Q701 impressions thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tdockweiler, Nov 27, 2011.
First

Back
627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636
  1. richard51
    When my friend listened with me the q 701 with the first Magni 6 years ago the total non synergy was apparent, and it was the worst amplifier I ever listen to (dry 2-d sound)....We switch immediately for a cheap Ocean Bravo tube amplifier(with high gain) which i owns at this time and there was absolutely no comparison and a so beautiful synergy that my friend bought a Bravo amp on the spot,sells the magni and owns these 2 to this day...The 701 is miraculously in love with the Bravo...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    natto likes this.
  2. Burakksglu
    Guys I found a 2nd hand Q701 and I'm about to take that offer.Because it was OK in price(About 130$=530TL in Turkey).So I need a DAC/AMP for it and I don't have budget more than 150$.So I found Audioengine D1 Dac/Amp for less than that.Here's my question.Should I take them both or geth something else instead of Audioengine D1?

Also is there anything I need to check before buying Q701s.I'll be with my HTC10.I don't have any DAP,portable dac/amps.

3. Devodonaldson
    Fiio q1 mk2 is only $100

4. Burakksglu
    Thank you for your answer.
    But I would like to get a desktop dac/amp combo - dac+amp stack for desktop only use.Because I have a HTC10 and HD598Cs right now.Also I found a good deal on both O2(AMP) and Beresford Bushmaster mkII(dac+amp).They're about the same price (~100$).

5. eldus
    Well, i went with the Magni 3 while willing to return it if i didn't like the synergy. the upgrade from the Fiio E17k is very apparent to me. it sounds quite nice. I might get the Bravo later on down the line, but i am happy with my new piece of kit. ( I have also performed the Bass-port Mod (before I got the amp)). I do find that the output from my Sony DVP-NC875 (SACD, DVD, CD player) sounds better than the e17k in the line out DAC configuration.

6. HerrXRDS
  7. Burakksglu
    Exactly the same thing happened to me this week.I wonder too :)

8. eldus
    Probably would work. If you want the official part, you can contact AKG directly. Service parts or somthing. They can send you a .PDF (googling may help as well) that has a parts list with #numbers.

First

Back
627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636