Questyle QP1
May 31, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #3,646 of 4,272
@ezekiel77, both idle poweroff and sleep option are off?

I'll let you know when I get off work, but IIRC I didn't set them on. Normal days I'd go 2-3 hours without interruption. The 2 shutdowns are mid-song.

May 31, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #3,647 of 4,272

I'll let you know when I get off work, but IIRC I didn't set them on. Normal days I'd go 2-3 hours without interruption. The 2 shutdowns are mid-song.

Have you noticed if the shutdown occurs in the same song and at the same place in the song. If so, I've had luck, deleting and then restoring that song (or whole album). YMMV

May 31, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #3,648 of 4,272

Have you noticed if the shutdown occurs in the same song at the same place in the song. If so, I've had luck, deleting and then restoring that song (or whole album). YMMV

Will take note of the song(s), thanks for the tip!

May 31, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #3,649 of 4,272
Yes that is what I do if I am just going to charge the QP1R. But usually I just use a wallwart for that. When I load music I make a point to manually dismount the drives after I am done. So thanks! But  occasionally I have left it connected and it ejected itself with warnings, but it never seemed to hurt the files. I asked about that earlier in the review thread but never got an explanation of why it ejects itself.

May 31, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #3,650 of 4,272
  Yes that is what I do if I am just going to charge the QP1R. But usually I just use a wallwart for that. When I load music I make a point to manually dismount the drives after I am done. So thanks! But  occasionally I have left it connected and it ejected itself with warnings, but it never seemed to hurt the files. I asked about that earlier in the review thread but never got an explanation of why it ejects itself.

If it's a QP1(R) bug, hopefully it will be squashed in a future(?) FW release. If it's a Mac being a Mac, then it will probably never be fixed. I love Macs but we almost always have to adjust because it's a PC world and Mac support is usually an afterthought.

May 31, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #3,651 of 4,272

Not necessarily explained fully, but more insight with regards to the issue, in the QP1R review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings/1935#post_12619630.

May 31, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #3,652 of 4,272
Only four EST hours left in May and the new firmware rumor will be false.

May 31, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #3,653 of 4,272

If it's a QP1(R) bug, hopefully it will be squashed in a future(?) FW release. If it's a Mac being a Mac, then it will probably never be fixed. I love Macs but we almost always have to adjust because it's a PC world and Mac support is usually an afterthought.

I tend to agree, the perception being Mac users will be using iPhones and iTunes.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #3,656 of 4,272
Moon Audio has a Polymesh Travel Case that they claim is specifically made for the QP1(R). The case offers face protection for the screen and Scroll Wheel. The down side is, you have to remove the player from the case to operate the controls. I guess it's better than nothing, given the recent concerns.

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #3,657 of 4,272
Questyle Since you guys have not delivered the FW update by the end of last month. Please ensure the following is taken into consideration in the new FW release. 

1. When adjusting volume please ensure a slider mechanism at the screen top, just below the battery and volume information, instead of the whole screen being occupied by columns.This is just to ensure that one can see what song is being played and the album cover instead of seeing a huge display where a lot of space is wasted just to show the volume movement. Alternatively you can just ensure no display on the screen except the volume meter number at the top of the screen with the gain, changing depending upon volume variance. You guys should not follow the stupid volume graphic cue from AK and rather implement something sensible. 

2. Alphabetic scrolling. I have requested this several times before, but this seems to be avoided. The functionality of the scroll wheel can have value addition, cause the page up-down is already taken care  of what the scroll wheel actually does right now.

3. Channel balance adjustment option in the setting to manage imbalanced speakers or headphones or any other helpful application. 

