Questyle QP2R
May 11, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,096 of 1,225
Through the QP2R highs are sharper, harder.

I have mixed feelings on the QP2R regarding highs and treble. It is very detailed and can sound harsh - but not with all headphones. The QP2R with my (at that time) Sony Z1R was a mess. However, the QP2R sounds great with my Stellia and especially the Meze Empyrean.

May 11, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #1,097 of 1,225
I have mixed feelings on the QP2R regarding highs and treble. It is very detailed and can sound harsh - but not with all headphones. The QP2R with my (at that time) Sony Z1R was a mess. However, the QP2R sounds great with my Stellia and especially the Meze Empyrean.
This is going to be interesting for me. I haven't had a source which seems to exhibit so much dependence on synergy before. I've read the other posts in this thread, glassmonkey's especially, so I was prepared to hear something, but not this drastic. As I said, I don't like the QP2R/ Trio combination because it ruins that treble sweetness, my favorite part of the Trio sound. That says a lot, the Trio pushes nearly all my buttons.

But I started listening to the QP2R/ Rai Penta combination this morning and I am nearly completely bowled over. The amp takes complete control of the drivers. Power and detail have amazed me. The treble may not be as sweet as the AK70/ Trio combination, but is certainly isn't brittle, either.

Anyway, new territory for me.

May 12, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #1,098 of 1,225

Stellia and QP2R is a great pairing

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #1,100 of 1,225
Bought new foam and set up the Pelican case to hold both QP1R and QP2R along with the portable charger, cables and a wall charger to recharge the portable battery.

3B0B1189-41FA-4363-9122-3CA11AE63785.jpeg

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #1,101 of 1,225
I love the sound of QP2R -- it's very much like a very good pure Class A home stereo amp -- but have given up and am taking the loss. Tried several emails, posted on FB etc. -- no response. I would not recommend anyone in NA anyway buy a Questyle, you are SOL if you have a problem

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #1,102 of 1,225
I love the sound of QP2R -- it's very much like a very good pure Class A home stereo amp -- but have given up and am taking the loss. Tried several emails, posted on FB etc. -- no response. I would not recommend anyone in NA anyway buy a Questyle, you are SOL if you have a problem
Just curious, what problem are you having? Not that I could help in any way...

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #1,105 of 1,225
It cascaded. The battery wouldn't hold a charge for long. Then even when having power, the player simply wouldn't play -- hit play and nothing happens or the unit just shuts down.
That's a shame.

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #1,106 of 1,225
Hi there, everyone.

I recently bought QP2R (used) and found the following problem. When music is paused or the album is ended (and not cycled), the sound suddenly disappears. Both from the memory card and from the player’s internal memory. Otherwise the player is working fine.

Turning the player ON/OFF does not resolve the issue. It starts playing normally only after at least 20 min of being turned off. Necessary to clarify that listening is done only through unbalanced 3,5mm output. Will try to find 2,5 cable soon.

Firmware 1.0.4
To resolve the issue:
- Reset to factory
- 20 min of being turned off

Firmware 1.0.1
Could not resolve the issue at all.
Only through the update to 1.0.4.

Also necessary to clarify, that issue does not depend on the battery level.

Any ideas? Could somebody help with this?

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,107 of 1,225
Hi there, everyone.

I recently bought QP2R (used) and found the following problem. When music is paused or the album is ended (and not cycled), the sound suddenly disappears. Both from the memory card and from the player’s internal memory. Otherwise the player is working fine.

Turning the player ON/OFF does not resolve the issue. It starts playing normally only after at least 20 min of being turned off. Necessary to clarify that listening is done only through unbalanced 3,5mm output. Will try to find 2,5 cable soon.

Firmware 1.0.4
To resolve the issue:
- Reset to factory

Firmware 1.0.1

Are you saying when you play a single album your Qp2R will not play another album you select unless you turn your player off for twenty minutes? Does your player behave this way when you have the playback set to loop/ cycle or "straight through" (so it plays one song after another)?

I don't have your problem with my player, so I don't have any ideas for you. Sorry.

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #1,108 of 1,225
Hi there, everyone.

Firmware 1.0.4
To resolve the issue:
- Reset to factory

Firmware 1.0.1

Just saw this - sorry to hear man. May be balanced makes a difference. If the issue persists, well, ... I have a QP2R for sale in the classifieds ...

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #1,109 of 1,225
Hi there, everyone.

Firmware 1.0.4
To resolve the issue:
- Reset to factory

Firmware 1.0.1

I would try reinstalling the firmware to see if it is a software issue. If it's hardware, you are probably screwed.

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #1,110 of 1,225
Added "Artist Sort", "Album Artist Sort" and "Album sort" tags to all my music files. I can say that the QP2R does not make use of those tags since it still shows everything in alphabetical order by first name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back