Questyle CMA600i vs Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies for Audeze LCD-3
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sebab

New Head-Fier
I'm planning on getting the Audeze LCD-3 but can't decide which one of these amps I shoud get. Can't afford a more expensive amp than these two at the moment. What are your thoughts on which one would drive the LCD-3 better? The Questyle is a solid state amp and the Woo Audio a tube amp.

All help appreciated, thanks! :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 5
It's been awhile since I've heard the WA7 so I can't comment on them but have heard the 600i's more recently and I do like it. One of the things the 600i's have going for it is balanced connections. I don't think that is a really big deal but it does give you some different options for connectivity and a lot of balanced amps double the power from the balanced output not for sure if the Questyle does. I have a Questyle QP1R Dap and love the sound of it and it does power full sized headphones well also. That being said I don't think I've heard a Woo amp that I did not like. I'm sure this helps very little but it's all I got.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 5
have you experimented with tubes with the LCD-3? You could see if you like the sound of that first, even if its a cheaper tube amp that you could flip later.

Yeah, I have an Alo Audio Pan Am that I've used with a demo pair of the LCD-3 that I borrowed for a few days. They sounded really good, but the problem is that I've never tried a high quality solid state amp with them, so I have no idea how that would sound in comparison. I've just heard that solid state amps are generally better than tube amps with planar magnetic headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 5
It's been awhile since I've heard the WA7 so I can't comment on them but have heard the 600i's more recently and I do like it. One of the things the 600i's have going for it is balanced connections. I don't think that is a really big deal but it does give you some different options for connectivity and a lot of balanced amps double the power from the balanced output not for sure if the Questyle does. I have a Questyle QP1R Dap and love the sound of it and it does power full sized headphones well also. That being said I don't think I've heard a Woo amp that I did not like. I'm sure this helps very little but it's all I got.

Ok, thanks for your reply!

Have you heard the CMA600i with an Audeze headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back