Questyle QP1
Jan 30, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #3,257 of 4,272
Very interested in this DAP, thanks for all of the great information. The thread is lengthy at this point so 3 questions with apologies if the answers are covered and I missed 'em:

1) Can the DAP also function as a USB DAC for PC?
2) Will this support digital output to an external DAC?
3) Is QP1R sonically superior to the less pricey QP1 or is the main difference internal storage amount?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #3,258 of 4,272
  Very interested in this DAP, thanks for all of the great information. The thread is lengthy at this point so 3 questions with apologies if the answers are covered and I missed 'em:

1) Can the DAP also function as a USB DAC for PC?
2) Will this support digital output to an external DAC?
3) Is QP1R sonically superior to the less pricey QP1 or is the main difference internal storage amount?

Thanks!

1.No
2.Yes
3. Yes, the reference version is more refined in overall SQ compared to the QP1. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3,259 of 4,272
  1.No
2.Yes
3. Yes, the reference version is more refined in overall SQ compared to the QP1. 

Appreciate the clear and helpful (albeit not wallet pleasing) answers. Thanks, xEcuToR.

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #3,260 of 4,272
I heard the QP1R at Headroom today, really liked it quite a bit, very airy and detailed, with good bass and sweet mids. Only source along with the mojo that impressed me - the XDP-100R was there too but to me it sounded not much better than what I get out of my iP6

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #3,262 of 4,272
I own both QP1R and DXP1 (the higher end version to the XDP-100R). Based on SE, QP1R is definitely sounding better. More musicality, more refined and clearer music separation with a nice sound stage.

What about if compared with the balanced out of the DXP1?

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #3,263 of 4,272
  What about if compared with the balanced out of the DXP1?

They are not fair comparison since QP1R does not have balanced out. That said, the DPX1 balanced out is sonically better than the QP1R because of the balanced implementation - you get a much wider soundstage and depth to the music which QP1R does not offer. So buy the DPX1 if you want the balanced implementation but QP1R SE mode is very musically engaging itself. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #3,264 of 4,272
They are not fair comparison since QP1R does not have balanced out. That said, the DPX1 balanced out is sonically better than the QP1R because of the balanced implementation - you get a much wider soundstage and depth to the music which QP1R does not offer. So buy the DPX1 if you want the balanced implementation but QP1R SE mode is very musically engaging itself. 

I don't own either DAP, but balanced output alone doesn't make a piece of gear wonderful. There are many SE implementations that sound very fine, even compared to gear that has a balanced topology.

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #3,265 of 4,272

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #3,266 of 4,272
I heard the QP1R at Headroom today, really liked it quite a bit, very airy and detailed, with good bass and sweet mids. Only source along with the mojo that impressed me - the XDP-100R was there too but to me it sounded not much better than what I get out of my iP6 Strange I didn't like this at the London cj,but now I'm a believer I tried the AK range,pioneer,lotto gold,5000 and the Qpr1 was the best sq with my heir 10s just a shame about the ui

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #3,268 of 4,272
bSquared64

Is there any update on a FW update? The honeymoon has ended and the two, somewhat major flaws, really detract from the total enjoyment of the QP1R. Those being the 5800 file cap and the inability to find any useful way to use Play By Category > Artist, when you have more than one Album per Artist. I have about 15,000 songs and many Artist with multiple Albums and the current limitations, make navigating more of a chore than it should be. I'm sure attempts are being made to correct these flaws but a rough approximation of the next FW update, would make the wait a little more tolerable, IMO. Given all, I have no regrets purchasing the QP1R. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #3,269 of 4,272
I must agree in total of the  last post.  Those are the two points in my mind.  It has been months, still counting, since we were told a firmware update would be coming "soon."  The 5800 song limit is so bothersome trying to navigate.  Love the product, love the sound but please finish the product to make it something we can all brag about without having to say, BUT...
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back