Questyle QP1
May 29, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3,632 of 4,272
  What is "folder play through?"

It just means playing from one folder-album to the next.  Not necessary maybe, but convenient for users such as myself.  I use the unit sight unseen, and if i'm listening to an artist, i'd prefer not to have to move to the next album manually all the time.  The FiiO x5's addition of this feature was of great convenience.  Granted the QP has tactile feedback which almost negates the dire need for playthrough, but i still want it.

May 29, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3,633 of 4,272
51a9a4ba42de2a64bef50a39add50a15.jpg

The biggest problem the wheel.

precision is not good, poor.

E5553 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

May 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #3,634 of 4,272
I've packed mine up to ship to its new owner. I'll miss it. Great build, wheel is a bit cheesy but was functional for me. Same with the UI. Wonderful sound quality and a really convenient source into an amp. Alas, streaming is a major mode of consumption for me, so I've move to a different solution. Still, while not perfect, the QP1R is pretty darned nice.

May 29, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #3,635 of 4,272
I've packed mine up to ship to its new owner. I'll miss it. Great build, wheel is a bit cheesy but was functional for me. Same with the UI. Wonderful sound quality and a really convenient source into an amp. Alas, streaming is a major mode of consumption for me, so I've move to a different solution. Still, while not perfect, the QP1R is pretty darned nice.

Whether health.

May 29, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #3,636 of 4,272

I am about to do the same.. I am using my ARM2 the most because of streaming Tidai/Spotify

May 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #3,637 of 4,272
Maybe something that a QP2(R) could implement - I must admit that streaming is becoming more and more of my life...

...let's not forget the scaremongering that Apple will stop selling music on iTunes - making it a streaming only service in the next couple of years, that'll force the issue more than anything else.

May 30, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #3,638 of 4,272
I am in a bit of a quandary about this player. I owned it for a very short time, but returned it because it kept shutting off when playing high resolution files and I frequently got messages that it had not been correctly ejected from my Mac. I was pretty impressed with the sound and its ability to drive full size headphones with authority, however, my not so young eyes had difficulty reading the tiny screen, even with glasses. I have looked at alternatives, but they all seem to have some unfortunate drawback. I have considered the Acoustic Research AR M2 which is £200 more than the QP1R and has a bigger, brighter display. However, a recent review on Amazon.uk (there are only 6) also reports an issue of the unit spontaneously switching off, and other reviews mention noise issues from the display. I require the ability to drive full size cans, gapless play in all formats, native DSD, bright screen with a font I can read, plus reliability. I'm not interested in streaming, Spotify etc. . Has anyone here tried the AR M2? Are there other alternatives that don't cost double the price of the QP1R? At the moment, it seems the QP1R is the player with the fewest cons for its price( assuming the shutting off issue is just one of those software glitches), but that screen....

May 30, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #3,639 of 4,272
  I am in a bit of a quandary about this player. I owned it for a very short time, but returned it because it kept shutting off when playing high resolution files and I frequently got messages that it had not been correctly ejected from my Mac. I was pretty impressed with the sound and its ability to drive full size headphones with authority, however, my not so young eyes had difficulty reading the tiny screen, even with glasses. I have looked at alternatives, but they all seem to have some unfortunate drawback. I have considered the Acoustic Research AR M2 which is £200 more than the QP1R and has a bigger, brighter display. However, a recent review on Amazon.uk (there are only 6) also reports an issue of the unit spontaneously switching off, and other reviews mention noise issues from the display. I require the ability to drive full size cans, gapless play in all formats, native DSD, bright screen with a font I can read, plus reliability. I'm not interested in streaming, Spotify etc. . Has anyone here tried the AR M2? Are there other alternatives that don't cost double the price of the QP1R? At the moment, it seems the QP1R is the player with the fewest cons for its price( assuming the shutting off issue is just one of those software glitches), but that screen....

You can try looking at Luxury & Precision L5 Pro or Cowon Plenue D. They have lots of driving power as well.

May 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #3,640 of 4,272

I, for one, haven't had any shut-down problems.  Were you running 1.0.5? 
And not to pick, but is the screen print size necessarily a deal-braker?  I'm just thinking that once you select what you want to listen to, the screen becomes less important in the process.  I'm just trying to give reasons for giving it another chance if, as you say, the QP seems to be the least objectionable alternative, so far.
Also, there's supposed to be an upcoming update to the player, and print size was, if I recall, one of the suggested areas of improvement.  Not trying to tell anybody what to do.  I admit I'm now a fanboy, as this device has gone out of its way to fill in all of my basic checkboxes.

May 30, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #3,641 of 4,272

I, for one, haven't had any shut-down problems.  Were you running 1.0.5? 
And not to pick, but is the screen print size necessarily a deal-braker?  I'm just thinking that once you select what you want to listen to, the screen becomes less important in the process.  I'm just trying to give reasons for giving it another chance if, as you say, the QP seems to be the least objectionable alternative, so far.
Also, there's supposed to be an upcoming update to the player, and print size was, if I recall, one of the suggested areas of improvement.  Not trying to tell anybody what to do.  I admit I'm now a fanboy, as this device has gone out of its way to fill in all of my basic checkboxes.

I really appreciate your reply:), and I am rather leaning towards giving it another try. Its reassuring to hear that the shutting down issue is not a widespread problem. I'm not sure which version software I was running. You make a valid point about the screen, and no, its not a dealbreaker. Custom Cables in the UK, who have been very helpful, were unable to replicate the shutting down issue on the unit I returned, but were willing to send me a new one. And just a little PS:- the other issue I had was that it often dismounted itself from my Mac and I would get the usual warning, that it had not been ejected properly. Best wishes:)

May 31, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #3,643 of 4,272
I'm on version 1.0.5, a month of usage, and mine shut down suddenly twice IIRC. I thought it was the battery out but I turned it on and it switches on like normal again. My files range from 44.1/16 to 96/24 but I haven't noticed whether the shutting down has to do with file format. I'm chalking that up to firmware issues though and will be upgrading it as I go.

May 31, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #3,645 of 4,272
  Mine ejects itself from my MAC too with the usual warnings. Never when I am actively using it but if I let it sit connected after a while that happens, I ignore it now, just replug and go again.

Unless you are actually going to transfer files, why not prevent the drives from mounting on your Mac's desktop, by holding down the home sensor as soon as you see the USB image on your QP1R's screen. The USB image will then be replaced by the Home screen and you can listen and/or charge as long as you like with no warnings. I also manually dismount the drives that I'm not actively transferring files to. So far, no ill effect from the warning message but I just feel more comfortable preventing it from appearing anyway.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back