Q Cable Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #316 of 555
Yeah, but by the same token, if the youngsters were a bit more well read, they wouldn't have to Google it.
tongue.gif

Yeah, but we know about memes and catch phrases that were popular before we were born. I mean, "I like Ike" was well before my time, but I'm quite familiar with it. Of course being a Canucklehead, you might not be, but you know what I mean.
wink.gif

se

Good points...can't argue with them. So true....well except for the last one. 
size]

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #318 of 555
καλύτερα νεκρός παρά κόκκινο.

se

Google Translate: The translation failed because of a server error- Fu**ing Communist

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #320 of 555
Just noticed on The Audio Guild facebook page that Steve from Q has a new barrel type that looks cool. Called Terrazzo.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioGuild?ref=profile

He's making up some personalised ones with buyer's name etched on it, for a limited run.

Hmmm, how's my bank account  ???? 
redface.gif

R

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #322 of 555
Just wanted to say many thanks to Steve for the hook up on the very sexy new barrel on my Q Audio cable. I think that it's dead sexy!!

Steve and I chatted on Saturday morning about the barrel exchange plus some repair on adapters. I put the things in the mail to him that Saturday afternoon and I had both pieces in my mailbox this afternoon. 
eek.gif

There are a few great guys to deal with on cables and Steve Eddy is certainly one. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #323 of 555
Thank you for the very kind words, Matt. And you're quite welcome.

I fell hard for the new barrels too. Our supplier sent me a photo of the samples before he shipped them out, but that didn't prepare me for what I saw when they finally arrived. First thing I did was make a new cable for myself. :D

se

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #324 of 555
Just checking in as another satisfied Q-Audio customer.

Received my Q French Silk recently and it's everything I hoped it would be.  Outstanding build quality and far lighter and more flexible than the original LCD3 cable and BJC extension I was previously using.  Combine that with Steve's customer service and willingness to find a very fair solution to pricing out a longer cable than is listed on the web site and it was pretty much an ideal transaction.

I should probably send a gift card to whomever had to braid it!

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #325 of 555
Thank you for the kind words, bfreedma! Glad you're happy with your "Seriously? You want one THAT long!?" Cable.

As for the gift card, that would come in handy for buying a jar of callous remover. :D

se

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #328 of 555
Thank you for the kind words, bfreedma! Glad you're happy with your "Seriously? You want one THAT long!?" Cable.As for the gift card, that would come in handy for buying a jar of callous remover. :Dse

You're welcome Steve.

Gotta say, that entire post seems teed up for all variety responses that might get me banned.

Ben

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #330 of 555
Hey Steve,  Just wanted to say I have been very happy with the cables you sent me recently. I popped them into my system and have been playing music ever since.  I want to do a review, but I'm happy just listening to them at the moment ... so I don't really care how much better they are than the stock Audeze cables, you know ?  Plus it is exam time, so whilst I have some time to read and type thoughts, swapping components and doing a thorough review would take time I don't have at the moment ... actually that is probably a great compliment given my obsessive compulsive nature (like all students of Psychology, I'm a myriad of disorders myself). Usually I would be swapping cables and assessing and quantifying.  Here I'll just rest, get over my exams, enjoy listening and THEN obsess over grain and soundstage depth ... and hopefully reveal to the world that you are a charlatan, a fraud, a snake-oil sales man AND a bad lover - I already have a TMZ interview lined up ... 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back