Questyle QP1
Apr 3, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #3,556 of 4,272

eBay for screen protectors.  The rest of your inquires are answered here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings#post_11865030.

Awesome. Thanks for the tips about the microUSB cables.

As for the screen protectors and vinyl skins for the scroll wheel, I was unable to find them. Actually a quick Google search came up with nothing. How strange.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #3,557 of 4,272
Awesome. Thanks for the tips about the microUSB cables.

As for the screen protectors and vinyl skins for the scroll wheel, I was unable to find them. Actually a quick Google search came up with nothing. How strange.

No worries. As for not finding screen protectors, just purchase any one that is at least the same size as the QP1/QP1R's screen dimensions and cut to size. As for the skins, not sure, as I explained how to obtain one (at least the specific one that I and others are using that works well for our wants and needs). Good luck.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #3,558 of 4,272
No worries. As for not finding screen protectors, just purchase any one that is at least the same size as the QP1/QP1R's screen dimensions and cut to size. As for the skins, not sure, as I explained how to obtain one (at least the specific one that I and others are using that works well for our wants and needs). Good luck.

It keeps kind of disappointing though. Shoot, seems like every other manufacturer has screen protectors for their TOTL DAPs. I would love it if Questyle came out with a solution for this but I have yet to hear anything about it, so I assume they don't have anything/will have anything.

Oh, well.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #3,559 of 4,272
It keeps kind of disappointing though. Shoot, seems like every other manufacturer has screen protectors for their TOTL DAPs. I would love it if Questyle came out with a solution for this but I have yet to hear anything about it, so I assume they don't have anything/will have anything.

Oh, well.

That's definitely the least of my worries. If I want a screen protector, I purchase the type that I want and cut to size. For my previous DAPs, I found screen protectors for like $1, $2 tops, in the size that I want so I don't even have to cut to size. If I couldn't find one in the size I want, I would cut to size and not even give my screen a second thought. Questyle has already created their own nice fitting and looking leather cases, and would rather them work on other things, such as firmware updates, than a plastic screen protector that anyone can purchase from anywhere for a very inexpensive price.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #3,560 of 4,272
That's definitely the least of my worries. If I want a screen protector, I purchase the type that I want and cut to size. For my previous DAPs, I found screen protectors for like $1, $2 tops, in the size that I want so I don't even have to cut to size. If I couldn't find one in the size I want, I would cut to size and not even give my screen a second thought. Questyle has already created their own nice fitting and looking leather cases, and would rather them work on other things, such as firmware updates, than a plastic screen protector that anyone can purchase from anywhere for a very inexpensive price.

I wholeheartedly agree. With the small amount of changes they add into the firmware over the course of months, I can't help but wonder what is happening. Shame really. If they really take that long, I would expect them to have more stuff in their updates or at least more polish.
A plastic protector is not as hard to make if they were able to push out a case. In fact, it would be more hard to do a case than the protector. They have all the CnC models so it should be relatively easy to mass produce those things. But I'm just rambling, as I know, as you have said, they are working on more important issues.
I worry about my product both inside and out. Since I use my QP1R everywhere I go, I have to make sure it stays safe during travel. At the same time, bad software is just.....bad. Though, I would rather, like you, sacrifice external protection for software improvements.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #3,561 of 4,272
I wholeheartedly agree. With the small amount of changes they add into the firmware over the course of months, I can't help but wonder what is happening. Shame really. If they really take that long, I would expect them to have more stuff in their updates or at least more polish.
A plastic protector is not as hard to make if they were able to push out a case. In fact, it would be more hard to do a case than the protector. They have all the CnC models so it should be relatively easy to mass produce those things. But I'm just rambling, as I know, as you have said, they are working on more important issues.
I worry about my product both inside and out. Since I use my QP1R everywhere I go, I have to make sure it stays safe during travel. At the same time, bad software is just.....bad. Though, I would rather, like you, sacrifice external protection for software improvements.

I agree. I am happy that Questyle at least has been listening and updating as time goes on. I am just a grateful person, not nitpicking at every little thing when it comes to some things where there are solutions. I'm used to much worse in my life, like cutting a lot of weight in a short time for a meet (it's a mind****, trust me), so most things are simply not a concern to me. One of the issues I was really worried about was what I was experiencing with the 1.0.4 update where it was difficult to get the QP1R working correctly, that was troubling to me. Glad that the update has fixed that issue. No device is perfect, but glad that they are updating, albeit as time goes on. Looking forward to pairing the custom UERR to the QP1R soon...