4. Deletion of the "Genre" row, as there is no point in dedicating a row for something no one actually uses.

Guys, after using this DAP for 9 months now, I am pretty happy with what the DAP has to offer in terms of sound quality, portability, compatibility with various type of headphones/IEMs and speakers. But in terms of UI and FW options, you guys are not giving a good after sale service. I went back to FW1.02 because after using FW 1.05 for 3 months, I faced a problem of even recognition of files from the browse option. The player stopped recognising existence of files in cards and in its internal memory and when I tried to update the media, it froze with a partially blue screen. I went back to FW 1.02 on moedawg140s suggestion and that was the only way to make the player start working again. This problem was sorted out within hours, but this speaks volumes of the FWs coherence & consistency. I have used one DAP of iBasso before this and in terms of FW they have never disappointed me, as they do periodic and sensible updates. For a player I bought in 2013,the last update I got was in Jan 2016 and the player in terms of functionality has changed immensely.  Granted QP1R is not even a year old. Questyle, if you are listening, please give a real update of what is the FW situation and what changes you guys are implementing. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #3,658 of 4,272
  Questyle Since you guys have not delivered the FW update by the end of last month. Please ensure the following is taken into consideration in the new FW release. 

1. When adjusting volume please ensure a slider mechanism at the screen top, just below the battery and volume information, instead of the whole screen being occupied by columns.This is just to ensure that one can see what song is being played and the album cover instead of seeing a huge display where a lot of space is wasted just to show the volume movement. Alternatively you can just ensure no display on the screen except the volume meter number at the top of the screen with the gain, changing depending upon volume variance. You guys should not follow the stupid volume graphic cue from AK and rather implement something sensible. 

2. Alphabetic scrolling. I have requested this several times before, but this seems to be avoided. The functionality of the scroll wheel can have value addition, cause the page up-down is already taken care  of what the scroll wheel actually does right now.

3. Channel balance adjustment option in the setting to manage imbalanced speakers or headphones or any other helpful application. 

4. Deletion of the "Genre" row, as there is no point in dedicating a row for something no one actually uses.

Guys, after using this DAP for 9 months now, I am pretty happy with what the DAP has to offer in terms of sound quality, portability, compatibility with various type of headphones/IEMs and speakers. But in terms of UI and FW options, you guys are not giving a good after sale service. I went back to FW1.02 because after using FW 1.05 for 3 months, I faced a problem of even recognition of files from the browse option. The player stopped recognising existence of files in cards and in its internal memory and when I tried to update the media, it froze with a partially blue screen. I went back to FW 1.02 on moedawg140s suggestion and that was the only way to make the player start working again. This problem was sorted out within hours, but this speaks volumes of the FWs coherence & consistency. I have used one DAP of iBasso before this and in terms of FW they have never disappointed me, as they do periodic and sensible updates. For a player I bought in 2013,the last update I got was in Jan 2016 and the player in terms of functionality has changed immensely.  Granted QP1R is not even a year old. Questyle, if you are listening, please give a real update of what is the FW situation and what changes you guys are implementing. 

+1.  The player works without any glitches for me, but I'd love to hear what's in line for the next update.
Oh, and by the way, are you going to update the website so we can register our products, finally?  I'm north american and I intend to use the US update whether or not I'm supposed to since there's a small border between us.
It's bad enough HDTracks treats Canadians like desert rats, please don't you guys do that.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #3,659 of 4,272
I use the "Genre" option sometimes, why remove something that isn't causing a problem?. There are menu options I don't use, but someone probably does. 

If the library could update faster that'd be nice. I have 6000+ FLAC files split between 2 cards, and if I add a CD to one of them the update takes around 10mins which is a long time to wait before I can use the DAP again.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #3,660 of 4,272
I use the "Genre" option sometimes, why remove something that isn't causing a problem?. There are menu options I don't use, but someone probably does. 

If the library could update faster that'd be nice. I have 6000+ FLAC files split between 2 cards, and if I add a CD to one of them the update takes around 10mins which is a long time to wait before I can use the DAP again.

Turn the player off. Remove the s.d. card. Do your file transfers. Put the s.d. into the turned off player. Then turn it on. The new files are always visible and playable for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back