Questyle QP1
Jan 31, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #46 of 4,272
Actually, the Output Impedance is less than 0.5 ohms! That means a Damping Factor of greater than 600!!

Due to our patented Current Mode amplification technology, and a Full Class A circuit design, implemented utilizing all discrete circuitry (that’s transistors, capacitors and resistors as opposed to an off the shelf IC chip), we are able to achieve some pretty mind blowing results!! In initial testing, It has shown very strong control capability, especially with the hard to drive headphones. It will drive virtually any headphone or IEM on the planet, from 16--600ohm with no problem whatsoever!!
atsmile.gif

These teasers are driving me mad (in a positive way)
biggrin.gif

I'm very curious how the sq of the QP1 will hold up to that of the QP1R. Will it be worth the extra $300 in the end?
Exciting times for dap lovers...

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #48 of 4,272
Lol...great scene/movie indeed!
Posted by Ponty Mython?
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #49 of 4,272
One of the big reasons why I'm excited about (Actually the only one) this DAP is actually that exact reason of the current amp part.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #51 of 4,272
Actually, the Output Impedance is less than 0.5 ohms! That means a Damping Factor of greater than 600!!

Due to our patented Current Mode amplification technology, and a Full Class A circuit design, implemented utilizing all discrete circuitry (that’s transistors, capacitors and resistors as opposed to an off the shelf IC chip), we are able to achieve some pretty mind blowing results!! In initial testing, It has shown very strong control capability, especially with the hard to drive headphones. It will drive virtually any headphone or IEM on the planet, from 16--600ohm with no problem whatsoever!! :atsmile:

And what about planar headphones?

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #52 of 4,272

I'm pretty sure that's a non issue, the current amp is considered to be the best for planar magnetic headphones, now in a portable form XD

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #53 of 4,272
I'm pretty sure that's a non issue, the current amp is considered to be the best for planar magnetic headphones, now in a portable form XD

Hmmm, that's good news. I have a LCD2, which I like to use portable (DX90/X5 + amp) sometimes. Not leaving the house with that one though
tongue.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #54 of 4,272

Due to our patented Current Mode amplification technology, and a Full Class A circuit design, implemented utilizing all discrete circuitry (that’s transistors, capacitors and resistors as opposed to an off the shelf IC chip), we are able to achieve some pretty mind blowing results!! In initial testing, It has shown very strong control capability, especially with the hard to drive headphones. It will drive virtually any headphone or IEM on the planet, from 16--600ohm with no problem whatsoever!!
atsmile.gif

@Questyle: just curious, does this description count for both models or for QP1R only?

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #55 of 4,272

XVampireX is absolutely correct, it's a non issue! Planar headphones is an area where Current Mode and Questyle really shine! One of the headphones used in designing the DAP's was the LCD3.

The description counts for both models.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Feb 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #56 of 4,272
XVampireX is absolutely correct, it's a non issue! Planar headphones is an area where Current Mode and Questyle really shine! One of the headphones used in designing the DAP's was the LCD3.

The description counts for both models.

Aaaaaand................ Color me interested! :D

Thanks

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #57 of 4,272
Questile, a couple of questions.
1.  From the 1st page, the QP is a LinX-based player.  But you also mention "keyboard and steering wheel."   I'm confused as to whether it's touchscreen or good ol' controls.  (Sorry to keep harping,guys)
2.  Could you briefly explain the advantage of a current amp over traditional amps?  I only ask because your 2XmicroSD configuration has me more than half-sold already.
Thanks,

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #58 of 4,272
@Questyle:does this device include wifi with the ability to use streaming services such as tidal etc? Thanks

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #59 of 4,272
@Questyle:does this device include wifi with the ability to use streaming services such as tidal etc? Thanks

Thankfully, no.

This is a purist offline-file player with no Wi-fi.

For Wi-fi-capable players, you could consider:

Fiio X7
Sony ZX2
Echobox X1
Meizu MX4 Pro (but no expandable memory)

Or, of course, the Ipod Touch

+ plenty of other options entering the market

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #60 of 4,272
Thankfully, no.

This is a purist offline-file player with no Wi-fi.

For Wi-fi-capable players, you could consider:

Fiio X7
Sony ZX2
Echobox X1
Meizu MX4 Pro (but no expandable memory)

Or, of course, the Ipod Touch

+ plenty of other options entering the market

Ah well I'll still buy this little thing anyway..could spell the end of my dx90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back