Quick help please (been out of the loop, another what to get, sorry)
Oct 10, 2010 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
Well, about 6 months ago or so, my parents old dogs ate my SA6's. I was pretty upset, so I checked the Sleek site and noticed the SA6R's and the SA7's. A quick look at SoundEarphones showed the SA6R's. So I spent some money I shouldn't have and bought them. It's been so long since I've truly enjoyed my music. I'm halfway there now.

The other part of the story, about a year ago, my Cowon D2 got two cracks in the screen, so I gave it to my sister (it was out of warranty) and bought a cheap Sony 16GB (E series). This Sony gives me a lot of issues and the EQ sucks on it. So, I want to know what 16GB (or 8GB with expandable memory up to 16GB) DAP would be best suited to go with my new Sleek's. It has to have a good EQ on it. I plan on giving my sister the Sony, so I can have the 8GB microSD back from the Cowon.

I am only looking to spend NO MORE THAN $100USD. The cheaper the better, as I really shouldn't be spending the money at all, but I really want to enjoy my music again. I appreciate any and all help and I do apologize for another what to get thread. I just ordered my Sleek's tonight so they won't ship until tomorrow. So I have all of today to find and get a new DAP that can ship tomorrow as well.

Oct 10, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 7
If you don't care about screen size, a Sansa Fuze and Sansa Clip + would both be well under your budget. I bought my brother a Sansa Clip + and it has really good sound quality. In fact, the Sansa players have gotten very good reviews here for its sound quality (Both also take microsd cards).

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Awesome thanks, don't think I'm going to go with the Clip+, I bought a Clip a while back and took back to the store inside of a week, I didn't like the sound quality, but the Fuze I tried, I loved. I just didn't see a microSD on it before, but it does have one. Going with the 8GB Fuze then. Thanks a lot.

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Awesome thanks, don't think I'm going to go with the Clip+, I bought a Clip a while back and took back to the store inside of a week, I didn't like the sound quality, but the Fuze I tried, I loved. I just didn't see a microSD on it before, but it does have one. Going with the 8GB Fuze then. Thanks a lot.

They should have sounded exactly the same.
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
They should have sounded exactly the same.
confused_face(1).gif

I've heard that before, but maybe I just got a bad Clip. The Fuze sounded fuller and better, I'm still not the best at describing sound, but it sounded like what it should have ha ha. The Clip I bought just sounded cheap, tinny and far away no matter how I adjusted the sound. Maybe next week I'll pick a Clip+ up too and see if it sounds better.

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, I also ordered the Clip+, I'm going to try both out and which ever I like least I'm giving to a friend who's iPod is complete crap and falling apart. I got the Fuze yesterday and I'm loving it right now. Though I'm not adjusting the EQ settings until my SA6R's, so I can't really comment on SQ right now. It is better than the Sony I was using though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back