QQ v3.0
Jan 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #331 of 780
Vinyl isn't even necessarily 'high resolution'. It's analog. It seems 'super high res' because digital music is always trying to sound analog (like vinyl).

Once I realize how much I enjoy a hobby I go all out. I've been obssesed with gear since I started and I'm starting to realize I'd like to get to a point where I can just buy a ton of new music and not worry about gear. I'm hoping I'll get there with this set up.

Upgradeitis is always there, but I think I'll be able to stop with this stuff.

Complaint: Upgraditis sucks.

Quote:
That's what i thought. other than regular CD's there's those SACD's , Vinyls, HDtrakcs....and not much else :/ Regular CD's are the easiest to get of course :/ that's a crazy set up right there. :) I'm just doing a mini one. computer to optical when i get my E17 :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #332 of 780

Quote:
Vinyl isn't even necessarily 'high resolution'. It's analog. It seems 'super high res' because digital music is always trying to sound analog (like vinyl).

Once I realize how much I enjoy a hobby I go all out. I've been obssesed with gear since I started and I'm starting to realize I'd like to get to a point where I can just buy a ton of new music and not worry about gear. I'm hoping I'll get there with this set up.

i'll take your old gear

complaint: audio and computers are really bad for my wallet.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #333 of 780

Quote:

I don't like the sound of Vinyl rips :/ Some are good but others I can't take. Like "Imagine" by John Lennon. He seems so far away.and the pops...the pops...those...pops. From what I have heard/read in this 3 page article from some israli audiophile. Digital has caught up to vinyl and is more pleasant in his opinion. I agree. :) I like the more pleasant part. i don't know about cathcing up or anything :/

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #334 of 780
Ideally vinyl rips have no pops. That's not due to the fact it's vinyl that's due to the fact whoever ripped it had a damaged copy or it was dirty. Vinyl can be very smooth when taken care of and cleaned right.

The biggest reason I think audiphiles like vinyl is because they usually have the best versions of the recording/master. Often the CD master is worse than the vinyl one. Like Norah Jone's Come Away With Me. The vinyl and SACD cuts wer superior.

I do prefer digital, but vinyl is fun. To whip out every now and then.
Quote:
I don't like the sound of Vinyl rips :/ Some are good but others I can't take. Like "Imagine" by John Lennon. He seems so far away.and the pops...the pops...those...pops. From what I have heard/read in this 3 page article from some israli audiophile. Digital has caught up to vinyl and is more pleasant in his opinion. I agree. :) I like the more pleasant part. i don't know about cathcing up or anything :/

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #335 of 780

Quote:
Ideally vinyl rips have no pops. That's not due to the fact it's vinyl that's due to the fact whoever ripped it had a damaged copy or it was dirty. Vinyl can be very smooth when taken care of and cleaned right.

The biggest reason I think audiphiles like vinyl is because they usually have the best versions of the recording/master. Often the CD master is worse than the vinyl one. Like Norah Jone's Come Away With Me. The vinyl and SACD cuts wer superior.

I do prefer digital, but vinyl is fun. To whip out every now and then.

oh yes. I do know that the pops are caused by whoever ripped it. but to me...it seems like 3/4 of vinyl coppies are always ripped with those pops and what not. Vinyl is fun :) yes, looking at that 24/192 and what not. But digital is good :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #336 of 780
Quote:
ComplaintL people think OF is good

Quote:
Complaint: I didn't mean to make this post

Why do I get a completely different post from quoting you lorem?

As for OF, there pretty fresh so to speak. This idea of teenagers from the ghetto's of Ladera producing their own "real" hip hop music as an attack against the 40 year old rapper's stuck on Gucci gets the hipsters all going I imagine...And after listening to Soulja Boy and the basedgod for days listening to OF is a stark contrast to that in all honesty.

Tyler, The Creator does everything himself too, from writing lyrics, making beats, to directing the videos and even designing all their clothes. That's pretty cool. I'm not a big fan though and have no problem admitting that Tyler is an *******.

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #339 of 780
Kirosia is gonna die never knowing the embrace of a non-hooker

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #341 of 780
Better yet get them to hug you...and maybe even get paid.

A friend of mine wanted to buy himself a DVD at a local anime convention and had run out of money (it was the last day). So he stood around and asked random girls if they wanted to hug him for money. One chick gave him the 10 bucks he needed.

Never underestimate the power of random stranger hugs.
Quote:
Hug a random stranger.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #342 of 780
i always wanted to go to an anime convention but to be honest i would not be able to control myself with all the skimpy outfits and so forth. 1 second you see me and next second when you look away and look back at me all my cloths would be off lol. i would make an excuse up as well for being naked. i just tell them i'm dressed as a naked anime character or something.

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #345 of 780
Quote:
That's the solution.

Kirosia, move to Russia.

All you need is a video camera and 1000 women will agree to be molested?  What a beautiful culture!

wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back