Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550
Oct 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #483 of 651
  Lol. Don't hate! Love! You will love them.

Got them earlier. Been listening for a bit. Seem to have gotten the best tip combination of the incredibly large pool of the 3 included pairs. They are definitely very spacious sounding. They're a stark contrast to the Westone UM Pro 30's in that regard - but I suspect that many pairs would be similar (comparatively). I'm surprised their comfortable. Will I wear them in public? I think these can stay my 'indoor' pair, lol. They make the UM Pro 30's sound rather congested and dark.

I rather liked the UM Pro 30's before I heard the 7550's. They 30's sound kind of lame in comparison - bass and treble are not as clear, much less sense of space. The intimacy isn't always a downside though. When going from the 30's to the 7550's I felt like everything was so distant, but going from the 7550's to the 30's and it's the opposite. I think they're probably pretty good complements. Plus, I got the UM Pro 30's for free, so no complaints really :)

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #484 of 651

Got them earlier. Been listening for a bit. Seem to have gotten the best tip combination of the incredibly large pool of the 3 included pairs. They are definitely very spacious sounding. They're a stark contrast to the Westone UM Pro 30's in that regard - but I suspect that many pairs would be similar (comparatively). I'm surprised their comfortable. Will I wear them in public? I think these can stay my 'indoor' pair, lol. They make the UM Pro 30's sound rather congested and dark.

I rather liked the UM Pro 30's before I heard the 7550's. They 30's sound kind of lame in comparison - bass and treble are not as clear, much less sense of space. The intimacy isn't always a downside though. When going from the 30's to the 7550's I felt like everything was so distant, but going from the 7550's to the 30's and it's the opposite. I think they're probably pretty good complements. Plus, I got the UM Pro 30's for free, so no complaints really :)

Always good to have couple options, right?

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #486 of 651
got my ex800st today, it seems like the ex600 and ex1000 has better built, without burning them yet, the ex800 has a touch of more bass compaird to ex600, but bass loses out to the xba 4 that i got the day before.

also ordered a spare ex1000 cable, but they have non in stock and will send them to hong kong for me by ems.

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #487 of 651
Just bought my second pair. Sold my first just to explore other options, even though I loved them. They're as great as I remember them to be. Bass isn't as huge as I remember, but that's actually a good thing since it's very accurate and less exaggerated than I expected. They have some of the most accurate sound I've heard from a dynamic, and even better than some BAs. I hold The ER4P as the standard, and the UM3x for example sounded too dark. The 7550s were just a bit hotter on the treble than the Etys, but definitely bearable. This graph backs up what I heard:

I also miss how efficient they are. My Nexus 4 at full volume wasn't enough for my etys, but I don't even have to turn it to full volume with the 7550s. Great IEMs, and a great complement to Etys.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #488 of 651
After some testing of my ex800st, I can say it's a lot better than the ex600 and the xba 4, at present i'm using the cable from my ex600, as I think the standard cable on the ex800st is rather disappointed.

I have ordered a ex1000 cable as the shop had no stock, and the shop in japan informed me last night they have received them, they were about to post them out, but I asked them to order me another pair and send them out together, just paid them through paypal as the japan internet banking will not accept international credit cards, I should receive them in a few days.

the cables cost me 4980 yen each and shipping by ems at 900yen, compared to hong kong price at 1000HKD each, approximate 12730 yen.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #489 of 651
  After some testing of my ex800st, I can say it's a lot better than the ex600 and the xba 4, at present i'm using the cable from my ex600, as I think the standard cable on the ex800st is rather disappointed.

I have ordered a ex1000 cable as the shop had no stock, and the shop in japan informed me last night they have received them, they were about to post them out, but I asked them to order me another pair and send them out together, just paid them through paypal as the japan internet banking will not accept international credit cards, I should receive them in a few days.

the cables cost me 4980 yen each and shipping by ems at 900yen, compared to hong kong price at 1000HKD each, approximate 12730 yen.

Really? Apparently, EX800 has the best cable out of the EX series! But ok. If you don't like it. It's fine.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #492 of 651
Really? Apparently, EX800 has the best cable out of the EX series! But ok. If you don't like it. It's fine.

it's a bit long for me, but from what I heard the ex600 has the best cable, even better than the ex1000, the info is from a shop in hong kong that specialize in high end iem, but i'm just taking it as a pinch of salt, so I purchased 2 spare ex1000 cable, and not the ex600.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #493 of 651
it's a bit long for me, but from what I heard the ex600 has the best cable, even better than the ex1000, the info is from a shop in hong kong that specialize in high end iem, but i'm just taking it as a pinch of salt, so I purchased 2 spare ex1000 cable, and not the ex600.

There are measurement of the cables on Rin's Blog. It shows that EX1000 cable is better than EX600 cable(lower overall impedance). So you did make a good call in buying the EX1000 cable.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #494 of 651
  There are measurement of the cables on Rin's Blog. It shows that EX1000 cable is better than EX600 cable(lower overall impedance). So you did make a good call in buying the EX1000 cable.

thanks.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #495 of 651

just received both cables from ordering within less than 1 week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back