1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Questyle QP2R

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by unknownguardian, May 17, 2017.
First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. earnmyturns
    Just double-checked with my Q2PR, firmware 1.0.4 (the latest version on the Questyle site). Gapless is on. It plays gapless, as I confirmed with two consecutive tracks I know very well. All my music is in FLAC, different sample rates, either from CD rips via XLD (Mac) or from download stores (Bandcamp, HDtracks, ProStudioMasters, ...). Not all digital audio formats support precise gapless play.

SteveOliver likes this.
  2. fedfan6
    Thanks for checking. Yeah my files are all flac from xld and dbpoweramp.
    I thought maybe I would go back and redo the firmware updates. Seems like this was introduced on 1.0.1. Does anyone know where I can find that one as the current questyle page only has .3 and .4?

3. earnmyturns
    As I wrote above, 1.0.4 is the latest firmware, and it works correctly for me.

4. 40lb
    @fedfan6 ,@polymetis ,
    So I have been trying to see what the issue could be but I haven't been able to run into the same problem. I even tried playing various formats to see if that could be the issue to no luck; tried MP3, FLAC, DSD, and APE)
    I can only recommend at this point to try and reinstall the firmware you are using if you haven't already (try downloading a new copy of the firmware as well could be a bad download).

5. fedfan6
    Thanks 40lb - I took it back to fw 1.03 but that didn’t help. Maybe I’ll try to upgrade it back to 1.04. Frustrating....

6. Quadfather

I absolutely love the AKG K812 headphones on my Questyle QP1R.

7. Quadfather
    I hope a future Questyle QP3R uses 4.4mm balanced.

8. iFi audio
    K812 are very likable!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
    Quadfather likes this.
  9. Darren Cotter
    www.scvdistribution.co.uk isn't showing any Questyle products, apart from the QP2R & Focal headphone bundle. Who is the official UK importer now?

10. Darren Cotter
    Reply from SCV on another thread:

"Just to clarify SCV are no longer representing the Questyle brand, hence why we have removed it from our site. As far as I know, there is currently no one importing Questyle products into the UK."

Light - Man likes this.
  11. Light - Man
    My guess is that it will be Amp3 as they are still selling them on Amazon.

I won't lose too much sleep if nobody stocks them as I reckon they are way over priced and they need to get real if they want to sell them in numbers and not remain as a niche product. There is far too much competition out there.

Too many people who have too much money it seems?

BTW, I have only owned and heard the first version and thought that it was okay but too clunky for my liking even at £550 new.

At its current price of double that, i.e. £1100, all I can say is What!!! :smile_phones:

12. Darren Cotter

AMP3 have told me they won't be stocking any Questyle products when their current stocks are exhausted.

13. glassmonkey
    Never experienced the problem, so can't really help.

I didn't even know that the QP2R reads m3u. No listing for it under file support on the Questyle website. It might be as simple the format being unsupported. Also, a 400gb playlist is quite unusual and not really necessary unless you listen to 12000 songs in a specific order, just go to titles and shuffle the whole thing. If you have a specific order you listen to 12000 songs, I'm impressed with the precision of your brain. Hot damn, man!

14. glassmonkey
    SCV supplied AMP3, I believe. It looks like Bruce Ball is now basically the only person to talk to about Questyle.

15. Zowie1
    I would listen to this playlist on shuffle. :smile_phones: Smaller m3u -playlists work fine, so the problem is probably caused by the size of this one particular playlist.

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last