Question Regarding Etymotic and Westone
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Aydindurantas

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of westone 2's but I mainly do most of my listening on the bus heading back and forth to the city and I receive a lot of phone calls. I use my iPhone 5 as my main listening device. Its a hassle unplugging the headphones every time I receive a call. So i'm looking for a pair of IEM's with a mic and iPhone controls. I heard good things about the etymotic hf3's but am concerned that I have been spoiled by the westone 2's. Is the sound quality drastically different? How much of a difference is there? I also heard that their somewhat uncomfortable since they have to go so deep in your ear. Also, is there any other IEM's with mics that you guys would recommend. Price limit is around $200. Preferably a little less. I listen to mainly classic rock, metal, country, and genres of that sort. Thanks in advance.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 3
The Harmen Kardon are great match for these genre music and they scale up with use of EQ APPs and AMps help through line out dock and guitars sound realy good on these. The other IEMs like RE262+Fiio 02i, RE272+02i, UE TF10Pro(Vi), GR07+02i and Klipsch Image X10i, X5i are also recommended for there great soundquality and iPhone control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back