Questyle QP1
Jun 14, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #3,691 of 4,272
I don't think they are going out of business but could be busy. I could be wrong but I don't think too many other makers in this realm update that often. Yes it would be nice but I don't think they're too bad. That said it would be nice if they gave some progress reports as to give users some notice on what's going on.

Not trying to be a super sleuth but @bSquared64 (Questyle) last log in, was 1 day ago. One would think that, with build quality grumblings and questionings of where is this supposed FW update, @bSquared64 would jump in and attempt to quell our concerns. I'm just sayin'

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #3,692 of 4,272
Not trying to be a super sleuth but @bSquared64
 (Questyle) last log in, was 1 day ago. One would think that, with build quality grumblings and questionings of where is this supposed FW update, @bSquared64
would jump in and attempt to quell our concerns. I'm just sayin'

Amen
Big plus on your comment -where are you Questyle?

:popcorn:
Waiting

Jun 15, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #3,693 of 4,272

Not trying to be a super sleuth but @bSquared64 (Questyle) last log in, was 1 day ago. One would think that, with build quality grumblings and questionings of where is this supposed FW update, @bSquared64 would jump in and attempt to quell our concerns. I'm just sayin'

You could PM him on all our behalf.  It may be taking him a while to catch up on all he missed before he responds.
Just sayin'...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 15, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #3,694 of 4,272
  You could PM him on all our behalf.  It may be taking him a while to catch up on all he missed before he responds.
Just sayin'...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I've basically given up, trying to contact Questyle. I've tried multiple times (phone calls and emails), for other issues and really received no useful reply or had any attempt made to help me out. I am not a rabble rouser nor a spokesperson, but I'm confused by the silence, as others have also voiced. The PM address is available to everyone, have at it! As a side note, I'm not stalking, but this is not the first time that @bSquared64 has been logged into in the past weeks. Plenty of time for someone (anyone), to see what's going on in these threads recently and just post "We hear you or we're looking into it or here is an update on our progress", IMHO.  As speculated by another user, maybe all is not well in Questyle Land. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #3,697 of 4,272
I've been trying to find it on the questyle site.  Can you provide a link to the new firmware please?

Thanks GM

I assume you were using mobile access. Try to use laptop/PC to access, go to download then driver. But it is for QP1R

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #3,698 of 4,272
I assume you were using mobile access. Try to use laptop/PC to access, go to download then driver. But it is for QP1R

Oh. I see. I found that. I have a qp1. A few months ago I accidentally updated my qp1 with the qp1r firmware and now I can't reinstall the original so I am pining for the new firmware for the qp1. I don't mind the player booting up saying qp1r but I have all the problems of memory cards being dropped and spontaneous shutdowns. I never had any of those problems before I fixed what wasn't broken. :disappointed:
Bruce suggested I wait and try the new firmware before I ask for a replacement. That was about a month ago when the firmware was about to be released ...

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #3,699 of 4,272
Oh. I see. I found that. I have a qp1. A few months ago I accidentally updated my qp1 with the qp1r firmware and now I can't reinstall the original so I am pining for the new firmware for the qp1. I don't mind the player booting up saying qp1r but I have all the problems of memory cards being dropped and spontaneous shutdowns. I never had any of those problems before I fixed what wasn't broken. :disappointed:
Bruce suggested I wait and try the new firmware before I ask for a replacement. That was about a month ago when the firmware was about to be released ...

You have the original firmware but can't overwrite the QP1R firmware? If not, you could PM Questyle direct via FB if they could send you the original firmware. I am not sure how responsive they are, but probably better than email. I have waited more than 1 week for them to get back to me via email.

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #3,700 of 4,272
  You have the original firmware but can't overwrite the QP1R firmware? If not, you could PM Questyle direct via FB if they could send you the original firmware. I am not sure how responsive they are, but probably better than email. I have waited more than 1 week for them to get back to me via email.

Yea, I got the original firmware from Bruce, it seems to install, but then when it boots up after the install its the same ol' QP1R firmware.  The shutdown issue is not a sitting problem.  sometimes I'll listen for a few hours to a a show (I listen to live concert recording almost exclusively) and no problem then other times the QP1 will shut down after 10 or 15 minutes, usually loosing the flash drive I was using, sometimes both.  It does not seem to be a 16 vs. 24 bit issue, happens on both.  All my files are flac.  As I mentioned in my earlier post (3696) the QP1 was working fine for three or four months (never a single shut-down or dropped card) before I installed the QP1R update.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,701 of 4,272
Sounds to me like it needs to go back for repair if you can't install the original back over it. You would think they would have something in the code that would not allow the install in the first place but I'm no coder so what do I know. Good luck.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #3,702 of 4,272
Sounds to me like it needs to go back for repair if you can't install the original back over it. You would think they would have something in the code that would not allow the install in the first place but I'm no coder so what do I know. Good luck.

Ya, you would. Any programmer programming a device would place checks to ensure at last the device is the correct one for the update.

If there were no checks in place then there should be no reason why the QP1 can't revert back to its QP1 designated firmware if the user mis-installed the QP1R firmware.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #3,703 of 4,272
Ya, you would. Any programmer programming a device would place checks to ensure at last the device is the correct one for the update.

If there were no checks in place then there should be no reason why the QP1 can't revert back to its QP1 designated firmware if the user mis-installed the QP1R firmware.
Ya it just seemed weird to me that you could do it in the first place.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #3,704 of 4,272
Ya it just seemed weird to me that you could do it in the first place.

I'm not really sure who thought it would be "OK" to miss that. Its one of the things I would have brought up in the team. I get it, I can't expect them to get every detail. However, this is a problem that shouldn't have been missed. Hopefully, they do notice it and place safeguards to protect from future incorrect updates.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,705 of 4,272
I'm not really sure who thought it would be "OK" to miss that. Its one of the things I would have brought up in the team. I get it, I can't expect them to get every detail. However, this is a problem that shouldn't have been missed. Hopefully, they do notice it and place safeguards to protect from future incorrect updates.
One would hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back