Questyle QP1
Mar 2, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #106 of 4,272
http://theaudiotraveler.com/2015/01/24/ces-2015-questyle-brings-cool-tech-to-portable-players/

I'm becoming increasingly optimistic about the QP1 Pro - really looking forward to hearing it.

Now, look very carefully at the images below - do you notice anything that wasn't obvious in the CES photos, on page 1 of this thread?

...did you see it?

Look at the center of the scrollwheel. So now we finally know that there is a hardware Play/Pause button.

That's a relief, for those of us who need to operate the DAP in our pocket, without having to switch-on the screen to visually navigate a software play-pause actuator.

BTW, Questyle is pronounced like QUESTyle, not Que-Style
biggrin.gif
   (yeah, I've been saying it wrong, too! LOL)

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #109 of 4,272
Interesting....hope to see this soon in Europe!!!

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #111 of 4,272
That's iPod classic UI !

Yeah, I noticed that, too, but I was being polite to not mention the elephant in the room!
wink_face.gif

Might just be a mock-up graphic, or... maybe it really is a Linux mimic of iPod Classic firmware (which would suit me just fine - I actually really like the iPod Classic firmware - especially the great playlist functionality)

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #112 of 4,272

Yeah, I noticed that, too, but I was being polite to not mention the elephant in the room!
wink_face.gif

Might just be a mock-up graphic, or... maybe it really is a Linux mimic of iPod Classic firmware (which would suit me just fine - I actually really like the iPod Classic firmware - especially the great playlist functionality)

Ah!  Hope so.  The classic had an easy-to-remember treeview system.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #114 of 4,272
  Hi guys,
Estimated release date?
Maybe april?

I'd really like to see some more direct input, from the horses mouth, from the Questyle team, in this thread (and the same goes for Soundaware, in their Esther DAP thread)

All I can see, thus far, in relation to your question, Mistyc, is the following:

/img/forum/go_quote.gif
"...general availability in late April, possibly including an upgraded screen. We’ll have to wait and see on that — but not long, as Bruce plans to show fully-funcitonal pre-shipping units at CanJam SoCal in late March out in Newport Beach, CA."

but obviously, that estimate may no longer be accurate, such has been the silence from Questyle, in the past several days.

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #115 of 4,272

Hey guys!

Sorry for our absence from the thread, we've been super busy getting everything ready for CanJam SoCal 2015!

For CanJam 2015, in the Questyle booth we will have fully functioning pre-production prototypes of both the QP1 & QP1R for you to see and hear, as well as a new little surprise!! We will also be accepting preorders at the show and expect to be shipping preorders towards the end of April, with all others to follow beginning in June.

Just to let you all know, for CanJam, we will have both a booth and a room!

The Questyle Audio booth will also be showcasing our entire line of award winning Personal Audio products, including, the CMA800R "Current Mode" headphone amplifier, the CMA800i Current Mode AMP/True DSD DAC all in one unit, the Q192 24/192 DAC/AMP budget combo unit, and our CAS192D stand alone “True DSD” DAC! All cables and accessories will be provided by AnnaLyric Products!

In the Questyle Audio Room, we will be demonstrating our critically acclaimed Audiophile 5G Wireless audio system, featuring our R100, 200wpc mono blocks, and T2, Line Stage/Transmitter, driving the phenomenal Mythology M1 Hybrid-Electrostatic full range speaker system from Enigma Acoustics! All cables, power cords, will be via AnnaLyric Products!

We are really looking forward to CanJam and hope to see you there!

Team Questyle :L3000:

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Mar 22, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #118 of 4,272
Yes Mython, both the QP1 & QP1R have playlist support.

Thankyou.

1) Multiple playlists, or just one?

2) Can playlists be created on the DAP, or must they be created using a computer (e.g. .m3u), and then transferred to the DAP?

3) Is the number of tracks per playlist limited or infinite?  (within reason, of course)

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #120 of 4,272
Any impressions from CanJam SoCal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back