Questyle QP1
Nov 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #2,371 of 4,272
In reality, I'm not necessarily sane about this either. 

My affordable threshold for micro-SD cards is $0.50 per GB. By that standard, I've been able to afford a couple of 128 GB cards, plus I have 4 * 64 GB cards available for music. 

But all my e-tunes are on an external hard-drive. Which is synched regularly to a backup, which is a 2TB, USB-driven, ruggedized portable drive, about the size of a deck of playing cards, and that is (so far) large enough to hold all my e-music. (Toshiba made this particular HD.) On long trips, the PC and the portable drive go with me, plus an iFi Audio Micro iDSD DAC/amp. If I get bored with what's loaded on the sd-cards for the DAP, I can load different music, mid-trip.

In the spring, I took this rig on a ship cruise in the Caribbean, along with my decent cans, an HD-650 and an HiFiMan 400i. GOOD TIMES !!! I was literally about 10 minutes into joy time on the first day ... we'd barely left port ... when my wife said to me "You know you're not going to be able to listen to that stuff while anyone else is in the room, don't you?!?!"    (aaaaaah! :eek:  :eek: :angry_face: :mad: )

I bought some closed-back cans (Oppo PM-3) almost immediately upon getting back.  

Have you tried the PM3 with the QP1R? Can you describe your findings please. This is a closed can I am interested in. Thanks

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #2,372 of 4,272
Have you tried the PM3 with the QP1R? Can you describe your findings please. This is a closed can I am interested in. Thanks

I'm here to find out how seriously I should be interested in the QP1R as my next-gen DAP. Haven't heard or seen the QP1R yet. 

I do like the Oppo PM3 very much. My Fiio X1 drives it fine, my LG-G2 cell phone drives it well but not quite to LOUD levels, and a SanDisk Clip+ also drives it well. And needless to say, the iFi Audio Micro iDSD is an excellent match.

IMO, you don't have to consider whether the QP1R and the Oppo PM3 are a good match. (Edit: because they will be.) Only whether you personally like the sound and comfort of the PM3 compared to alternatives.

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #2,373 of 4,272

My affordable threshold for micro-SD cards is $0.50 per GB. By that standard, I've been able to afford a couple of 128 GB cards, plus I have 4 * 64 GB cards available for music. 

But all my e-tunes are on an external hard-drive. Which is synched regularly to a backup, which is a 2TB, USB-driven, ruggedized portable drive, about the size of a deck of playing cards, and that is (so far) large enough to hold all my e-music. (Toshiba made this particular HD.) On long trips, the PC and the portable drive go with me, plus an iFi Audio Micro iDSD DAC/amp. If I get bored with what's loaded on the sd-cards for the DAP, I can load different music, mid-trip.

In the spring, I took this rig on a ship cruise in the Caribbean, along with my decent cans, an HD-650 and an HiFiMan 400i. GOOD TIMES !!! I was literally about 10 minutes into joy time on the first day ... we'd barely left port ... when my wife said to me "You know you're not going to be able to listen to that stuff while anyone else is in the room, don't you?!?!"    (aaaaaah!
eek.gif

eek.gif
angry_face.gif
mad.gif
)

I bought some closed-back cans (Oppo PM-3) almost immediately upon getting back.  

Sounds like my wife Lol. For that reason I purchased Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (they're closed) to go with my QP1R. After I upgraded them to a silver cable...excellent combo.

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2,374 of 4,272
I'm here to find out how seriously I should be interested in the QP1R as my next-gen DAP. Haven't heard or seen the QP1R yet. 

I do like the Oppo PM3 very much. My Fiio X1 drives it fine, my LG-G2 cell phone drives it well but not quite to LOUD levels, and a SanDisk Clip+ also drives it well. And needless to say, the iFi Audio Micro iDSD is an excellent match.

IMO, you don't have to consider whether the QP1R and the Oppo PM3 are a good match. (Edit: because they will be.) Only whether you personally like the sound and comfort of the PM3 compared to alternatives.

My mistake I thought you had the QPIR. Nevermind I will take my QPIR with me if I can source a demo somewhere relatively local.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #2,375 of 4,272

In the spring, I took this rig on a ship cruise in the Caribbean, along with my decent cans, an HD-650 and an HiFiMan 400i. GOOD TIMES !!! I was literally about 10 minutes into joy time on the first day ... we'd barely left port ... when my wife said to me "You know you're not going to be able to listen to that stuff while anyone else is in the room, don't you?!?!"    (aaaaaah!
eek.gif

eek.gif
angry_face.gif
mad.gif
)

Sounds like my wife Lol. For that reason I purchased Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (they're closed) to go with my QP1R. After I upgraded them to a silver cable...excellent combo.

I use openbacked HPs and my wife's always complaining that she can't hear the bloody TV 'cause of my music.  I refuse to change cans, therefore must live with it.  Ahhh, civilians.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #2,381 of 4,272

Yes the brown dignis casing is really beautiful. Goes well with the gold QP1R.

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #2,382 of 4,272

I organized by data base alphabetically, and that's how I listen to it, it takes about a year to get through a single letter.

Yes but The is always an issue for me.
The Velvet Underground or Velvet Underground.

Cult, Coors, Fix etc.  I remove 'The' from all titles and band names, else everything might start with 'T'.  Just my OCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back