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #3,562 of 4,272
I agree. I am happy that Questyle at least has been listening and updating as time goes on. I am just a grateful person, not nitpicking at every little thing when it comes to some things where there are solutions. I'm used to much worse in my life, like cutting a lot of weight in a short time for a meet (it's a mind****, trust me), so most things are simply not a concern to me. One of the issues I was really worried about was what I was experiencing with the 1.0.4 update where it was difficult to get the QP1R working correctly, that was troubling to me. Glad that the update has fixed that issue. No device is perfect, but glad that they are updating, albeit as time goes on. Looking forward to pairing the custom UERR to the QP1R soon...

Gratz on being able to lose the weight man! I try not to nitpick, but sometimes I'll revert to my old OCD mindset. Luckily, the v.1.0.5 update is super stable and I haven't had any problems. Having a nice screen protector, like glass or some polyurethane-based material, with a nice vinyl for the wheel would make it perfect in the physical department.

While, I hate it takes them so long to release updates which don't seem to have very much in them, I have no knowledge of their programming team that handles the project. I notice the lack of polish, like wording and capitalizations within the menu, and it annoys me as I am sensitive to that stuff. Even when I write code, my menu and other public interfaces have to be nice looking. Though, I do enjoy the fact that they are adding features without introducing bugs or some pretty serious errors.

Thanks for comparing the Mojo to the QP1R. I was eagerly awaiting that review.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #3,563 of 4,272
Gratz on being able to lose the weight man! I try not to nitpick, but sometimes I'll revert to my old OCD mindset. Luckily, the v.1.0.5 update is super stable and I haven't had any problems. Having a nice screen protector, like glass or some polyurethane-based material, with a nice vinyl for the wheel would make it perfect in the physical department.

While, I hate it takes them so long to release updates which don't seem to have very much in them, I have no knowledge of their programming team that handles the project. I notice the lack of polish, like wording and capitalizations within the menu, and it annoys me as I am sensitive to that stuff. Even when I write code, my menu and other public interfaces have to be nice looking. Though, I do enjoy the fact that they are adding features without introducing bugs or some pretty serious errors.

Thanks for comparing the Mojo to the QP1R. I was eagerly awaiting that review.

Cutting weight is just a fact of life if you are really competitive. I never advise my students do it, unless they know their bodies very well and are highly competitive (at least C.I.F./Masters/State, etc. level). 5 pounds difference between two competitve opponents can be a lot of weight. But yes, it totally sucks, it's one of the worst feelings you can go through, and you can get in the worst bind ever (death) if you overdue it past the point your body can handle.

I totally get your point with the capitalizations and such. So much that when I write the settings in the review, I may say "verbatim" because I don't want anyone to think that I misspelled or didn't capitalize certain settings correctly - no, it is usually their "wrongdoing" with regards to not making the settings uniformily capitalized and punctuated.

Thanks for the kind words with regards to the Mojo and QP1R comparison, I hope it was positively useful to you and everyome who read it. The Mojo is a unique device, but I don't see its use if you desire the utmost in sound quality, at least to my ears. As others have mentioned, they (and I) don't hear the benefits enough for me to want to stack it over my iPhone 6 and TIDAL on its own. I actually see more usefulness and versatility with a paired product such as the iFi Audio iCAN Micro SE, especially with the options at its disposal, such as the XBass switches - I simply adore them!

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #3,564 of 4,272
Cutting weight is just a fact of life if you are really competitive. I never advise my students do it, unless they know their bodies very well and are highly competitive (at least C.I.F./Masters/State, etc. level). 5 pounds difference between two competitve opponents can be a lot of weight. But yes, it totally sucks, it's one of the worst feelings you can go through, and you can get in the worst bind ever (death) if you overdue it past the point your body can handle.

I totally get your point with the capitalizations and such. So much that when I write the settings in the review, I may say "verbatim" because I don't want anyone to think that I misspelled or didn't capitalize certain settings correctly - no, it is usually their "wrongdoing" with regards to not making the settings uniformily capitalized and punctuated.

