Questyle QP1
Jun 6, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #3,661 of 4,272
  I use the "Genre" option sometimes, why remove something that isn't causing a problem?. There are menu options I don't use, but someone probably does. 

If the library could update faster that'd be nice. I have 6000+ FLAC files split between 2 cards, and if I add a CD to one of them the update takes around 10mins which is a long time to wait before I can use the DAP again.

Genre classification is never correct in terms of the type of music or even podcasts/ Radio Interviews/ Classes/ Study Sessions/Audio Tutorials on any DAP, or mobile phone based players in my experience. The generic menu called Genre gets me no where, if it works for you great, but I assume most of the people using QP1R either go to the Play By Category for Artists, Album and Songs option in most occasions and the other is Browse Category option, which I find the most easy to go to, as I either have lists of songs I want to be played figured out in indexing folders or I go and listen to an entire album. I get that most people these days don't do that and when time comes I also go for Random shuffling of songs like most of them too. 

Folder play-through is something which should be an option they should invest their energy behind rather than Genre, just my opinion. Also, it doesn't take me more than 5 mins to update media at FW1.02 for 9900+ songs I have, which is a combination of Hi-Rez files and AAC. Even at FW1.05 it was not that slow. On the other hand I once loaded a 128 GB card in the AK240, and it literally took over 10 mins to update and after the update most files for not readable, although they were properly read and played through a QP1R and AK 100 II. 

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #3,662 of 4,272
For anyone wanting an alternative carry case for their QP1R I recommend this. Fully lined & fits perfectly (with or without a QP1R/Dignis leather case). Very, very well made... & cheap (£12.50).

As it comes (top 2 pics), I found the top flap made using the the volume pot easily a bit fiddly - & best suited to right-angled headphone jacks (although straight ones will just about fit) so cut it off (shown in bottom row of pics). 

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #3,663 of 4,272
Is there any substantive review of the QP1? I can't find it by searching the thread.

On another board I read that it may be better for IEMs than the QP1R? Is there any truth to that? I'm looking for something to drive sensitive IEMs only.

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #3,664 of 4,272
Is there any substantive review of the QP1? I can't find it by searching the thread.

On another board I read that it may be better for IEMs than the QP1R? Is there any truth to that? I'm looking for something to drive sensitive IEMs only.

Thanks.
It might be difficult to find a QP1 review, but keep on searching you might get something.

About the IEM issue, when initially both QP1 and 1R was released the standard version was meant for headphones and the reference version was for IEMs. The QP1R has lesser OI and lower THD distortion compared to QP1 so going for the reference version will be ideal for you.

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #3,665 of 4,272
Put it in low gain mode and your set. I have not heard the QP1 but the QP1R is a stellar sounding player IMHO.

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #3,666 of 4,272
  Hi guys, I just got myself a QP1R and noticed this peculiar thing:

I have a sandisk ultra 128GB card that I formatted within the player, and then I copied my music files over. The player was able to read all the files. However once the player shuts down and is restarted, it will not recognize the card. If I go to browse file option, it would say Not Found. I need to remove and insert the card back in for the player to read the files again.

I have tried to format the card using FAT32 and exFat but the results are the same. I have another sandisk 128GB card which is showing the same behavior. However, I have a 64GB card and it is behaving ok - player was able to read and load the card after restarting.

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this? Is this likely a faulty player?

Appreciate any insights! 

Hi, I have the exact same problem : two 128GB Sandisk ultra, brand new. Both were OK and tonight, as I put the player ON, one card says "Not Found". And for me it's actually the card that is not found, and not the slot that has a problem :
Let's assume that slot TFcard1 states "not found" : if I swap the cards (player off), then TFcard1 becomes OK and TFcard2 becomes "not found". I can do this again and again.
I checked on my PC : the faulty card is read perfectly on PC. I formatted the card in FAT32 : same problem. Back to exFAT : same problem.
Then I read this thread and I tried what I had not yet tried : taking the SDcard out while the player is on, and put it back : miracle ! Instantly the card appears.

I don't see the logic between this solution and the fact that the problem is attached to the card, but it works.

Let's see if the problem comes back...

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #3,667 of 4,272

Hi guys, I just got myself a QP1R and noticed this peculiar thing:

I have a sandisk ultra 128GB card that I formatted within the player, and then I copied my music files over. The player was able to read all the files. However once the player shuts down and is restarted, it will not recognize the card. If I go to browse file option, it would say Not Found. I need to remove and insert the card back in for the player to read the files again.

I have tried to format the card using FAT32 and exFat but the results are the same. I have another sandisk 128GB card which is showing the same behavior. However, I have a 64GB card and it is behaving ok - player was able to read and load the card after restarting.

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this? Is this likely a faulty player?

Appreciate any insights! 

