Questyle QP2R
Mar 5, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #771 of 1,225
I don't think the QP2R was the commercial success its predecessor was. Just look at the number of reviews online, compared to other 1k DAPs.

Perhaps the battery issue with the QP1R and Questyle taking a year to release the firmware fix, that didn't work for everyone, left a bad taste in existing customers mouths and sales never achieved what they could have done.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #772 of 1,225
I don't think the QP2R was the commercial success its predecessor was. Just look at the number of reviews online, compared to other 1k DAPs.

Perhaps the battery issue with the QP1R and Questyle taking a year to release the firmware fix, that didn't work for everyone, left a bad taste in existing customers mouths and sales never achieved what they could have done.

Darren I'm glad people like you are noticing. I've been lamenting the obviously poor marketing strategy of this company for a while now even though I still like the 1R. They should have relaxed and fixed the 1R issues gain a faithful following and then encourage them on a journey into 2R. But they didn't. Rather they thought they held all the cards so they could force people on to 2R by ignoring 1R. That's a dumb decision. What they don't realise is that more people will stretch their budget to get themselves a player at this price point whereas the ones that comfortably buy have other options and very likely have other high end DAPs in their collection. So that strategy will anger the ones that stretch their budgets(likely to be a lot of people) and the comfortable ones will avoid any other products. I hope they learn their lesson and read this thread!

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #773 of 1,225
They won't read this or the QP1R thread. If I could be arsed, I'd look to see when the UK or USA distributors last posted. To my knowledge, Questyle never has. They should look at FiiO and iBasso's involvement on this forum and take note. Mind you, FiiO posts here mainly to answer queries on why their latest firmware has introduced so many bugs, but that's another story. lol.

I've sold my QP2R because the volume output was very low on the SE (3.5mm) output. Set to high gain the volume was the same as my QP1R with the 1.0.8 firmware on mid gain. The 1.0.9 firmware lowered the volume by about 20%. Moedawg140, who started the QP1R thread agrees with me and has informed Questyle. Guess what? He told me even he received no response. Laughable.

I've got my QP1R on here for £295 if you are interested!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #774 of 1,225
Another week and another offer from AdvanceMP3Players.co.uk. Three weeks and three money off offers. Seems odd they are trying to get rid of there stock so aggressively.

https://www.advancedmp3players.co.u....15110.html?am3sid=kq7q76fu2391ke913iiv18j7r7

AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk have emailed me in reply to my question regarding their frequent discount offers on the QP2R. The answer is that they are dropping all Questyle products when current stocks are exhausted.

This must surely mean low sales of all Questyle products. Why would they want to stop stocking Questyle if they were selling lots of units?

Audiosanctury might be doing the same, as they are discounting the QP2R by 17%. https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/questyle-qp2r-portable-player.html

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #776 of 1,225
Is there a file limit for this DAP? I'm thinking about getting a 400GB memory card so I could fit about 13000 ALAC-files on it.
I have a 400GB card with around that number of FLAC files in mine, works perfectly.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #777 of 1,225
Mar 8, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #778 of 1,225
Same here 400gb without problems

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #780 of 1,225
I have been using a 400GB Sandisk on my QP2R and never have encountered a problem. Later this year (Black Friday) I might get a 512GB or the 1TB card if the price is right.

I recently bought a QP1R on sale/deep discount from a local retailer. It struggle to play DSD128 files from a 256GB card and up. It stutters during transitions between 2 files while playing. But there is a solution. The Card must be formatted using the SD Card Formatter app/tool. This is to optimize the card's file system which fixed the stutters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back