QQ v3.0
Dec 31, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #304 of 780
Quote:
Yeah I'm a bit baffled by you guys being frustrated, but do as you wish I suppose.

I don't pay for games that use intrusive phone-home DRM schemes...

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #305 of 780

Quote:
Yeah I'm a bit baffled by you guys being frustrated, but do as you wish I suppose.

you have to admit this is dumb:

Mac Users:

If you are using a Mac, you will not be able to install from the disc. Please double-click on the game in your Library list to begin downloading and installing the software.

so why buying discs then? 

now imagine all those gamer guys in africa who doesnt have internet access...

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #306 of 780
Dec 31, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #308 of 780
It's only for Skyrim, me thinks. 

Quote:
That must be new, back when I bought CS:S and TF2 on disc (before TF2 became free) they both installed from the discs without any of that ****

So you don't pay for PC games at all then? There's so few games without intrusive DRM now. Steam is not even half as bad as some of the others. 

Complain all you want but Steam is a great service. As long as you've got internet to validate the install you can play your games without an active connection. Unlike a lot of the more recent games like Assassin's Creed 2 which require a constant connection. 

Quote:
I don't pay for games that use intrusive phone-home DRM schemes...

Also, Progger...You'd want to update the game even if you installed with the discs. Glitches galore, etc.

-----

EDIT: Sure we'd all like the no-DRM golden days to return, but it'll never happen. I prefer Steam because everything else is just ridiculous now-a-days. It really streamlines everything and I love it...

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #309 of 780
Quote:
So you don't pay for PC games at all then?

Not many.  I haven't been playing many PC games lately so I'm unsure of the state of DRM but there's still plenty of oldies I missed out on in the past on GOG that I buy from time to time.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #313 of 780

Quote:
Complaint: 2011 sucked.

Happy new year in mountain standard time

in a house / in the mountains / there's a place we can fall asleep / and i know / when we find it / we can let / this / go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back