Questyle QP1
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2,342 of 4,272
I had no idea this was already out. I remember reading about it many months ago but I don't really keep up with these things. I was looking at a dap in the $600 or so price range and the QP1 seems to fit the bill. From what I've read so far there may not be much difference in sound depending on your use and my commute probably doesn't allow for much sound difference so the extra $300 saved can be spent on microSD cards. The 128gb are getting really cheap now and the 200gb are $150 at amazon.

Anyway, the only question I really have is about UI. I'm pretty picky about UI since I want something that works (Sony & Apple) so would it be comparable or should I expect something similar to the audiophile daps out there (Hifiman, Fiio, iBasso, A&K, etc)?

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #2,344 of 4,272
I have had my QP1R for several weeks now. I have only charged the player three times. I thought it was just losing track of time at first, but it appears I have a battery issue. I only get several hours of use before it dies. Big blocks of power disappear fast. Just today I was was listening at 38% power four minutes later I looked at it and it was down to 9%. I've never done a quick charge and have only followed the recharge instructions to the letter. Anyone have thoughts on this experience this problem?

You say that you have only charged the player three times, how many hours of play have you had in those several weeks?

I can get around 9-10% an hour for 70%. But once it goes below 30%, it is free fall drop to 10% in less than half hour.

Battery drain is not linear, as the voltage of the battery drops, the current draw goes up to maintain the same output levels. (Wattage equals voltage times current)

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,346 of 4,272

Can you endulge me and tell me what the pic shows?
Thanks.

What NOT to do. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,348 of 4,272
Just wanted to max storage with what I had available for a trip.
So two 512gb sd cards and sd to micro sd adaptor.
I have 8 terabytes of flac files and like to travel with as much as possible.
Normally two 200gb micro sd suffice.

I have a total of 3.19 GB of music, impressive eh? 
wink_face.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2,349 of 4,272

What NOT to do. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks.  I do the same with 256Gs.  Do you use velcro of some sort, or just tape?

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #2,350 of 4,272
i have somewhat over 300gb, so 2 x 200microsd + internal works great.  i love being able to have it all ready for play.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,351 of 4,272

I have a total of 3.19 GB of music, impressive eh? 
wink_face.gif

I have that in audiobooks (squeezed to 32kh/s files.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,352 of 4,272
A miserly 150gb or so here. My 200gb card suffices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back