Questyle QP2R
Aug 2, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #976 of 1,225
I'm really impressed with this dap. It sounds so nice, almost sp1000 ish. I used some zenith iems with it tonight and it sounded great.

This is true and the QP1R sounds even better to most people. Not sure why no one has bought my QP1R for $270 plus shipping is beyond me.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #977 of 1,225
Questyle aren't the most customer orientated company in this hobby and I think that it's hurting their reputation and therefore resell value.

Also, your QP1R suffers from the battery issue and that is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #978 of 1,225
Shame because it's sounds so good. Is there a new questyle out soon?

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #979 of 1,225
The QPm. I think it costs about £2000? Questyle really needs to get more involved with their customers and having a presence on here would be the best way forward. Look at iBasso and FiiO, they have representatives on here on a daily basis. When's the last time you saw anyone from Questyle on this forum?

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #980 of 1,225
Questyle aren't the most customer orientated company in this hobby and I think that it's hurting their reputation and therefore resell value.

Also, your QP1R suffers from the battery issue and that is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

True, but that does not change the sound and the battery still last 8-10 hours. What do people expect for $270? If the battery indicator was not wonky, it would be closer to $500.

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #981 of 1,225
I'm not sure it would go for that much. Earlier this year, I sold a mint new style QP1R on here and only got £295. It was the latest spec unit with the battery modified circuit and new style scroll wheel.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sold-questyle-qp1r-and-official-case-mint.904247/

I think Questyles "Shine" has got duller. The lack of customer interaction and the battery issue on the QP1R has dented their reputation. Currently, there is no UK distributor and arguably their main UK dealer, AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk told me they won't be stocking any Questyle products anymore. They are just selling off their remaining stock of the QP2R at a discounted price.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #982 of 1,225
I got a qp2r new and gold for £650 this week. In UK they are being heavily discounted

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #983 of 1,225
When SCV Distribution were Questyles official representatives in the UK, most of the retailers listed on their site didn't actually have any Questyle products listed on their respective sites.

Where did you get your QP2R from for £650?

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #984 of 1,225
eBay but I noticed the box had scv distribution on it

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #986 of 1,225
That was it.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #987 of 1,225
What IEM's are you going to use? I found the SE output to be the same as the QP1R with firmware version 1.0.9, meaning about 20% lower than 1.0.8.

So having both at the same time, the QP2R on high output was the same as the QP1R using the louder 1.0.8 firmware on medium output. A missed opportunity. I'd still have it if it wasn't for the lack of power.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #988 of 1,225
I've been using ima zenith with a bassy filter and campfire cascade both on balanced.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #989 of 1,225
SCV Distribution were selling the QP2R for £499 at Canjam London.

Do people prefer listening at high gain? I'm finding I can listen at low, med or high at various volume settings but never coming close to maxing out with my various easy to drive headphones. Is there difference in sound between the different gain settings? If there is I certainly can't hear it. I'm always confused when people try and describe the QP2R sound. There are a lot of conflicting opinions I think. People will say its technical accurate and at the same time things like organic with a mild mid bass elevation pops up. I'm definitely hearing the mid bass elevation but also something about the mid range that makes it emphasised rather than forward, such that it draws your attention. I also find the bass has punch and impact but its sort of rounded and soft below 60hz and into the sub bass. I wish there was slightly more texture in the bass region like the mid range. The EQ is effective boosting top and mid but for the bass freq I'm finding it a bit ineffective. Most likely due to a broad Q factor.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #990 of 1,225
SCV Distribution were selling the QP2R for £499 at Canjam London.

Do people prefer listening at high gain? I'm finding I can listen at low, med or high at various volume settings but never coming close to maxing out with my various easy to drive headphones. Is there difference in sound between the different gain settings? If there is I certainly can't hear it. I'm always confused when people try and describe the QP2R sound. There are a lot of conflicting opinions I think. People will say its technical accurate and at the same time things like organic with a mild mid bass elevation pops up. I'm definitely hearing the mid bass elevation but also something about the mid range that makes it emphasised rather than forward, such that it draws your attention. I also find the bass has punch and impact but its sort of rounded and soft below 60hz and into the sub bass. I wish there was slightly more texture in the bass region like the mid range. The EQ is effective boosting top and mid but for the bass freq I'm finding it a bit ineffective. Most likely due to a broad Q factor.
What IEMs are you using? If primarily Shure SE846 without iEMatch or similar, you might not be hearing the player too much. You'll be hearing the amplification mismatch. I suggest testing with a set of high impedance cans. Go to a shop and try an HD600 or similar, if you can.

I'd wait to give definitive sounding impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back