Questyle QP1
Jan 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #3,241 of 4,272
beerchug.gif
love pink Floyd! on the Qp1r! and Alan parsons project too!
gs1000.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #3,243 of 4,272
  any status updates regarding removal of 5,800 song limit and implementation of "album artist" for library?
Can the scroll wheel issues be addressed through firmware? (FiiO made big improvements on the X5II through firmware update)

Can we ask the employee(s) from Questyle reading this thread to just give James at FiiO a call and ask him how they fixed the 5,800 limit?

Both FiiO and Questyle (and others) use the same code-base for the chip they are using. I'm sure it is just a matter of editing one or two lines of code.

As much as I want to throw money at Questyle for the QP1 or QP1R, I can't get past some of the issues people are having, including the song limit. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,244 of 4,272
Jan 29, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,245 of 4,272
Bruce, if I could vote for one improvement in a future firmware it would be for more fine-grained control over scrubbing forward or backward through a track. (Perhaps the wheel could be used here?)

Currently, the rewind/forward is a function of the time the buttons are pressed as a fraction of the total track time. This is fine in shorter tracks, but makes things difficult for Yes and Pink Floyd epics :wink: Trying to time a very short button press usually ends up with me inadvertently selecting the previous or following track instead.

Definitely worth the thought.  I was listening to War of the Worlds, wanted to move back a bit and found myself near the begining of the album, (ripped as 1).  Maybe, if one was to hold down the middle button for a given number of seconds, you could engage the wheel for scrolling through a track.  Is that possible?

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,247 of 4,272
Definitely worth the thought.  I was listening to War of the Worlds, wanted to move back a bit and found myself near the begining of the album, (ripped as 1).  Maybe, if one was to hold down the middle button for a given number of seconds, you could engage the wheel for scrolling through a track.  Is that possible?

Fine-grained scrubbing with the wheel would be cool, but for starters it would be enough if the scrubbing speed started at a slower rate (independent of track length) and increased the longer you held the forward/rewind button. What do you think Bruce? Any chance of this happening?

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #3,249 of 4,272
Fine-grained scrubbing with the wheel would be cool, but for starters it would be enough if the scrubbing speed started at a slower rate (independent of track length) and increased the longer you held the forward/rewind button. What do you think Bruce? Any chance of this happening?

Sounds like fun to me! :wink: I will forward your request to the code monkeys writing the firmware. I am not sure if they can add it or not, but I agree, it would be most useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back