Thanks for the kind words with regards to the Mojo and QP1R comparison, I hope it was positively useful to you and everyome who read it. The Mojo is a unique device, but I don't see its use if you desire the utmost in sound quality, at least to my ears. As others have mentioned, they (and I) don't hear the benefits enough for me to want to stack it over my iPhone 6 and TIDAL on its own. I actually see more usefulness and versatility with a paired product such as the iFi Audio iCAN Micro SE, especially with the options at its disposal, such as the XBass switches - I simply adore them!

Wish the obese Americans would take that to heart. Though, if I wasn't Asian with high metabolism I would be in the same boat. Though, I do longboard and have recently started repairs on my dad's old Chome-Moly bike. I noticed women specifically seem to beat themselves up for having like 15%+ body fat, when they don't understand their bodies require the higher fat to maintain their hormone and chemical processes. But its really nice to see obese and fit people working out together. There I go rambling again.

The punctuation and capitalizations are easy to fix as those hardly take any sort of time. Seriously, its like the easiest thing they could do in terms of firmware. However, I would rather have features that don't introduce bugs and have descriptions that are at least useful than nitpicking about those. While, yes it annoys me heavily, I won't try to beat the dead horse as I am sure Questyle and Bruce understand.

I actually got to demo the Mojo from Peter (Double Helix Cables), whom set me them to demo over the week, and I was surprised. It sounds pretty good and can push some pretty hardcore stuff. However, I always had the feeling that the Mojo just wasn't as good as the QP1R. Not sure if it was just me thinking it or the result was actually there. Either way, I enjoyed the Mojo and definitely would buy it but not if I had to trade in my QP1R. I never really had a problem with RFI from my phone. Though, I need to find a good DAC & Amp combo for one of my buddies who makes EDM. I was thinking an ODAC would be awesome for him since the price is super cheap, considering the options, and its a nice place to start.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #3,565 of 4,272
Wish the obese Americans would take that to heart. Though, if I wasn't Asian with high metabolism I would be in the same boat. Though, I do longboard and have recently started repairs on my dad's old Chome-Moly bike. I noticed women specifically seem to beat themselves up for having like 15%+ body fat, when they don't understand their bodies require the higher fat to maintain their hormone and chemical processes. But its really nice to see obese and fit people working out together. There I go rambling again.

The punctuation and capitalizations are easy to fix as those hardly take any sort of time. Seriously, its like the easiest thing they could do in terms of firmware. However, I would rather have features that don't introduce bugs and have descriptions that are at least useful than nitpicking about those. While, yes it annoys me heavily, I won't try to beat the dead horse as I am sure Questyle and Bruce understand.

I actually got to demo the Mojo from Peter (Double Helix Cables), whom set me them to demo over the week, and I was surprised. It sounds pretty good and can push some pretty hardcore stuff. However, I always had the feeling that the Mojo just wasn't as good as the QP1R. Not sure if it was just me thinking it or the result was actually there. Either way, I enjoyed the Mojo and definitely would buy it but not if I had to trade in my QP1R. I never really had a problem with RFI from my phone. Though, I need to find a good DAC & Amp combo for one of my buddies who makes EDM. I was thinking an ODAC would be awesome for him since the price is super cheap, considering the options, and its a nice place to start.

Ooh, I'm definitely not going there with regards to commenting about women -- I love y'all! :bigsmile_face:

I think a pretty darn good DAC/amp that's competitively priced is the CEntrance DACport Slim - and it can power harder to drive headphones well, even more so than the QP1R. Not as resolute as the iCAN Micro SE or m9XX, but is very competent in its price point.

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #3,566 of 4,272
Ooh, I'm definitely not going there with regards to commenting about women -- I love y'all!
bigsmile_face.gif

I think a pretty darn good DAC/amp that's competitively priced is the CEntrance DACport Slim - and it can power harder to drive headphones well, even more so than the QP1R. Not as resolute as the iCAN Micro SE or m9XX, but is very competent in its price point.

Haha 
biggrin.gif

I'll have to take a look at those DAC/Amp, so I can pass the recommendation to my buddy.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #3,570 of 4,272
Can anybody tell me why I'm unable to play a track longer than 8minutes as it freezes then jumps the track is 11 minutes long,Thanks

This may be related to a problem I had where, in my case, certain files would just cause the QP1R to crash during play. What worked for me was to delete the Album or file from the QP1R and then copy it back again. Even though, from your description, your player doesn't crash, it may still solve your problem anyway. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back