Hi, I have the exact same problem : two 128GB Sandisk ultra, brand new. Both were OK and tonight, as I put the player ON, one card says "Not Found". And for me it's actually the card that is not found, and not the slot that has a problem :
Let's assume that slot TFcard1 states "not found" : if I swap the cards (player off), then TFcard1 becomes OK and TFcard2 becomes "not found". I can do this again and again.
I checked on my PC : the faulty card is read perfectly on PC. I formatted the card in FAT32 : same problem. Back to exFAT : same problem.
Then I read this thread and I tried what I had not yet tried : taking the SDcard out while the player is on, and put it back : miracle ! Instantly the card appears.

I don't see the logic between this solution and the fact that the problem is attached to the card, but it works.

Let's see if the problem comes back...

@corsario, I've not had that problem and I use sandisk's .  On another note, you've tried FAT32 and X-FAT.  Dit you compare them for amount of content?  I have a new 200GB card and would like to find out if X-FAT might use the file alocations more efficiently.
Thanks and sorry I couldn't be more helpful with your problem.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #3,668 of 4,272

Which A/C chargers are you using?

I have two here at work ...
- one is an A/C USB for an older Kindle .... 5V @ .85A
- while the other is from eBay a Samsung China special 'knock-off' 5V @ 2A.

It appears that the Chinese knock-off takes much longer to charge things up to 100%

<Question> Other then re-installing the Firmware is there a way to reset the battery charge power indicator? ...

My unit hit 0% the other day and went directly back to 100% and then shutdowns a few hours later ... so I know the indicator needs to be reset to be in-sync with the actual power left in the battery

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #3,669 of 4,272

Which A/C chargers are you using?

I have two here at work ...
- one is an A/C USB for an older Kindle .... 5V @ .85A
- while the other is from eBay a Samsung China special 'knock-off' 5V @ 2A.

It appears that the Chinese knock-off takes much longer to charge things up to 100%

<Question> Other then re-installing the Firmware is there a way to reset the battery charge power indicator? ...

My unit hit 0% the other day and went directly back to 100% and then shutdowns a few hours later ... so I know the indicator needs to be reset to be in-sync with the actual power left in the battery

I assume this question is to everyone(?), the USB Charger that I use is an Anker 5V 8A with IQ Ports (ports supply what the device needs up to the maximum). I've never had any problems with charging or battery indicator discrepancy. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #3,670 of 4,272

@corsario, I've not had that problem and I use sandisk's .  On another note, you've tried FAT32 and X-FAT.  Dit you compare them for amount of content?  I have a new 200GB card and would like to find out if X-FAT might use the file alocations more efficiently.
Thanks and sorry I couldn't be more helpful with your problem.

Sorry I did not check the amount of content betwwen FAT32 and exFAT.
But you can test it yourself : it is very fast if you use "quick format"

for FAT32 formatting I used : http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/files/file/2144-gui-fat32-format/

see also : http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #3,671 of 4,272
  I am in a bit of a quandary about this player. I owned it for a very short time, but returned it because it kept shutting off when playing high resolution files and I frequently got messages that it had not been correctly ejected from my Mac. I was pretty impressed with the sound and its ability to drive full size headphones with authority, however, my not so young eyes had difficulty reading the tiny screen, even with glasses. I have looked at alternatives, but they all seem to have some unfortunate drawback. I have considered the Acoustic Research AR M2 which is £200 more than the QP1R and has a bigger, brighter display. However, a recent review on Amazon.uk (there are only 6) also reports an issue of the unit spontaneously switching off, and other reviews mention noise issues from the display. I require the ability to drive full size cans, gapless play in all formats, native DSD, bright screen with a font I can read, plus reliability. I'm not interested in streaming, Spotify etc. . Has anyone here tried the AR M2? Are there other alternatives that don't cost double the price of the QP1R? At the moment, it seems the QP1R is the player with the fewest cons for its price( assuming the shutting off issue is just one of those software glitches), but that screen....

Oh dear, after nearly a month's wait I received my replacement QP1R yesterday after deciding to give it another chance. I was excited and optimistic, and the happy that the scroll wheel actually turned properly! It sounded great on all my headphones, but after less than an hour it shut off, and has now done so 3 times while listening to DSD 64 and 128 files. Perhaps I have just been very unlucky, but I feel that this player promises so much, but in my case fails to deliver. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #3,672 of 4,272

Oh dear, after nearly a month's wait I received my replacement QP1R yesterday after deciding to give it another chance. I was excited and optimistic, and the happy that the scroll wheel actually turned properly! It sounded great on all my headphones, but after less than an hour it shut off, and has now done so 3 times while listening to DSD 64 and 128 files. Perhaps I have just been very unlucky, but I feel that this player promises so much, but in my case fails to deliver.

Check in the System settings --> Idle poweroff that you have disabled that. That feature has not worked properly since firmware 1.0.5, at least not for me.

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #3,675 of 4,272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back