Q Cable Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #302 of 555
I had the cotton sheathed Q cable for my HE-500 and really loved it.  When I sold off my HE500 and HD700, I emailed Steve to get a cable for my HD800.  Through some great some karma and a little bit of time, I finally received the new Silk Q cable in the mail today.
Two immediate first impressions - this cable is stunningly beautiful and OMG, look at those earrings/connectors!
  1. First, as in my original cotton Q cable, it just gets out of the way physically and sonically.  I'm not going to blabber on about the sonic benefits because it's day one and I really need to do some A/B comparisons - but then again, it's so comfortable and 'not there', the stock cable may not ever go back on. Love the feel of the silk.
  2. Second - those earrings - well, they may look unwieldily but once I got the HD800 on my head and started enjoying the music, they just disappeared - don't even know they're there. Nice design Steve!
Now that I have a cable with the mini-XLR connection, it may be time to get me some LCD's.
Anyway, love the cable - 'My Precious' :)
Thanks Steve!!

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #304 of 555
This thread has been quiet recently...  Maybe because everyone is too busy listening to music! Still loving my Q French Silk... 
beerchug.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #306 of 555
I had been looking to replace the stock HE500 cable for quite a while.  From an ergonomic standpoint the stock cable is horrible.  Very stiff and prone to kinks.  I also needed a balanced cable for my Taboo.  The Q cable is exactly what I was looking for.  It's light, flexible, looks absolutely fantastic, and is allowing me to use the Taboo to it's full potential.  I couldn't be happier with my purchase.  Thanks Steve.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #308 of 555
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

It might be quiet in here, but we recently had to increase our lead time by a week (probably due to the summer sale, but now that that's over I'm pretty sure we'll be coming back down to our previous lead time).

I think pelli's right. People are busy listening to music, which is what this whole thing is all about in the first place. And speaking of music, I always make sure to check out the Pick of the Week at my local Starbucks (Pick of the Week is a card that lets you redeem a free song, app, game, etc. from Apple). Most times its not anything that spins my beanie, but a few weeks ago I happened on one that did. Valerie June's You Can't Be Told (do a Google video search for an interview with her, she has the cutest little southern voice).

Thanks again, guys. Have a great weekend!

se

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #314 of 555
Seriously! Steve speaks and all I hear is greek. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #315 of 555
Still, less funny if you have to google a joke in my experiences. :xf_eek:

Yeah, but by the same token, if the youngsters were a bit more well read, they wouldn't have to Google it. :p

We're just old Steve.

Yeah, but we know about memes and catch phrases that were popular before we were born. I mean, "I like Ike" was well before my time, but I'm quite familiar with it. Of course being a Canucklehead, you might not be, but you know what I mean. :wink:

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back