Questyle QP1
Feb 3, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,286 of 4,272
omg if they have fixed this then I think we now have a giant killer in our midst.

Someone in the other QP1R thread reported that the 5800 wasn't eliminated, just raised to 9999. I stopped watching the indexing when it passed 5900 and assumed it was fixed. I confirm it's just been raised and there still is the Artist/Album issue. I guess small steps are better than no steps at all.

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #3,287 of 4,272
Someone in the other QP1R thread reported that the 5800 wasn't eliminated, just raised to 9999. I stopped watching the indexing when it passed 5900 and assumed it was fixed. I confirm it's just been raised and there still is the Artist/Album issue. I guess small steps are better than no steps at all.

Just to clarify, to play an ARTIST/ALBUM, you need to use Folder navigation and not meta data? And have tracks within that folder nicely numbered before track title?

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,288 of 4,272

That's funny that you just posted this because I just updated my initial impressions and said basically the same thing.

omg if they have fixed this then I think we now have a giant killer in our midst.

God!  I hope so.  It's never mentioned on the Dapoff thread.
By the way, where is the download link?  I went to the link and saw only that 'download' was the name of the page; not the actual download link.  I found Questyle's pages mostly to be a  mirror of their main page.  Kinda frustrating at times.

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #3,289 of 4,272

By the way, where is the download link?  I went to the link and saw only that 'download' was the name of the page; not the actual download link.  I found Questyle's pages mostly to be a  mirror of their main page.  Kinda frustrating at times.

Just uploaded the 1.0.5 firmware to my Google Drive.  You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cx_TwmO-EJQk9ZUEVZTDRfdlE/view?usp=sharing.

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,290 of 4,272

Just uploaded the 1.0.5 firmware to my Google Drive.  You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cx_TwmO-EJQk9ZUEVZTDRfdlE/view?usp=sharing.

Thanks.  Got it.  Any new developments other than the track limit?  Never been a problem for me, but if there are other enhancements than the reverse volume or the 9,999 I'd love to know.
Thanks again Moe.

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,291 of 4,272
Just to clarify, to play an ARTIST/ALBUM, you need to use Folder navigation and not meta data? And have tracks within that folder nicely numbered before track title?

If you use the Play By Category > Artist, there are no sub-folders for individual Albums. All Album's content are combined and sorted numerically. With Browse Files you have to know which microSD card or internal storage you placed which Artists on. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #3,292 of 4,272

Thanks.  Got it.  Any new developments other than the track limit?  Never been a problem for me, but if there are other enhancements than the reverse volume or the 9,999 I'd love to know.
Thanks again Moe.

I have contacted the powers that be and I will update with as official of a reply as I can with regards to everything that has been changed and/or updated, in the QP1R review.

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #3,293 of 4,272

If you use the Play By Category > Artist, there are no sub-folders for individual Albums. All Album's content are combined and sorted numerically. With Browse Files you have to know which microSD card or internal storage you placed which Artists on. 

Thanks, I would expect Browse Files to work like that. I never play by Category but would use Play by Artist, then Album. Is that still not available?

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #3,294 of 4,272

Thanks, I would expect Browse Files to work like that. I never play by Category but would use Play by Artist, then Album. Is that still not available?

I think we are saying the same thing, just phrasing it differently. Since I've had my QP1R, Category > Artist > Artist Albums (expecting to see multiple albums, if that applies to your collection), has been broken and is still broken. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3,295 of 4,272

I think we are saying the same thing, just phrasing it differently. Since I've had my QP1R, Category > Artist > Artist Albums (expecting to see multiple albums, if that applies to your collection), has been broken and is still broken. 

I don't have the QP1R (won a Mojo just as was about to buy) although it's still on my shopping list for solo play. Sorry by 'Category', I thought you meant Genre. So direct into list of ALL Artists, you cannot play one of their albums?! God help this playlist age, LOL. To me, that would be 95% useage as I play albums as intended. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #3,296 of 4,272

I don't have the QP1R (won a Mojo just as was about to buy) although it's still on my shopping list for solo play. Sorry by 'Category', I thought you meant Genre. So direct into list of ALL Artists, you cannot play one of their albums?! God help this playlist age, LOL. To me, that would be 95% useage as I play albums as intended. 

If you only have one album for that artist, you're good to go! If you have more than one album for that artist, therein lies the problem.

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #3,298 of 4,272
Is the volume lock new to fw1.05, or did I just never notice it before? Either way, a useful feature that's well implemented.

It is new to 1.0.5.

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #3,299 of 4,272
What IEM is best for the QP1R between the IE800 and Angie? Is there a huge difference between the two for the money?

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #3,300 of 4,272
From site...1.0.5

Code:
 1. Added QP1R version display when it¡¯s power on. 2. Supporting ISO function. 3. Settle problem of certain kind of .AIF file doesn¡¯t work. 4. Flip funcion is configurated as ¡°closed¡±. 5. Tracks with cover, will not be paused in switching to another track. 6. Update the Russian, Korean, Japanese language UI. 7. Add volume locking funtion in System Setting. 8. Add volume switch turning direction setting in System setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back