[size=small]I was however pleasantly surprised at how well they fit which was one concern that kept me procrastinating and hovering over that PayPal "Confirm Payment" button for days. The first insertion with the default shipped tips was a bit clumsy as I was expecting to have to fidget and fight for any kind of comfort or seal but they weren't bad at all. I then went straight to my old favourites the medium Sony Hybrids and the DDMs then slipped into place and settled like an old pair of comfortable shoes and other than whilst showering they have been fused to my head for near on 6 hours without the slightest discomfort. They are either so much more ergonomic than they look or...  I have mutant Ferengi like ears. [/size]

[size=small]I had to run a couple of errands in town so field tested them in the wild and found fit and stability excellent, isolation although not huge was far better than I expected and sure a tad more would be great but for casual listening on the go they are fine for me. Microphonics from the nylon wrapped cable was also surprisingly minimal, even when the cable occasionally rubbed against the toothed edge of my jacket zipper (something which generally causes me to involuntarily lock both jaw and sphincter muscles simultaneously  with enough force to cut bolts) was strangely only mildly intrusive.[/size]

[size=small]Whilst there were many wow moments during my listening today these are a handful of most striking  that stopped me in my tracks during my random shuffle of listening today.[/size]

[size=small]A New Way To Say “Hooray” by Spongle particularly the first 40 seconds, bizarrely surreal like an aural Matrixian stop motion scene that had me zooming in and moving 3 dimensionally around and between different plains of sound. It was like dodging raindrops in slow motion.[/size]

[size=small]The Expert by Yello, amazing scale, clarity, control and separation. Sounded so big I repeated it 3 times to take it all in before moving on.[/size]

[size=small]damn by Deadmau5, almost primeval mind blowing bass reproduction, especially at the tempo transformation  around 60 seconds in.[/size]

[size=small]Anything by Rodrigo y Gabriela, these effortlessly handle the speed and complexity of their music brilliantly with great clarity and detail really conveying the passion and emotion put into their phenomenal style of guitar alchemy.[/size]

[size=small]Dual diaphragms over dual BA, I find the DDMs satisfying lush and full with the depth, width, versatility and control to pluck a sound\note\instrument out and focus\project it separately and spatially with great clarity and layering . There are so many little things I pick up on not because I am hearing them for the first time but rather because I am hearing them distinctly and clearly for the first time rather than them just being part of the music.[/size]

[size=small]Thanks to all for pics, impressions, commentary and banter throughout the thread  it is what makes Head-Fi so great to visit.[/size]

[size=small]I was however pleasantly surprised at how well they fit which was a major concern that kept me procrastinating and hovering over that PayPal "Confirm Payment" button for days. The first insertion with the default shipped tips was a bit clumsy as I was expecting to have to fidget and fight for any semblance of comfort or seal but they weren't bad at all. I then went straight to my old favourites the medium Sony Hybrids and the DDMs then slipped into place and settled like an old pair of comfortable shoes and other than whilst showering they have been fused to my head for hours without the slightest discomfort. They are either so much more ergonomic than they look or...  I have mutant Ferengi like ears. [/size]

[size=small]I had to run a couple of errands in town so field tested them in the wild and found fit and stability excellent, isolation although not huge was far better than I expected and sure a tad more would be great but for casual listening on the go I don't have a problem with them. Although it does kink easily, microphonics of the nylon wrapped cable was for the most part surprisingly minimal, even when the cable occasionally dragged against the teeth of my jacket zipper (something which generally causes me to involuntarily lock both jaw and sphincter muscles simultaneously  with enough force to cut bolts) was strangely only mildly intrusive.[/size]

[size=small]Whilst there were many WOW moments during my listening today the following are a handful of most striking that stopped me in my tracks during my random shuffle of listening today.[/size]

[size=small]A New Way To Say “Hooray” by Shpongle particularly the first 40 seconds, bizarrely surreal like an aural Matrixian stop motion event that had me zooming in and moving 3 dimensionally around and between different plains of sound. It was freaky, like dodging raindrops in slow motion.[/size]

[size=small]The Expert by Yello, huge scale, clarity, control and separation. Sounded so big I had to replayed it 3 times to take it all in before moving on.[/size]

[size=small]damn by Deadmau5, almost raw mind blowing bass reproduction, especially at the transition around 60 seconds in.[/size]

[size=small]Anything by Rodrigo y Gabriela, these effortlessly handle the speed and complexity of their music brilliantly with great clarity and detail really conveying the passion and emotion put into their phenomenal style of guitar alchemy.[/size]

[size=small]Dual diaphragms over dual BA, I find the DDMs satisfying lush and full with the depth, width, versatility and control to pluck a sound\note\instrument out and focus\project it separately and spatially with great clarity and layering . There are so many little things I picked up on not because I was hearing them for the first time but rather because I am hearing them distinctly and clearly for the first time rather than them just being part of the music.[/size]

[size=small]Thanks to all for pics, impressions, commentary and banter throughout the thread  it is what for me makes Head-Fi so great to visit.[/size]

[size=small]Cheers.[/size]

May 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #190 of 864

Quote:
I might have chanced upon some lucky buyer who is gonna buy the IE8 from me. I will throw in Monster supertips, comply and shure foamies. If he refuses I will post this on for sale forum today. I finally got some time to take some nice photos of it. Then when I am able to sell it, I might considering getting the SM3, as I have bought some triple flanges beforehand, figure it's better not to waste them. Well sorry buddy, I can't add SM3 to your listening, but I certainly can add it to my own listening...
biggrin.gif

No  problems buddy...lol. I then will live through you. Can't wait for your first impressions on the SM3. Need someone to really motivate my interest in it. It hasn't happened yet. For one, after getting the bass I get out of the FX700, DDM and even the MDs, I can't go back to lighter  bass. As much as I still love my e-Q7, the bass is still too light for me right now (in quantity, not quality). I worry about that with the SM3.

May 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #191 of 864
Congrats @ tadad1!! Welcome to the Radius DDM movement! It seems like everyone - so far - is hearing the greatness of these IEMs on the same level, and I think they're quickly showing that it is not just some FOTM, but we have a very unique and worthy sounding new in-ear monitor to contend with the big boys. Happy listening!

May 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #193 of 864

Quote:
Anyone know how the isolation compares to a basic in design (housing) iem as in RE0, hippo vb, m9, etc.?

Check out Eric's response to my post on page 12

May 22, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #194 of 864

Quote:

No  problems buddy...lol. I then will live through you. Can't wait for your first impressions on the SM3. Need someone to really motivate my interest in it. It hasn't happened yet. For one, after getting the bass I get out of the FX700, DDM and even the MDs, I can't go back to lighter  bass. As much as I still love my e-Q7, the bass is still too light for me right now (in quantity, not quality). I worry about that with the SM3.

I'm in a similar boat on the SM3 Eric.  Considering the price that's almost halfway to custom JH16's or Earsonics.  I've got my engaging universals, time for custom reference monitors me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back