Questyle QP1
Mar 24, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #3,511 of 4,272
  I'm actually curious how the QP1R compares to the Chord Mojo. Any comparisons?

Coming in the near future - be on the lookout for an update on the QP1R review thread.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #3,513 of 4,272
I'm actually curious how the QP1R compares to the Chord Mojo. Any comparisons?

Aside from the fact that they're obviously very different devices, and the Mojo has a slightly lower (but still noticeable) noise floor with my se846, in terms of sound quality, I prefer the QP1R. (The Mojo is also susceptible to really horrible RF interference, which I have never experienced with the QP1R.) I'm frankly scratching my head at all the accolades the Mojo is receiving. I honestly don't understand it. To my ears, its sound quality isn't that much better than my smartphone.

P.S. I know moedawg is going to be much more diplomatic than me in his response! :smiley:

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #3,514 of 4,272
Aside from the fact that they're obviously very different devices, and the Mojo has a slightly lower (but still noticeable) noise floor with my se846, in terms of sound quality, I prefer the QP1R. (The Mojo is also susceptible to really horrible RF interference, which I have never experienced with the QP1R.) I'm frankly scratching my head at all the accolades the Mojo is receiving. I honestly don't understand it. To my ears, its sound quality isn't that much better than my smartphone.

P.S. I know moedawg is going to be much more diplomatic than me in his response! :smiley:

Wow. That's quite saying a lot. I appreciate the input though man. I noticed that I can get interference when I place my phone against my QP1R. While its faint, I can definitely hear it. Which is why I am in the process of shaping both one carbon fiber and one G10 backplate. Maybe if it turns out nice enough, I could make some money from handcrafting these. Probably not.

Either way, I like what I am hearing about the QP1R being better in the sound department. I have yet to meet anything that sounds better or even just as good. I tested the Sony ZX2 and Sony PHA-3 at a Best Buy 30 minutes from my house. Neither of them get anywhere close to the QP1R.

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3,515 of 4,272
Wow. That's quite saying a lot. I appreciate the input though man. I noticed that I can get interference when I place my phone against my QP1R. While its faint, I can definitely hear it. Which is why I am in the process of shaping both one carbon fiber and one G10 backplate. Maybe if it turns out nice enough, I could make some money from handcrafting these. Probably not.

Either way, I like what I am hearing about the QP1R being better in the sound department. I have yet to meet anything that sounds better or even just as good. I tested the Sony ZX2 and Sony PHA-3 at a Best Buy 30 minutes from my house. Neither of them get anywhere close to the QP1R.

Since I got my QP1R my Mojo sits unused gathering dust.
It's a fine sounding DAC / amp but QP1R is so much more dynamic.
Alabama Shakes 24 bit on QP1R sound amazing. On Mojo they just sound great.

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #3,517 of 4,272
Not real thrilled about just taking my QP1R out of the cloth bag to look at it every once and a while. Waiting to get my 846's back from Shure and have no other headphones to use. But looking at it and remembering how good it sounds to almost the same, isn't it?  lol

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #3,520 of 4,272
  Has anyone used their QP1R in their car? Using Line-Out? 3.5mm line out

What did you set your line-out volume to? adjustable or maximum

I used it set at max.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #3,522 of 4,272
  QP1R vs Mojo is a tough one to peg. Playing the same tracks with my Ether I prefer the QP1R. When listening to the KSE1500 I found myself preferring the DAC in the Mojo to the QP1R's output. For me the headphone determines which I prefer.

How interesting. Both are very fantastic devices. I got a unit to demo from Double Helix Cables. So I am currently demoing the Mojo. I would like to hear more takes on the two devices though.

My testing:
Samsung S7 + Mojo           VS            QP1R

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #3,523 of 4,272
  How interesting. Both are very fantastic devices. I got a unit to demo from Double Helix Cables. So I am currently demoing the Mojo. I would like to hear more takes on the two devices though.

My testing:
Samsung S7 + Mojo           VS            QP1R

Down with stacks, the best is the one you like the most. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #3,524 of 4,272

Down with stacks, the best is the one you like the most. 
wink_face.gif

Agreed. I love both of them a lot though. I can carry either without too much problem. I run around with a leg pouch so I always have my audio with me. Though, I do like knowing I can use the Mojo for both my phone and computer.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #3,525 of 4,272
  Agreed. I love both of them a lot though. I can carry either without too much problem. I run around with a leg pouch so I always have my audio with me. Though, I do like knowing I can use the Mojo for both my phone and computer.

I was impressed with its size after seeing it in person. I can see why people stack it with older AK players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back