Questyle QP1
May 2, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #3,602 of 4,272
Would this be any help getting a bit better sound quality using the optical output instead of the 3.5mm lineout ...

FiiO D3 (D03K)

I haven't personally tried it but I would personally say no since you are still converting into analog via RCA ports instead of going straight through USB with a device like the Mediabridge or stock USB setup.

May 6, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,605 of 4,272

I'll just be glad if they can crack the folder playthrough.

+1!!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 8, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,608 of 4,272
Well, for me, as long as they can make this player a USB DAC, I would be happy because the sound is so good. Of course, I do agree on the 9999 file limit update as well. 3 more weeks to go before the scheduled release of the firmware update. Keeping fingers crossed.

May 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #3,610 of 4,272
Blah just as I recovered from upgrade fever, QP2 gets announced. Seems perfectly timed as recently I've been using my QP1R LO with RSA's SR-71B, albeit single ended output as my balanced cables are coming in the next few weeks.

Hoping source selection is implemented next firmware upgrade so I can use dust caps with headphone output.

May 9, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,611 of 4,272

Anybody knows what this screen is? I turned my qp1r on and this appeared. The touch and physical buttons and power on switch don't seem to work.

Before this, it ran down from 83% to 8% battery in half an hour and shut down indicating low battery when I turned it on. But when I turned it on just now, just this screen appeared. Will it eventually run out of the remaining 8% battery or is there some sort of force shut down method?

May 9, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #3,612 of 4,272
Anybody knows what this screen is? I turned my qp1r on and this appeared. The touch and physical buttons and power on switch don't seem to work.

Before this, it ran down from 83% to 8% battery in half an hour and shut down indicating low battery when I turned it on. But when I turned it on just now, just this screen appeared. Will it eventually run out of the remaining 8% battery or is there some sort of force shut down method?

Hold down the power button for a while (30 seconds or keep holding until the screen turns black/off should do).  This will hard reset the QP1R and you'll be able to turn the QP1R on without issue.

May 9, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #3,613 of 4,272
Has anyone here, been able to successfully purchase, one of the Official Questyle USB Cables? I've called and spoke to Bruce twice but he was unable to take the order over the phone, at that time. I've also left voice mails and sent emails. A person named Ian replied to one of my emails saying he would help me out but nothing ever came of it. I know members here, have had varying degrees of success with third party cables but I would like to, cut to the chase, and get one that Questyle is offering. I've also asked about the scroll wheel plastic film but still nothing. The USB cable, purchase attempts, have been going on for about four months now. It would be easier if these items, were available on the Questyle website and make purchasing more expeditious. I've also tried going through my dealer, Moon Audio, but he knew nothing about specific Questyle USB cables.  

May 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #3,614 of 4,272
Hold down the power button for a while (30 seconds or keep holding until the screen turns black/off should do).  This will hard reset the QP1R and you'll be able to turn the QP1R on without issue.

Unfortunately this doesn't always work for me... Seems like the player is a temperamental child at times....

May 9, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,615 of 4,272
Unfortunately this doesn't always work for me... Seems like the player is a temperamental child at times....

If it doesn't work, I would try it again.  

What I've also done is plug the QP1R to power while hard resetting.  That seems to wake it up as well.

Also, if you haven't, you can update the firmware to 1.0.5.  If you have issues with it, downgrade to 1.0.2.  I still have the 1.0.2 firmware on Google Drive and the link is posted either in this thread or the QP1R review thread.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back