Questyle QP1
Apr 9, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #3,573 of 4,272
I have read most of the reviews on the QP1R both here and elsewhere, and can find few negative comments, apart from a couple of users on Amazon Germany who express frustration over the scroll wheel. I understand this can be alleviated with a screen saver thingy, so a non-issue, I guess? I listen mostly at home using various headphones, such as Sennheiser HD800, Hifiman SE560, Beoplay H6, Ultrasone Signature Pro etc powered by an Oppo HA-1 headphone amp/Dac and Oppo 105D as source. I prefer playing discs, and most of my serious listening is at home, although I do have an iPod Classic for occasional portable use. However, I have made a few tentative forays into computer audio and have downloaded some HD music. I had several attempts to play some DSD tracks in iTunes with the help of Pure Music, but being technically/intellectually challenged gave up in frustration. My Oppo can play DSD via a USB stick, but not gaplessly, and that is a must for me. 
      Sorry about being so long getting to the point...here are my questions:-

1. Would the QP1R be a serious, viable alternative to a dedicated desktop computer/server set-up assuming it is connected via the analogue out? Here I am thinking of playing high res/dsd files.
2. Would it be able drive most of my current headphones almost(or just as) well as my current Oppo equipment?
3. As a portable player, does it actually only sound slightly better than an iPod? Or dramatically better?
4. Would it be unrealistic to expect a performance as satisfying and powerful as my current set-up?
Your honest opinions are very welcome!

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #3,574 of 4,272

1. Would the QP1R be a serious, viable alternative to a dedicated desktop computer/server set-up assuming it is connected via the analogue out? Here I am thinking of playing high res/dsd files.
2. Would it be able drive most of my current headphones almost(or just as) well as my current Oppo equipment?
3. As a portable player, does it actually only sound slightly better than an iPod? Or dramatically better?
4. Would it be unrealistic to expect a performance as satisfying and powerful as my current set-up?
Your honest opinions are very welcome!

1. yes
2. yes
3. dramatically better
4. No, it would not

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3,576 of 4,272
Hi guys, this QP1R looks awesome. Recently I bought the chird mojo to pair with my s6 edge plus, i currently yse a cayin c5 and hifimediy sabre android dac.

However, there was hardly any difference to the sound of my music between both set ups.

I recently ordered better IEM's. Would this questyle be much of a sound quality step up considering I couldnt tell the difference with a mojo?

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #3,577 of 4,272
Hi guys, this QP1R looks awesome. Recently I bought the chird mojo to pair with my s6 edge plus, i currently yse a cayin c5 and hifimediy sabre android dac.

However, there was hardly any difference to the sound of my music between both set ups.

I recently ordered better IEM's. Would this questyle be much of a sound quality step up considering I couldnt tell the difference with a mojo?

You can check out comparisons with other DAP's, Headphones, IEM's and DAC's on the first page of this thread. The Mojo is included in this review thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,578 of 4,272
Ye, in gammarayson post above he asks whether it would be a big sound quality over the nano. Im curious due to the fact the mojo didnt sound no different to me than my usual set up. I read the review in that thread its awesome, cheers. Maybe I would have to demo it due to my experience with mojo

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,579 of 4,272
Can anybody point me in the right direction to get a wheel skin or two? I am unofficially complaining about my retailer to give a crap about after sales relations.  

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3,582 of 4,272
Wow ... check out this extended battery ... wish someone would come up with something like this for the QP1R

http://store.jaben.com/products/x-batt

I've used the equivalent of that from the Jaben booth at CanJam last year - it introduced extra bulk and it was overall very heavy for an "all in one" solution to deal with the not so good battery life of the M.

Ew, adding extra thickness. I'd rather just carry around my battery backup in a backpack and be set.

I agree. The Anker models I use are great bang for the buck in my opinion.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #3,583 of 4,272
I've used the equivalent of that from the Jaben booth at CanJam last year - it introduced extra bulk and it was overall very heavy for an "all in one" solution to deal with the not so good battery life of the M.
I agree. The Anker models I use are great bang for the buck in my opinion.

I love my Anker battery.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,585 of 4,272
Any answer for this? I'm looking for a wheel skin as well. Is one provided with the Questyle or Dignis case?

My Dignis case came with one. You can also email Questyle and I'm sure that they'd be willing to probably send you one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back