Questyle QP1
Nov 3, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #2,356 of 4,272

I have that in audiobooks (squeezed to 32kh/s files.

As an avid music collector since the age of twelve you wake up one day and find you have 15,000 cd.

I'll have to plug the ol' QP in and check, but I seem to have acquired close to 400GB since getting my own Visa card. 
I'll try the black tack.  At least I can get rid of that damned rubber band.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #2,358 of 4,272

That's impressive. I'm a collector too. Most of my FLAC files are from CD rips.

Me too. All of my FLAC files are from my collection of CD's being ripped for days and days.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #2,359 of 4,272
  Me too. All of my FLAC files are from my collection of CD's being ripped for days and days.

Yep, ripped all mine to FLAC a couple of years ago, time consuming process but worth it. Now that it's all done maintaining it is fairly painless, just rip new CDs as they come in.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #2,361 of 4,272
Hey Bruce. Is the optical out, fixed volume?

This isn't Bruce, but to answer your question, you can choose if the LO (line out) is "Maximum" (volume) or "Adjustable" in "System Settings" > "Line out volume".  With Optical, the volume settings do not apply, as you will not be able to change the volume via QP1R when going Optical.  Check out the QP1R review for more info.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2,362 of 4,272
Nov 3, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,363 of 4,272
Optical S/PDIF is digital. No volume. You hook up the optical out to an external DAC.

Correct.  No way to change the volume via QP1R, regardless of the settings.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #2,366 of 4,272

I've never taken a trip where I needed 24x7 music for 500 days and no repeats.

I guess I live a simple boring life.

I have far less music than that, but I can appreciate wanting to always have available whatever I want to listen to at any given time. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #2,367 of 4,272
Just received my Dignis case today. This thing is really nice. The smell is lovely and the feel is soft, just like good leather should be. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Every single penny. Definitely a nice case to pair with a very nice DAP.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #2,368 of 4,272

I've never taken a trip where I needed 24x7 music for 500 days and no repeats.

I guess I live a simple boring life.

No you probably sensible about it and have a life.
Problem is that I listen to albums and often get the urge to listen to a particular album which then becomes a bit of an obsession.
I was away the other week and had this need to listen to the third Big Star album.
Guess which album I did not have with me.
I look forward to the day when micro sd cards or their replacement hold terabytes rather than gigabytes.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #2,369 of 4,272

No you probably sensible about it and have a life.
Problem is that I listen to albums and often get the urge to listen to a particular album which then becomes a bit of an obsession.
I was away the other week and had this need to listen to the third Big Star album.
Guess which album I did not have with me.
I look forward to the day when micro sd cards or their replacement hold terabytes rather than gigabytes.

In reality, I'm not necessarily sane about this either. 

My affordable threshold for micro-SD cards is $0.50 per GB. By that standard, I've been able to afford a couple of 128 GB cards, plus I have 4 * 64 GB cards available for music. 

But all my e-tunes are on an external hard-drive. Which is synched regularly to a backup, which is a 2TB, USB-driven, ruggedized portable drive, about the size of a deck of playing cards, and that is (so far) large enough to hold all my e-music. (Toshiba made this particular HD.) On long trips, the PC and the portable drive go with me, plus an iFi Audio Micro iDSD DAC/amp. If I get bored with what's loaded on the sd-cards for the DAP, I can load different music, mid-trip.

In the spring, I took this rig on a ship cruise in the Caribbean, along with my decent cans, an HD-650 and an HiFiMan 400i. GOOD TIMES !!! I was literally about 10 minutes into joy time on the first day ... we'd barely left port ... when my wife said to me "You know you're not going to be able to listen to that stuff while anyone else is in the room, don't you?!?!"    (aaaaaah!
eek.gif

eek.gif
angry_face.gif
mad.gif
)

I bought some closed-back cans (Oppo PM-3) almost immediately upon getting back.  

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,370 of 4,272
I have only recharged three times and have maybe 10 music hours on the player. I plan to defeat all the turn off sleep and auto shutdown modes, and put it into random play and see if I can get an actual battery lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back