Questyle QP1
Apr 22, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #3,587 of 4,272
The QP1's (not QP1R) 1.0.4 firmware update is being tested by Gary and Bruce right now, and should available for download on Questyle's site in the near future (more than likely next week).

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #3,589 of 4,272
Maybe I missed it going through the first 239 pages, but does anyone have body dimensions for the QP1R?

QP1R Specifications at the end of the QP1R review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #3,591 of 4,272
Ok .. I tried it .. using the QP1R's line-out in my car ... why doesn't it sound as good as a USB connected ipod?

I'm a little disappointed ...

2011 Honda CRV EX with the premium radio (just below the one with a navigation screen)

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #3,592 of 4,272
Ok .. I tried it .. using the QP1R's line-out in my car ... why doesn't it sound as good as a USB connected ipod?

I'm a little disappointed ...

2011 Honda CRV EX with the premium radio (just below the one with a navigation screen)

Based on my car audio experience, the AUX connection doesn't sound as good as an USB connection. Even though my vehicle came with AUX standard, it didn't sound as good as when I used my iPhone with my installed Mediabridge that uses USB straight through the radio/entertainment console.

May 1, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #3,595 of 4,272
Can anyone read this? It mentions questyles qp2 model ... Just want to know what they are saying:
http://www.phileweb.com/sp/news/d-av/201604/30/38748.html

According to Google Translate:

"Steve said was a top priority when designing the "QP1R there is a "sound quality." So the operating surface is somewhat sacrificed part. Looking at the board, one-third of the internal circuit amplifier circuit occupies. distortion rate is also very low. QP1R is, from ordinary DAP had said I want you to think of "as different things. It should be noted that the implementation schedule for the latest firmware updates for QP1R at the end of May. After that, it is so there is also an update that will let further use the machine as a stand-alone DAC.
And, DAP "QP2" in the development, appearance is a common 1, but only in the color silver. The big difference is the point corresponding to the balanced output, that it includes a "questyle link" function. Optional dock that also supports wireless play in (will be announced at CES). Price is 599 dollars, slightly affordable than QP1R. Sound trend, "than listen fun and your favorite music is young people" in dynamic than QP1R thing with (Steve).

In addition, this announcement has been stationary headphone amplifier "CMA800R" has adopted a current mode amplifier technology. It has become a pure Class-A operating circuit according to all-discrete transistor. 0.00038% distortion rate in the standard stereo mode, 0.00026% in mono mode. Mono full balance functions that are mounted. Prepare the Gold Edition and Silver Edition. Gold Edition only, are using the Rogers of ceramic printed circuit board to a printed circuit board."

May 1, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #3,596 of 4,272
If I read correctly, a firmware update to make QP1R as standalone DAC would be interesting and something for me to really look forward to. Also QP2R with balanced output is also a killer feature in my opinion. I wonder how the current good sound would be enhanced with balanced output!

May 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #3,597 of 4,272
Odd that they have confirmed via US rep DAC function is not feasible due to hardware limitation. Anyway, will see how it turns out.

May 1, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,599 of 4,272
  Odd that they have confirmed via US rep DAC function is not feasible due to hardware limitation. Anyway, will see how it turns out.

I was thinking the same thing. Don't really care as this is one badass DAP. I have a DAC so no big deal.

May 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,600 of 4,272
Based on my car audio experience, the AUX connection doesn't sound as good as an USB connection. Even though my vehicle came with AUX standard, it didn't sound as good as when I used my iPhone with my installed Mediabridge that uses USB straight through the radio/entertainment console.

Would this be any help getting a bit better sound quality using the optical output instead of the 3.5mm lineout ...

FiiO D3 (D03K)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back