Questyle QP1
Mar 28, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #3,526 of 4,272

I was impressed with its size after seeing it in person. I can see why people stack it with older AK players.

The few hours I have spent with it, I am quite impressed. It sounds quite nice. I like it. Like you, I understand its purpose and quality to pair it with devices because of its size. Makes my S7 sound better anyways.

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #3,527 of 4,272
Reporting back on my thoughts, I can agree with what someone said about the QP1R sounding better. The music seems more engaging and detailed to me. I hear this especially on heavy metal 320kbps MP3, which have some pretty heavy instrument action. Something about the sound makes me feel like I can go out and take on the world so long as the music is playing.
It might be some heavy psycho-acoustics going on in my comparison. While I say all this, the Mojo is a pretty badass product in its own right. So much so that I would recommend it as a product to my EDM-maker buddy.
For anything else, as in portable audio, the QP1R still takes the cake. Still waiting for a product that provides anything close to the experience I get from the QP1R or even providing a similar price to performance ratio.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,530 of 4,272

Today (4/1) may not be the best day to ask that. :wink:

I heard the scroll wheel works perfectly every time 
redface.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #3,532 of 4,272
Hi guys, I just got myself a QP1R and noticed this peculiar thing:

I have a sandisk ultra 128GB card that I formatted within the player, and then I copied my music files over. The player was able to read all the files. However once the player shuts down and is restarted, it will not recognize the card. If I go to browse file option, it would say Not Found. I need to remove and insert the card back in for the player to read the files again.

I have tried to format the card using FAT32 and exFat but the results are the same. I have another sandisk 128GB card which is showing the same behavior. However, I have a 64GB card and it is behaving ok - player was able to read and load the card after restarting.

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this? Is this likely a faulty player?

Appreciate any insights! 

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #3,533 of 4,272
Hi guys, I just got myself a QP1R and noticed this peculiar thing:

I have a sandisk ultra 128GB card that I formatted within the player, and then I copied my music files over. The player was able to read all the files. However once the player shuts down and is restarted, it will not recognize the card. If I go to browse file option, it would say Not Found. I need to remove and insert the card back in for the player to read the files again.

I have tried to format the card using FAT32 and exFat but the results are the same. I have another sandisk 128GB card which is showing the same behavior. However, I have a 64GB card and it is behaving ok - player was able to read and load the card after restarting.

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this? Is this likely a faulty player?

Appreciate any insights! 

I've had the same problem, on occasion. In my case, it's always tf2. As you said, a reboot fixes the problem, until the next occurrence.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,534 of 4,272
I've had the same problem, on occasion. I my case, it's always tf2. As you said, a reboot fixes the problem, until the next occurrence.

A reboot does not fix the problem, rather it causes the problem to appear as after rebooting the unit no longer is able to read the card. I need to eject and insert the card for the unit to read the contents again. 

I have informed my dealer in Singapore and he said he will write to Questyle about it. I hope this is resolvable thru software... 

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #3,535 of 4,272
  A reboot does not fix the problem, rather it causes the problem to appear as after rebooting the unit no longer is able to read the card. I need to eject and insert the card for the unit to read the contents again. 

I have informed my dealer in Singapore and he said he will write to Questyle about it. I hope this is resolvable thru software... 

Sorry that I misread your solution. Does your problem happen on one or both slots?

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #3,537 of 4,272
  No problem. It happens to both slots, and so far it seems only happens to 128GB cards. My 64GB card is ok.

Both of my cards are Sandisk 128GB. At one point, I swapped the card locations and thought that solved the problem but then it reoccurred and again, just tf2. Is your 64GB card also a Sandisk? 

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #3,540 of 4,272
The 64gb is another brand. Strontium. Is yours consistently displaying this behavior or intermittently?

It's intermittent. I can go weeks with no problem and then for no apparent reason, the card in tf2 can't be read. I also do recall that a few times, the only way to remedy the problem was to remove the card and then reinsert. Most times a reboot is all that is necessary. It's a mystery because there are no moving parts, so maybe it is a FW bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back