Q Cable Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #331 of 555
^^ Welcome to the club. Steve is a righteous cobbler of cables. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #332 of 555
I know, I know - I'm just a little insecure ... other guys seem to be ordering longer stuff than I have.  I feel a little <sob> inadequate ...

PS. That's two "littles" and an "inadequate" in one sentence, do you think that might mean something ? ... Well, let's leave it there ... for this session ... that'll be $240 thanks. (see, I'm practising - um, practicing).

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #333 of 555
Hey Steve,  Just wanted to say I have been very happy with the cables you sent me recently. I popped them into my system and have been playing music ever since.  I want to do a review, but I'm happy just listening to them at the moment ... so I don't really care how much better they are than the stock Audeze cables, you know ?  Plus it is exam time, so whilst I have some time to read and type thoughts, swapping components and doing a thorough review would take time I don't have at the moment ... actually that is probably a great compliment given my obsessive compulsive nature (like all students of Psychology, I'm a myriad of disorders myself). Usually I would be swapping cables and assessing and quantifying.  Here I'll just rest, get over my exams, enjoy listening and THEN obsess over grain and soundstage depth ... and hopefully reveal to the world that you are a charlatan, a fraud, a snake-oil sales man AND a bad lover - I already have a TMZ interview lined up ... :wink_face:

HA! Do your worst! As Oscar Wilde once said, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. :p

se

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #334 of 555
I know, I know - I'm just a little insecure ... other guys seem to be ordering longer stuff than I have.  I feel a little  inadequate ...

PS. That's two "littles" and an "inadequate" in one sentence, do you think that might mean something ? ... Well, let's leave it there ... for this session ... that'll be $240 thanks. (see, I'm practising - um, practicing).

Be patient. We've got the boys in the lab working on an enhancement drug for cables. :D

se

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #335 of 555
A little word about Q French Silk balanced vs stock balanced LCD-3 cables: be patient! It took some times to have them made, and as much for them to reach me in Istanbul but I'm very happy to have that much, I was really expecting less. The cables are very well made, very beautiful, comfortable and almost without microphonics. And especially they are very nice sounding!!! And a very great pairing with LCD-3.

Compared quickly tonight with the stock LCD cables Q French Silk brought me wider, deeper, more airy soundstage but thicker, less dry/more natural and direct sound. Is difference subtle? I'm pretty sure I can match 99% on a ABX test.

That's a lot for a few hundred dollars. You get in the music very much easily, it's for me very good money spent. In fact that's the litlle thing that was missing in my audio chain (until the next :). I'm really impressed … and happy!

Thanks again Steve!

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #337 of 555
Didn't Steve used to sell 4 pin XLR to Dual 3 pin XLR? What happened to them?

Yes, we used to offer them, but I've always thought that the dual three pin connection was one of the silliest things the headphone industry ever came up with and a couple weeks ago, I decided to remove that option from the website.

Sorry.

se

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #338 of 555
Just ordered a 2m Brown French Silk headphone cable from Q Audio, w/ the new Terrazzo plug that looks beautiful! Even came with custom engraving of my name on it. Steve was absolutely awesome to work with, can't wait to get the new cable!

1395885_374960055968298_935054320_n.jpg

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #339 of 555
  Just ordered a 2m Brown French Silk headphone cable from Q Audio, w/ the new Terrazzo plug that looks beautiful! Even came with custom engraving of my name on it. Steve was absolutely awesome to work with, can't wait to get the new cable!

1395885_374960055968298_935054320_n.jpg

Damn - I want that plug ... can't afford it, but DAYUM that is fine !! Where's the "envy" emoticon ... Totally stunning !!

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #340 of 555
It's like smoke in a bottle :). Actually the plug didn't cost any extra, even with the engraving. I think they is a limited supply of them however.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #341 of 555

Thank you for the kind words, goldendarko. And yes, the custom engraving was a limited offering. We may work out something down the road for an additional fee, but we offered these first ones for free because the custom engraving will be done during the first production run so it only cost us a little extra. To have the custom engraving done just one or two at a time would cost more.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back