QQ v3.0
Oct 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #766 of 780
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #767 of 780
Bleep officially ruled my Flying Lotus CE LPs lost in the mail and issued me a refund. I'm thinking about reordering but now the estimated shipping is twice what it was before. 

This website sucks. Probably won't buy from them again.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #768 of 780
I'll drag this one up from the relative dead because I had a few frustrating or otherwise disappointing experiences today.

First, I was out around Ann Arbor today, and before I left I remembered that there's a hi-fi shop out that way that has the entire Grado line. This is the first time I've been anywhere near Ann Arbor in over a year, so before I left I decided to look up the address to see where the shop actually was. I looked at the location and concluded it was too far out of my way to try for it, so of course I didn't bother recording either the name or the address.

Turns out I was a lot closer to downtown Ann Arbor than I thought, and I missed out on a golden opportunity to sample every Grado headphone, probably out of some really nice amplification. Gaaah! I could have hauled my Beyers out there and heard them through a proper amp, too.

So, on to the second thing. Since I hadn't been to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) in over a year (even though it's literally a ten minute walk away from the building I have both my classes in, and I'm on campus twice a week), I decided I'd pay another visit. There was a painting I'd seen the last time that I really liked.

You can see where this is going. Didn't remember the title or the artist's name. Scoured the entire bloody place. Nowhere to be found. It's either in storage or it was on loan the last time and has since moved on to a new home.

Finally, I had left instructions with a friend of mine to scour his music collection for a Bach album I'd borrowed once and wanted some information about so I could get a copy of my own. Of course he can't find it, and what's more, he can't remember even owning it. Brilliant. So now I've got the bloody performance of the first movement of BWV 1041 that was on that album stuck in my head, and I'll never know who's playing. I've tried several online music retailers but can't find anything resembling what I remembered was in the collection.

It's been one of those days. I think missing out on the Grados (and of course the other amazing audio equipment in that shop) is what gets me the most. I'm not even a huge fan of the Grado SS. I just wanted to be able to say I'd heard the entire standard range from the SR60i all the way up through the PS1000.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #771 of 780
Kirosia was not informed that AFF's new album "Pines" was released last month.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #772 of 780
The Xbox wireless adapter I bought hardly works and every time it does somebody else starts using the internet and I get booted off. 

So now I either have to set up a wire throughout my house or move my xbox even though there is only one place to move it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #773 of 780
Get your **** together so we can play Halo, dawg.

Quote:
The Xbox wireless adapter I bought hardly works and every time it does somebody else starts using the internet and I get booted off. 

So now I either have to set up a wire throughout my house or move my xbox even though there is only one place to move it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #776 of 780
Bro I worked on a donut farm those are kosher.

And stay away from Kettle Cooked Lay's, I bought two bags of the BBQ variants, and they're stale and have no flavor. Waste of $6.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #777 of 780
I knew a guy who tried to get a chicken farm started but couldn't seem to hatch a single chick. Turns out he was planting the eggs too deep.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #778 of 780
I just played my copy of Fleetwood Mac for the first time on vinyl and unfortunately it's not in great shape and is fairly loud...Guess I need to buy the repress(s).

EDIT: At least Landslide is fairly quiet.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #779 of 780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back